flea problem, need help

How about throw your cats in the dryer? Hee hee. My bad. Just teasting.
Actually, most cats get fleas. I notice that dogs do not get the fleas unless the cats live with the dogs. It's unbelievable!

That's the fact! My best friend took her dog to vet cuz she got fleas. And she asked the vet how? She aksed her if she got a cat. She said yes. Her cat escpaed twice and got fleas and fleas jumped onto the dog.

It is BEST to call vet to get a better suggestion.

How about throw your cats in the dryer? Hee hee. My bad. Just teasting.
Actually, most cats get fleas. I notice that dogs do not get the fleas unless the cats live with the dogs. It's unbelievable!

Okay cool , Thank you SpiceHD and glad to see everything has been resolved and Lucia, please go easy on me. :D

SpiceHD just told me I could tell you this: Fuck you. :fu2:

Only can she tell me whether to go easy on you or others and only can I tell her whether to go easy on you or others. :D

PM her if you don't believe me.

There is no need to, I just helped her and you then this is the thanks I get ???? as well as another people see what you and SpiceHD are about. That really was not right and un-called for.

yes.. Advantage helps my cats quickly... and fleas stop biting me.. it never bite my roomie... grrrr i am allergic to fleas... fleas love my sweet blood...
Yes, we used that for our cats, and it was wonderful!

You obviously know NOTHING about our friendship. You have no idea what the both of us have gone through, you know nothing!

I heard this waah waah wahh before!

Heres a pacifier.

pacifier_blinking.gif

Ohhh.. if you are living in Apartment..

you can kindly ask Landlord to see if you could use flea powder or spray for the carpet..

nothing hurt to ask.. :)

*off-topic*

Actually, there are several medications out there that I'm aware of that will help make a pet sleepy, their uses is for a variety of reasons. For instance, someone I knew had a dog that was very frightful of thunderstorms, giving such meds greatly helped calmed the dog through the storm. That is something that can be checked with a vet and being able to explain the need for it as well. ;)

I was like :confused: after read Heath´s post and want to visit German website to find out until I read your post here... wow interesting... I never heard that the med.(s) help to make pet sleepy when you bath them...

My 20 years old Sussi like bath because she get use it... Kim... Ohhhhh Noooooooo... :Ohno: She was like "electrical shock" when she touch water... Her boby and ear show how angry she is and also show FULL of nails and her angry teeth... like black panther... :Ohno: Make them sleep... interesting... I am going to find out at German website... Thank you for let me know...

I appreciate very much what you posted here, SpiceHD... :thumb:

I don´t like anyone who label others as stupid when they tried to help SpiceHD with their different advices/suggestion. Remember everyone have different advices/suggestion to give SpiceHD... It´s SpiceHD´s decision and can try anything from members´s advices. I thought it´s nice of members to give SpiceHD many different advices which it´s interesting... because I didn´t know about make pets sleeply... gum, etc...

Most veterinary doctor won't tell you this... but the cheapers way is to use garlic pills for cats and dogs... since fleas hates the garlic, and good for pet's health too.

Most veterinary doctor won't tell you this... but the cheapers way is to use garlic pills for cats and dogs... since fleas hates the garlic, and good for pet's health too.

Yes, that´s what I said in my first post to chop a piece of fresh garlic finely and mixed them in cat foods once a week. I noticed some of posts mentioned about garlic powder or pills... interesting... I haven´t try it... I use a piece of fresh finely chopped garlic all the time. Powder or pill mmmhhh I will try it and see if it work on my cats.

Hey go easy on heath... I actually tried his advice and he is trying to help which is something I do appeciate. He at least understand that I don't have money till sept heh. Gums one I haven't tried though cuz its too messy but instead I used tape and it DOES work so thank u heath for the idea.

Interesting about tape... I accept anyone´s suggestion and try some of their suggestino.

And I also used everyone s advice including water in bowl and liebling's and I certainly found 5 fleas in water bowl near couch. I just wonder if they are attracted to honey so I set one just to see. Nothing yet though. I cannot buy flea comb but luckily next door had one and she also gave me flea powder but that makes me nervous cuz of so many warnings on it. It said to put on animal s body and rubs it in but do not allow the powder to get in ears, eyes, or MOUTH.... Cats licks themselves to groom so I'm nervous abt that.

Good but I would not use powder on pets because it´s scare to think that it might be posion because pets lick themselves to clean... That´s why I never use powder or any medications on my cats... I´m curious either it works on your cat or not...

Thank everyone for ur suggestions too

Welcome! :)

I also gave the cats another bath this time I made them stay under water with just head above water for over 10 min.... Pain in ass lol. It does help reduce fleas but the cats still itches. I hoped its just a bite that been there before I put them in bath not new bite.

I will try garlic powder since it won't hurt cats tonight and see what happens. I also will lock the cats up in a room and use flea powder on couches.

Best of good luck to focus anything to find out either it works or not... Keep update to see how it works on your cats... :thumb:

Btw carpet was brand new and no body used this apt for long time so that means no free flea spray (damnnit) certainly good idea there though

Please no bash on other people for any "stupid" suggestions. I appeciate every idea there is and I will try every single of them within reason that is. I certainly will not shave them lol. And I will not do anything that will hurt my babies.

Tmw ill vacuum everything as much as I can apt is still pretty empty so no problem there hehe its the clothes that is a plm we have to pay for laundry *doh* (we have to leave our perfectly good washer and dryer behind)

Keep them coming guys

Appeciate this!!

Yes, that´s right... Each person have different suggestion which is good and interesting... Some of suggestion here, I didn´t know... I will use some of their suggestion...

Yes, use vacuum everything and wash clothes to rid of fleas...

I don´t have carpet here but laimated floor, marble floor & tiles floor and rugs. I do wash rug with shampoo to clean and make sure there´re no fleas...

All what I want to say is best of good luck... and let us know what happened... :thumb:

Well I didn't use gum cuz its too sticky and will hurt cats more even if its flat however I did use tape instead (paper tape) it certainly did work I parted the fur till skin was visible and flea crawls out ... Tape grabs the flea very easily and it also pull less fur than gum would have. So u see heath had right idea just wrong item to use.
Exactly what my point was. Using gum is not the way to go. At least you were smart enough to realize that and used tape instead. Glad that worked out for you.

Bathe your cats in the original blue Dawn dish soap (be careful not to get it in ther eyes) leave it on for 10 min then rinse it off. also wash sheets and everything. If their are flea eggs you will have to do it again when they hatch. My mom uses this and usually kills all fleas her vet said it's safe. not sure if other dawn dish soap works but the origonal blue does.

Bathe your cats in the original blue Dawn dish soap (be careful not to get it in ther eyes) leave it on for 10 min then rinse it off. also wash sheets and everything. If their are flea eggs you will have to do it again when they hatch. My mom uses this and usually kills all fleas her vet said it's safe. not sure if other dawn dish soap works but the origonal blue does.

I would definitely recommend using Dawn dishsoap, it is very safe but I am not sure it will kill all the fleas though.

Well I dont know how much it is at your vet but I got my cats flea pills for only 5 dollars. Sounds like youd spend more than 5 dollars getting all these supplies have you checked with your vet to see if you could make a payment plan or how much pills are? Cant hurt to just check.

Back