For NHL Fans here

Who will wins the 2006 Stanley Cup Championship?

• Total voters

GoldenLeaf74

Reaction score
Who you think who will wins the 2006 Stanley Cup Championship?

I would like to see Oilers to kick 'Canes. Why? I disliked owner of 'Canes who left from Hartford Whalers to North Carolina after he asked for more money fund and "gimme new staduim" after Hartford gave them alot million dollars almost every year. I knows Oilers killed my favorite team, Boston Bruins twice in Cup Finals but I likes Whalers where easy to get into the game anytime I wanted to.

At least, I didn't mind Connecticut spend money on new staduim for Uconn Huskies football team few years ago because they never leave here anytime. What more, new staduim got me and my family to attend World Cup tune up USA vs Lativa game last week. There is talking about host NCAA championship - soccer and field hockey there.

Yup, I hope NHL team will be bring into Hartford somedays but long shot after Las Vegas and Houston are most likely to get NHL team from bankrupt NHL team like Pittsburgh.

MaxUFC said:
I would like to see Oilers to kick 'Canes. Why? I disliked owner of 'Canes who left from Hartford Whalers to North Carolina after he asked for more money fund and "gimme new staduim" after Hartford gave them alot million dollars almost every year. I knows Oilers killed my favorite team, Boston Bruins twice in Cup Finals but I likes Whalers where easy to get into the game anytime I wanted to.

At least, I didn't mind Connecticut spend money on new staduim for Uconn Huskies football team few years ago because they never leave here anytime. What more, new staduim got me and my family to attend World Cup tune up USA vs Lativa game last week. There is talking about host NCAA championship - soccer and field hockey there.

Yup, I hope NHL team will be bring into Hartford somedays but long shot after Las Vegas and Houston are most likely to get NHL team from bankrupt NHL team like Pittsburgh.

I doubt Houston or Las Vages will get an NHL team, Canada need more teams like Winnipeg and Quebec are very high deserve a new team back to the NHL. I think Hamltion can chance to bid for a new team too..

GoldenLeaf74 said:
I doubt Houston or Las Vages will get an NHL team, Canada need more teams like Winnipeg and Quebec are very high deserve a new team back to the NHL. I think Hamltion can chance to bid for a new team too..

It would be nice to see Las Vegas got first professional sport team in their city... Many professional sports teams always talk why not move to LV, but never did... Only LV did got professional sport team is XFL, Las Vegas Outlaws

GoldenLeaf74 said:
Yeah, NHL office hadn't mention any cities of Canada for new team. Often brought up Las Vegas and Houtson even NHL offices denied about move team to another city. Yes, I knows about Winniper and Quebec as true fans. Hartford, Seattle (would be new rival with Vancouver), and Kansas City (would be new rival with Dallas) are also shoo in with long shot.

Wait and see what Pittsburgh's next move after Mario Lemieux sell his Penguins which he fed up with city of Pittsburgh to gvie Steelers and Pirates new staduim and denied Peguins's new arena request as oldest arena of NHL.

New Jersey might move to new place which Devils owner wanted to move to Las Vegas unless Treton give thumb up to give new arean for Devils. Since NBA NJ Nets will playing in Brooklyn, NY in few years as their new arena.

Buffalo Sabres and St. Louis Blues are just rumor to sell their teams.

NHL Bettman did saying "no more to add new expansion teams" after Nashville and Minnesota. I thought not need more expansion team as just do relocation. I would like Hartord but got too many on NHL east coast like Bruins, Islanders, Devils, Rangers, Canadiens and Ottawa where I could driving any one of these ones within 6 hours. Also too many AHL teams in New England.

MaxUFC said:
Yeah, NHL office hadn't mention any cities of Canada for new team. Often brought up Las Vegas and Houtson even NHL offices denied about move team to another city. Yes, I knows about Winniper and Quebec as true fans. Hartford, Seattle (would be new rival with Vancouver), and Kansas City (would be new rival with Dallas) are also shoo in with long shot.

Wait and see what Pittsburgh's next move after Mario Lemieux sell his Penguins which he fed up with city of Pittsburgh to gvie Steelers and Pirates new staduim and denied Peguins's new arena request as oldest arena of NHL.

New Jersey might move to new place which Devils owner wanted to move to Las Vegas unless Treton give thumb up to give new arean for Devils. Since NBA NJ Nets will playing in Brooklyn, NY in few years as their new arena.

