For those who suport NCLB..take a hard look at this cartoon

shel90

Love Makes the World Go Round
Premium Member
Reaction score
Think about deaf children being mainstreamed and having to take those tests. I think deaf children are the elephants.

Attachments

• NLCB.jpg
    NLCB.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 94
The elephant can climb the tree!

Just not in a way we all think of climbing the tree. :)

He can push the tree over.. and then "climb"

The elephant can climb the tree!

Just not in a way we all think of climbing the tree. :)

He can push the tree over.. and then "climb"

Do you realize what you just said?

What about the fish, who are the fish?

Maybe the elephant can lift the fish into the tree then pull it down...

What about the fish, who are the fish?

Maybe the elephant can lift the fish into the tree then pull it down...

Then that would be like a kid taking a test for someone who cant understand it. Cheating isnt allowed remember?

I totally get Shel's point. Realistically, there's about only one animal in that pix that could really climb that tree.

Think about deaf children being mainstreamed and having to take those tests. I think deaf children are the elephants.

I don't like NCLB either, but why can't deaf kids be held to the same standards as hearing kids?

It is not just about deaf or hearing.. It is about ones ability to learn. Each child is different, and function differently. Not all children develope at the same level.

It is not just about deaf or hearing.. It is about ones ability to learn. Each child is different, and function differently. Not all children develope at the same level.

This I can agree with. But, shouldn't we have minimum standards for all students?

Reading, writing, math, etc.

If the NCLB disregarded reading math, writing.... and decided it would be based only on welding, auto mechanics, building houses....

Would these same students who are proficient in reading, writing, math do as good as these who are visually and hands-on oriented? Should we hold them to the exact same standards?

If the NCLB disregarded reading math, writing.... and decided it would be based only on welding, auto mechanics, building houses....

Would these same students who are proficient in reading, writing, math do as good as these who are visually and hands-on oriented? Should we hold them to the exact same standards?

I don't care about NCLB, I already said that. I do believe that we should have minimum standards for reading, writing and math though.

Back