Food Photos of the 2008 Olympics (Warning - Not for the sensitive stomaches)

Jolie77

Premium Member
Reaction score
There are photos of foods that are being sold at China for the Olympics. Now, This is not my intention to offend any animal lovers (especially dog lovers) for what the photos shows. There are some foods that are disgusting but that's how it is over there in China.

I apologize in advance if any of you felt these photos were offensive to look at.

olympicfood.jpg

olympicfood1.jpg

olympicfood2.jpg

olympicfood3.jpg

olympicfood4.jpg

olympicfood5.jpg

olympicfood6.jpg

olympicfood7.jpg

olympicfood8.jpg

olympicfood9.jpg

olympicfood10.jpg

olympicfood11.jpg

olympicfood12.jpg

olympicfood13.jpg

olympicfood14.jpg

Eek!!!.. Corn with Gingar Sauce that I do mind taste it :giggle:

Im extremely upset about seahorses - they are my favorite animal and it pisses me off royally to see them being killed and eaten.

what about other country? my hearie friend says not only in China, other country too like Mexico, they eat menudo soup that's intestine from cow and Italian, some of them eat tongue from cow. That pic you showing is gross to me, I wouldn't eat that. You never know what they eat in different countries.

No necessary to upset on other country. It's their taste, their way, their poop to waste.

Theory, China find a way for low- to middle-income able to afford meal by use cheap animal instead regular. *shurg*

It look yummy to me anyway.

No necessary to upset on other country. It's their taste, their way, their poop to waste.

Theory, China find a way for low- to middle-income able to afford meal by use cheap animal instead regular. *shurg*

It look yummy to me anyway.

Cheap? Regular? Clarify this please....seahorses are not cheap - rather they are extinct.

Hmm... I wouldn't mind trying some of that. :)

Ever eat... Alligators? Frogs? Deer?

I have! :)

I wouldn't eat those kind of foods that shown on the photos.

Vampy,

I have ate a buffalo meat years ago in Canada. :)

I think I've tried alligator before. It just tasted like meat.

those crickets and lizards. Yummy crunchy snacks!

I can't believe they would eat horse meat. That's like illegal in the US right. With all the variety I'm surprised they don't have dog.

This is China's culture. I already saw many different bizarre food on tv. I know that China is eating a cat, dog and anything. I don't like it. I am glad that in USA is illegal to eat a dogs, cats, and horses. I hate to see Chinese people to eat a dog. It made me piss off. I am dog lover!

I ate a frog legs, alligator jerky, deer, lamb, baby squid, octopus and other. I don't want to eat a seahorse and starfish. Because it's my favorite ocean stuff. I refuse to eat it. I can eat fish, crab, lobster, clam and shrimps.

:(

Not upset at the Chinese cuz that's their culture and I cant impose my cultural values on them.

Wow, some weird food! I never seen some of them before....fried starfish, hmmm interesting. I had some ostrich meat in deli style sandwich over a week ago it's pretty good! I was disgusted the fact they eat dog and horse and some others.....but that's their culture, I guess.

I think I've tried alligator before. It just tasted like meat.

those crickets and lizards. Yummy crunchy snacks!

I can't believe they would eat horse meat. That's like illegal in the US right. With all the variety I'm surprised they don't have dog.
Yeah, alligator tastes like chicken. :)

I went to a restaurant with my family years ago when I was a kid. My dad asked me if I wanted to try some alligator meat. I told him, "No way!" He then asked me if I wanted chicken nuggets. "Oh yeah! My favorite!"

After I finished eating my chicken nuggets, my dad told me... "Those were really alligator nuggets." I didn't believe him at first until he showed me the menu. There were no chicken nuggets. :eek:

Cheap? Regular? Clarify this please....seahorses are not cheap - rather they are extinct.

Okay, never mind. I found out that seahorse is Chinese herbology. They have done for thousand years. What can we do? :aw:

Do you want hug?

Wow, some weird food! I never seen some of them before....fried starfish, hmmm interesting. I had some ostrich meat in deli style sandwich over a week ago it's pretty good! I was disgusted the fact they eat dog and horse and some others.....but that's their culture, I guess.

ostrich meat? :eek3: oh my. interesting, :hmm: what does it taste like? I won't eat ostrich meat anyway. no offensive ;). individual people wants to eat or not.

Back