Buffalo Sabres and St. Louis Blues are just rumor to sell their teams.

NHL Bettman did saying "no more to add new expansion teams" after Nashville and Minnesota. I thought not need more expansion team as just do relocation. I would like Hartord but got too many on NHL east coast like Bruins, Islanders, Devils, Rangers, Canadiens and Ottawa where I could driving any one of these ones within 6 hours. Also too many AHL teams in New England.

yes, I know too many AHL in New England, but i miss my favorite Baby Leafs of AHL in St. John's. Here in St. John's we have an exllecent fans in Atlantic Canada but Toronto Maple Leafs deicde to move Baby Leafs back to Toronto. oh man. I miss it alot.

GoldenLeaf74 said:
yes, I know too many AHL in New England, but i miss my favorite Baby Leafs of AHL in St. John's. Here in St. John's we have an exllecent fans in Atlantic Canada but Toronto Maple Leafs deicde to move Baby Leafs back to Toronto. oh man. I miss it alot.
Yeah, relocated to save money...they choose money over diehard fans like happened to Winnipeg and Quebec. It sucks nowdays.

MaxUFC said:
Yeah, relocated to save money...they choose money over diehard fans like happened to Winnipeg and Quebec. It sucks nowdays.

yeah, I guess they are greedy money for save to pay the players. WHAT AN IDOIT!!!

Gonna root for the Edmonton Oilers to win the Stanley Cup for the first time since 1990.. heheh... wanna see the Oilers beat up the Hurricanes good... hehe...

On the notes of the NHL returning to cities like Hartford, Winnipeg, and Quebec... that would be nice if we would see the Whalers and Jets and Nordiques return for good.. but we have to wait and see as ya know the salary cap gonna raise to say $44 million for next season.. so the revenues has to be higher than the expenses for that salary cap to increase....

I would love to see Winnipeg back in the NHL.. as we do have the new MTS Centre all there... but the question is can Winnipeg support the NHL if there is a franchise on the move there?? Maybe so..but have to wait and see.... and the Jets can come back.. but I dont think we will see the Jets name resurface..maybe will see the Manitoba Moose jump from the AHL to the NHL as well??

Quebec could be great as well and revive the famous Montreal-Quebec feud eh?? That would be really exciting to see.... and Hartford could be in the mix if there is reports of a new arena to be built as was mentioned in other forum but not sure if it would happen....

Time will tell if we are to see Winnipeg and Quebec and Hartford back in the NHL... and as for Kansas City, Houston, Seattle and etc.. .might be wonderful to see that... but the Pittsburgh Penguins could be wooed to move to either Kansas City or Houston rather than Winnipeg? Maybe so... but the Penguins were trying to see if they could move to WInnipeg a few years ago... that could restart again soon if it happens....

DAMN, Carolina won last night. They are leads 1-0 best of seven Stanley Cup Finals.

:madfawk: Carolina :rl:

dang it! i am far behind news! i dont have nhl cable to watch! :pissed:

Please please update with me! :D Im hockey lovers! :naughty:

coloravalanche said:
dang it! i am far behind news! i dont have nhl cable to watch! :pissed:

Please please update with me! :D Im hockey lovers! :naughty:

no problem, Edmonton's screw up already because they lost Rolson due his injury in Game 1.

GoldenLeaf74 said:
no problem, Edmonton's screw up already because they lost Rolson due his injury in Game 1.

So, they played last night then again tonight? same teams?

Who won last night? thanks! i gotta go now watch movie..:)

GoldenLeaf74 said:

Yeah saw one of my friend on my msn list and he got really pissed off cause Rolson got injury in game one :)

Oilers got bad luck with Rolson's injury. Must do something with Oiler's curse?! Going to be looonggs day for Oilers and they have their chance in Edmonton. Carolina's best offense vs Oilers's weak back up goalie...seem like Oilers will bottle Carolina's offense up as stay defense zone all the night until get overtime to nab Canes' one bad pass.

Yeah, I got cable but no digital cable for Outlook Channel...live without its until the TV contact's expire date. Wish it go back to ESPN as fun to listen Barry Melrose (to Canada's CBC - Don Cherry).

I can only hope Edmonton can bounce back..but I am afraid Carolina is locked on ending the series faster, say a 4 game sweep or 5 game win... I hope not as I do wanna see the Oilers win their 6th Stanley Cup.... if not, there's always next year to try again!

Back