For all the hearing parents....

God's just testing if hearing parents really love deaf children?

• Yes

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters
hi cloggy -- i don't understand why anyone would state it that way... well, i'm curious to see what the other parents would have to say

Another warning for hearing parents:
Y said:
God/Jesus would NEVER force a deaf person
to hear only because God/Jesus loves
a deaf person more than anyone else
even more than a deaf person's parent.

To remind everyone that 666 beast chip
will be forced into everyone's body in the
future almost same as CI.
How do you like this ?

Let me add my previous comment here:

Why did our Lord create your Deaf daughter
in the first place ? Answer: Accept our Lord's
decision no matter whether you like it or not
because He has these plans and purposes
for your daughter.

He already created your daughter being Deaf.
It sound like that you as the parent do NOT accept
that our Lord made your daughter Deaf.
Anyone who does NOT accept our Lord's creation
would be an insult to the Lord...

Y said:
Let me add my previous comment here:

for your daughter.

How do you feel about deaf people being healed by Jesus in the Bible then? Does the fact that he healed them means that he doesn't accept them?

Mark 7:32 And they bring unto him one that was deaf, and had an impediment in his speech; and they beseech him to put his hand upon him.
Mar 7:33 And he took him aside from the multitude, and put his fingers into his ears, and he spit, and touched his tongue;
Mar 7:34 And looking up to heaven, he sighed, and saith unto him, Ephphatha, that is, Be opened.
Mar 7:35 And straightway his ears were opened, and the string of his tongue was loosed, and he spake plain.

R2D2 said:
How do you feel about deaf people being healed by Jesus in the Bible then? Does the fact that he healed them means that he doesn't accept them?

Some deaf people do NOT want to hear anything at all.
Hearing any kind of sounds is very annoying to me.

I happen to be one of these Deaf people
who do NOT want to hear. I love being Deaf.
I accept what God made me as a deaf person.

If a Deaf person approached Jesus for healing, that
means this Deaf person want to hear. But, not me
because I happen to be one of these Deaf people
who do NOT want to hear anything.

Healing from Jesus is NOT same thing as CI ....

for your daughter.

God/Jesus would NEVER force a deaf person
to hear only because God/Jesus loves
a deaf person more than anyone else
even more than a deaf person's parent.

I believe there is somewhere in the
Bible about these devices I will try to look for them
and CI reminds me of something abnormal
almost same as futuristic beast 666 chip into
your body... anything that is NOT from the Lord
is truly evil

To remind everyone that 666 beast chip
will be forced into everyone's body in the
future almost same as CI.

How do you like this if your own mother/father
want to install the 666 beat chip into
your front forehead ?

I don't have a deaf daughter - I'm the deaf one! My daughter is hearing.

Seriously though I accept what you are saying for yourself. However I just happen to feel differently. I am also a Christian and I just felt that what you were saying about God and Jesus wasn't what I had read in the Bible. I feel that Jesus and God would not look down on you for wanting to make use of devices to make your life easier and increase opportunities. Making use of devices is not equivilent to not being accepted as far as I am concerned.

I don't believe that most hearing parents have a problem with accepting their deaf children any more than Jesus healing deaf people does. I think that they just simply want to increase their opportunities in life. I know because I have a hearing mother that worked very hard when I was young to ensure I benefited from a hearing aid as she felt that it would increase my choices in life. Although I rejected my hearing aid when it was first fitted mum persisted and I came to love it. I do not look back and feel that it was forced on me. Shame is the last thing my mother feels about me - she is very proud of her deaf family :)

I do understand your viewpoint but I am getting quite concerned at the characterisation of hearing parents that I am seeing on this forum. A picture is being painted of children being forced (picture being dragged kicking and screaming to the surgery room and held down with chains) to have a CI against their will and of all those parents only getting a CI because they feel "ashamed" of their deaf children. I know this is an emotive and powerful image that stirs up strong feelings but it's not quite accurate for most cases and it just alienates. Research does not back up those characterisations.

Peace.

