flipside Q about the CI!

no worries. at first i said that to my audiologist too. said they drilled a hole to put the implant in so it would be flush she quickly corrected me on that. said no its not a hole to put it in its called a well! she also corrected how i say "cochlear" too. before i heard her say it i thought it sounded like ummmm slang for part of a mans anatomy and lear. boy was i embarased!

yes, i've heard of other ci users who have made the same mistake (i.e. misporonouncing the word "cochlear.") i've grown up with hearing and have heard the word before, so i never made that mistake, but i can understand others who have.

live and learn i guess. im sure ill never make that same mistake again! and i grew up hearing too just not normal hearing. but ive never heard someone say cochlear untill she told me how to say it right.

live and learn i guess. im sure ill never make that same mistake again! and i grew up hearing too just not normal hearing. but ive never heard someone say cochlear untill she told me how to say it right.

i've been going to ENTs my entire life, so i've heard them say the word cochlear a number of times.

Hear Again I just wanted to say thanks. that thread you made back in October about pre/post CI surgery tips is extremly helpful and pretty much answers everything i was wondering. only wish i had knew it was there to read earlier! lol

Hear Again I just wanted to say thanks. that thread you made back in October about pre/post CI surgery tips is extremly helpful and pretty much answers everything i was wondering. only wish i had knew it was there to read earlier! lol

LOL! no problem! :cool2:

that's just the "candy", the cost is in those tiny electrodes and the chip(s) in the processor...the hi tech stuff. Oh...and the inflation of the actual cost. really high markup on CI's

Hearing aids have very high markups too . Hence is why the "trade in" value of a hearing is next to nothing. It is sad how much money the industry make off folks with a hearing loss esp audiologists. Shame on them.

Back