For all the hearing parents....

God's just testing if hearing parents really love deaf children?

• Yes

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters
Boult, i think that you still do not understand
what i was trying to explain that i started to
wear hearing aids at age 2 1/2 my speech teacher
made every efforts for me to adapt or recognize
or whatever for many MANY years !!!

I gave up when I was a teenager. I had plenty of
time many years to adapt or learn any sounds
but this actually never worked for me at all.

I have NO interest to hear any kind of sounds
and I also have NO interest to tune out
any kind of sounds neither.

Cloggy said:
When Lotte got CI, we were warned that she would not react. The only reaction we noticed was a reflex - blinking - because the brain cannot ignore it.
But for the rest, there was very little response. The brain would get soo much input, that it ignored all.
I compared it with walking from a quit area suddenly in a loud noisy factury. The sounds wouild be overwhelming, so the brain shuts them out, and after 5 minutes you don't notice it any more.
Same with Lotte. In the beginning she reacted to very few sounds, so we played intensly with her. Showing things when they make sounds. When she heared something, we made sure she would understand where it came from. She had to learn it all.

It was - is - a great journey..
Same thing with my daughter Cloggy, in the beginning no response but now i try to take it off her when i get her ready for bed but she won't let me take it off her. I have to wait until she falls asleep.

Y said:
Why did our Lord create your Deaf daughter
in the first place ? Answer: Accept our Lord's
decision no matter whether you like it or not
because He has these plans and purposes
for your daughter.
That's not the answer to the question you just wrote....

God/Jesus would NEVER force a deaf person
to hear only because God/Jesus loves
a deaf person more than anyone else
even more than a deaf person's parent.
God loved a deaf person more than anyone else..... why??? So he loves you - a deaf person - more than mother theresa..... WOW....

I believe there is somewhere in the
Bible about these devices I will try to look for them
and CI reminds me of something abnormal
almost same as futuristic beast 666 chip into
your body... anything that is NOT from the Lord
is truly evil
Make sure you inform us........

To remind everyone that 666 beast chip
will be forced into everyone's body in the
future almost same as CI.

How do you like this if your own mother/father
want to install the 666 beat chip into
your front forehead ?
Did you think of that yourself? Where do you get that kind of idea's??
:Ohno:

Y said:
Boult, i think that you still do not understand
what i was trying to explain that i started to
wear hearing aids at age 2 1/2 my speech teacher
made every efforts for me to adapt or recognize
or whatever for many MANY years !!!

I gave up when I was a teenager. I had plenty of
time many years to adapt or learn any sounds
but this actually never worked for me at all.

I have NO interest to hear any kind of sounds
and I also have NO interest to tune out
any kind of sounds neither.
I was responding to your first part of question not the 2nd part. and no I did not misunderstood you.

Umm...Don't you think this thread should be more conformable in the Christianity, Religion, Spiritual & Other Beliefs sub-forum? As I remember Alex stated that he wants only God's threads being created in the Christianity, Religion forum only.

I cannot answer this thread because of one reason only is that I'm not a hearing parent. :whistle:

Cheri said:
Umm...Don't you think this thread should be more conformable in the Christianity, Religion, Spiritual & Other Beliefs sub-forum? As I remember Alex stated that he wants only God's threads being created in the Christianity, Religion forum only.

I cannot answer this thread because of one reason only is that I'm not a hearing parent. :whistle:
That doesn't mean you cannot give your opinion.

Regarding the Christianity section.. I see it as a topic how some people look at deafness and judge people by that.
I feel it's more about deafness and what people do or don't do about it than religion.

And again, your fellings and thought are welcome. Very welcome.

I believe that the parents should leave their children ALONE if, they are deaf by birth or caused by illness. Bein' deaf is a test to see, if hearin' people truly love them by acceptin' them or not. I believe in " nature " by lettin' the deaf children to chose what they want when they get older. That's like when someone ask a deaf child what he/she would like to be when she/he grows up and he/she will think for themselves what he/she likes to be. The deaf child/children follow ( s ) their heart, not the parents' hearts. Follow deaf child's compatible what he/she sees fit like glidin' a glove or shoe to make themselves comfortable. Why controllin' a deaf child's dream when THAT dream don't belong to parents' ? The parents' only responsibility is to give the deaf child/children their love, support, and help when a deaf child/ children ask for their parents' opinions, point of views, and experiences to help the deaf child/children to think things generally. Communication is the key !

Same idea with a doctor who will give the parents 3 different choices : abortion, adoption or keep the child. It's between the parents - mother and father. So, it goes the same for the deaf child, the parents should give the deaf child many choices she/he can choses from... how ? Let the parents introduce them to some places and show them what the choices are. The parents are responsibility to educate their deaf child/or deaf children what life is all about and what they have out there in the world that they can offer.

Don't push or force a deaf child to become hearin' by usin' CI implant. HA is fine, because it don't use a knife by surgery to harm a deaf child's dream. You NEVER know what his/her dream may be when she/he gets older. Don't ruin it.

In my own view when a parent wants his/her deaf child to become a hearin' by usin' CI implant -- meanin' that a parent is bein' selfish for thinkin' for themselves, just because they don't want to learn somethin' new in a deaf child's world. Bein' deaf is very challengin' for the hearin' parents. If, the parents decide to learn sign language in order to communicate with the deaf child, it will flourish their love in deaf child where a deaf child can see himself/herself in their parents' world. I don't want to see a deaf child's thinkin' that he/she have to do THIS and THAT for the sake of their hearin' parents. CI implant is good for when a deaf child gets older and make a decision if, she/he wants it.