I don't believe in God, so I have no opinion on how scripture interprets deafness.

neecy said:
I don't believe in God, so I have no opinion on how scripture interprets deafness.
Same here...
But people judge me, my daughter and you based on this type of thinking.

You are still affected.

Cloggy said:
Any comments?

Question for you : Why would hearin' parents change a deaf child to be a hearin' child like themselves ?
Why would the hearin' parents take a deaf child's dream ? Do you expect a deaf child to follow the hearin' parents' dream ?

Same here... But people judge me, my daughter and you based on this type of thinking. You are still affected.

To hell with them. It's a religious belief and you just have to firmly remind them that America is ALL about FREEDOM OF RELIGION and that does NOT mean those Xians are entitled to deny your freedom because of their religious beliefs.

Many gay Christians sincerely believe that God made them gay. It's the same thing. I think it's just as silly as those Christians saying with being deaf.

CyberRed said:
Question for you : Why would hearin' parents change a deaf child to be a hearin' child like themselves ?
Why would the hearin' parents take a deaf child's dream ? Do you expect a deaf child to follow the hearin' parents' dream ?

The dream of a 1-year old..... And you know that dream.....

Go on, you've got my attention

CyberRed said:

Just what IS a "deaf child's dream", pray tell?

I voted no but of course I am not hearing. My parent knows I was not created that way by God because I asked them why I am deaf. My dad who's a episcopal priest and my late mother who's very religious answered me. You became deaf because of german measles called "Rubella" that mother got during third trimester"

They didn't know right away that I am deaf but they are aware that I may have problems due to Rubella so later on my mother had me diagnosed and found out that I have hearing loss.

There are some hearing people becoming deaf due to loud noise then would you tell them, hey you are deaf because god made you without knowing what happened to them. they will look at you puzzled... "eh?"

There are various reason for deafness. WE must leave GOD out of it as it has no reasonable evidence to show that God or Jesus did them on purpose.

Well I'm religious and I don't believe that God sets out to deliberately create deaf people, as people have said causes can be traced back to medical factors in most cases.

However I do see what some posters in here are saying although I don't agree with their conclusions regarding devices. I think that deafness is a characteristic that can result in a lot of positives. I feel that I am a much more patient and understanding person for being deaf. I'm not sure if I would have been a better person if I had been born hearing. I think I would be quite different - nothing like I am now!

I also think that having a world that is completely free from acceptance of difficulties (whether health, social etc) means that people do not learn how to cope when something does go wrong. I believe that we are increasingly living in a world that is focussed on end outcomes - the idea of making something happen. Consequently when it doesn't - how do we manage? I feel that reason there is so much depression in our age is because people are increasingly focussed on having a perfect life and think that something is terribly wrong when it doesn't happen.

However I disagree with them that having a device is equivilent to not accepting one's deafness. I see the device as being realistic and accepting where we are limited and making the most of the opportunities that we have in the world. In a way, devices for me is acceptance of my deafness.

Sorry for the long and probably incomprehensible ramblings!

R2D2 said:
Well I'm religious and I don't believe that God sets out to deliberately create deaf people, as people have said causes can be traced back to medical factors in most cases.

However I do see what some posters in here are saying although I don't agree with their conclusions regarding devices. I think that deafness is a characteristic that can result in a lot of positives. I feel that I am a much more patient and understanding person for being deaf. I'm not sure if I would have been a better person if I had been born hearing. I think I would be quite different - nothing like I am now!

I also think that having a world that is completely free from acceptance of difficulties (whether health, social etc) means that people do not learn how to cope when something does go wrong. I believe that we are increasingly living in a world that is focussed on end outcomes - the idea of making something happen. Consequently when it doesn't - how do we manage? I feel that reason there is so much depression in our age is because people are increasingly focussed on having a perfect life and think that something is terribly wrong when it doesn't happen.

However I disagree with them that having a device is equivilent to not accepting one's deafness. I see the device as being realistic and accepting where we are limited and making the most of the opportunities that we have in the world. In a way, devices for me is acceptance of my deafness.

Well said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frankly, it has nothing to do with God. Everyone is disabled in her/his own way whether it is deaf, blind, or even being ignorant is being disabled in its own way.

I am tired of seeing people throwing in God in this conversation - the 666 mark was UNCALLED for.

Wish I could have expressed it so well... Thanks.

excellent.gif

R2D2 said:

I do appreciate all feedbacks especially
R2D2's comment (No need to apologize at all
even if it is long sometimes all of us need to
read and think thoroughly)

I never see this cool gif from Cloggy here I LOVE this gif :)
excellent.gif

I still can NOT understand
why would a Deaf person want to hear
these sounds anyway. I mean any kind of
sounds are too distracting for me.
Does this make any sense to you ?

I grew up & attended an oral school for the deaf and
my speech teachers made every effort trying
a few hearing aids on me since I was 2 1/2
However I did not have any
capabilities to recognize and/or separate
every sounds. I was never that interested
in these hearing aids or any other devices.

Even though all of my school life my school
headmaster usually took me along with him
traveling to attend many civic clubs luncheon receptions,
Perhaps thats why I usually prefer to do all the
talking to an audience rather than
listening any kind of sounds :)
These philathropists actually love and
enjoy my spur-of-the-moment show which
helped to raise more funds for the school.

I will go insane if I can hear these
distracting/disturbing sounds :)

Thank you for sharing feedback anyway...

Have a Good evening!

Last edited:
Y said:
I do appreciate all feedbacks especially
R2D2's comment (No need to apologize at all
even if it is long sometimes all of us need to
read and think thoroughly)

I never see this cool gif from Cloggy here I LOVE this gif :)
excellent.gif

I still can NOT understand
why would a Deaf person want to hear
these sounds anyway. I mean any kind of
sounds are too distracting for me.
Does this make any sense to you ?

I grew up & attended an oral school for the deaf and
my speech teachers made every effort trying
a few hearing aids on me since I was 2 1/2
However I did not have any
capabilities to recognize and/or separate
every sounds. I was never that interested
in these hearing aids or any other devices.

Even though all of my school life my school
headmaster usually took me along with him
traveling to attend many civic clubs luncheon receptions,
Perhaps thats why I usually prefer to do all the
talking to an audience rather than
listening any kind of sounds :)
These philathropists actually love and
enjoy my spur-of-the-moment show which
helped to raise more funds for the school.

I will go insane if I can hear these
distracting/disturbing sounds :)

Thank you for sharing feedback anyway...

Have a Good evening!
we, humans, are capable of learning to tune out distracting sounds.

There's one story about a new CI users that worked in office with all the noise that he hasn't heard before. after he got CI, he asked all the workers, "how can you stand those sounds in here?" they say "what sounds?" he said "computers, fridge in break room, fluorescent tubes, air conditioning, voices, phones etc" they said "oh didn't think about them" he said "you mean you tuned them out till it become weird?" they said "yeah"

I have CI and I learned to tune out the fridge sounds and my computers' fans eh..

Have you asked hearing people about that? I think when you first time put on hearing aid, you felt distracted but didn't give time to acclimate the sounds and adapt. that's what I did while growing up from 18mos to now with all different hearing aids from body worn to BTE now CI. with CI I hear new things that I haven't heard and acclimate and learn to tune out unnecessary sounds like the sound from fridge.

Boult said:
.............. I think when you first time put on hearing aid, you felt distracted but didn't give time to acclimate the sounds and adapt. that's what I did while growing up from 18mos to now with all different hearing aids from body worn to BTE now CI. with CI I hear new things that I haven't heard and acclimate and learn to tune out unnecessary sounds like the sound from fridge.
When Lotte got CI, we were warned that she would not react. The only reaction we noticed was a reflex - blinking - because the brain cannot ignore it.
But for the rest, there was very little response. The brain would get soo much input, that it ignored all.
I compared it with walking from a quit area suddenly in a loud noisy factury. The sounds wouild be overwhelming, so the brain shuts them out, and after 5 minutes you don't notice it any more.
Same with Lotte. In the beginning she reacted to very few sounds, so we played intensly with her. Showing things when they make sounds. When she heared something, we made sure she would understand where it came from. She had to learn it all.

It was - is - a great journey..

Back