I agree with CyberRed 100 percent and she is very correct. Thank you for saying it aloud. ;)

While Audism people lied about devices from the holy bible. YOu cannot fool me that easily and you are not A GOD. PERIOD

Umm, I finally sat down after run so much errands and break time between free little time to post some posts other threads..

but this one got my attention.. I had to re-read this thread 3 times.. got me alot of thoughts.. So, I had to print this thread, went outside for cig.. had my 2nd one.. then 3rd one, I didnt realized that I smoke so many in less 10 min.. I think this really hurt and brought my flash back... I looked back and wonder..

does my mom really love me?

I couldnt find anything.. if she does or not..

After all she put hell through my childhood and teen life... Does she know that how much abuse she did... mentally and physically.. Even, couple years ago.. I asked her to come with me to seek counseling.. she denied what she did...

It's like she telling me that I am imaginating it or making up..

:dunno: so ...

It might give you thoughts or idea that your child will be like that, take away their dreams. or refulliness their dreams.. so I must say.. It's hard to say..

cuz ... CI didnt happened to me but she determinated find a cure and attempted CI.... just like.. blind-- some cure or no cure.. down sydrome-- no cure.. parlagetic- no cure but maybe some cured... there are alot of dieases are not cure...

some of you talk about deaf cure.. well
IMO
CI - man-made
Jesus healing - God's created..

I am open christain, I am not against anything but man-made, its different.. :dunno:

Sorry to hear aboiut these bad experiences.
DoofusMama said:
IMO
CI - man-made
Jesus healing - God's created..

I am open christain, I am not against anything but man-made, its different.. :dunno:
So, with your body being given by God and being the temple in which Gods spirit rests,

you take those man-made devices and used them for your satisfaction and to calm yourself down,

thereby damaging Gods temple and damaging the bodies of your children exposed to the pollution of those man-made devices.

Or, is smoking OK in Gods eyes?

IMO
Sigarets - man-made, destroying God's temple

Cloggy said:
Sorry to hear aboiut these bad experiences.

So, with your body being given by God and being the temple in which Gods spirit rests,

you take those man-made devices and used them for your satisfaction and to calm yourself down,

thereby damaging Gods temple and damaging the bodies of your children exposed to the pollution of those man-made devices.

Or, is smoking OK in Gods eyes?

IMO
Sigarets - man-made, destroying God's temple

Well, you got the point.. it's hard habits to break..

but still yet.. tobacco is God made...

but other thing.. you said.. man-made.. destorying God's temple..
same with many things (i.e= man made lake, cloned, & many more) .. and
CI is device too..

:dunno:

Does pacemakers for hearts destroy our temples? What about artery coils? Shunts? Metal plates, rods, screws and other stuff are inside people because it helps them.

Same idea ;)

Fragmenter said:
Does pacemakers for hearts destroy our temples? What about artery coils? Shunts? Metal plates, rods, screws and other stuff are inside people because it helps them.

Same idea ;)

yeah same idea.. :dunno:

whats more God gave us brain to think, invented, creatives and many more..
so.. God gave someone invented to make tobacco into cigarettes
and .. He gave someone invented techology to use for our health reasons..

so.. *sigh*..

hehe.. whatever...
Just be grateful that we all are still alive on this crazy earth..

Ok you asked for it. Here is my opinion. I am agnostic so I'm not sure if God exists or not. But I am highly offended that anyone would think that God, Mother Nature, or anyone or anything else would ever need to question my love for any of my children. I would jump in front of a speeding train for any of my children as would any good mother. My oldest is learning disabled so wouldn't I have already been tested the first time? My next one is deaf. My third one appears to be "normal". They are all wonderful and I love them all the same. I love the differences in each of their personalities. None of them is better or worse than the others because of their physical differences. If there is a hell ANYONE who questions my love of my children can go there. Enough said.

DoofusMama said:
does my mom really love me?

I couldnt find anything.. if she does or not..

After all she put hell through my childhood and teen life... Does she know that how much abuse she did... mentally and physically.. Even, couple years ago.. I asked her to come with me to seek counseling.. she denied what she did...

It's like she telling me that I am imaginating it or making up..

Just wanted to say how sorry I am that you had to go through this. It sounds like she doesn't admit that she has been an awful parent full stop.

I'm not sure what it has to do with devices but I can assure you that the vast majority of parents who choose to proceed with some sort of device for their children are not as abusive and non accepting as your mother was.

I do understand though where you are coming from. It goes to show that the way we were brought up influences our adult viewpoints heavily doesn't it?

I love your avatar - you can really see the bond between you and your child! :)

I should ad to my comments that I am not mad at cloggy. I believe she was just wanting opinions on what was said. I have nothing against you Cloggy unless you question my love of my kids.

zookeeper4321 said:
I should ad to my comments that I am not mad at cloggy. I believe she was just wanting opinions on what was said. I have nothing against you Cloggy unless you question my love of my kids.
As you might have noticed, that was the remark that pissed me off. That's why I started a new topic with it, because this kind of thinking is too sad for words.
Thanks for your concern..

Who said " God's just testing if hearing parents really love deaf children? "

Boult said:
I voted no but of course I am not hearing. My parent knows I was not created that way by God because I asked them why I am deaf. My dad who's a episcopal priest and my late mother who's very religious answered me. You became deaf because of german measles called "Rubella" that mother got during third trimester"

They didn't know right away that I am deaf but they are aware that I may have problems due to Rubella so later on my mother had me diagnosed and found out that I have hearing loss.

There are some hearing people becoming deaf due to loud noise then would you tell them, hey you are deaf because god made you without knowing what happened to them. they will look at you puzzled... "eh?"

There are various reason for deafness. WE must leave GOD out of it as it has no reasonable evidence to show that God or Jesus did them on purpose.

100% second that! :D

Back