flea problem, need help

It looks like paper towel, right? So we will need just wet paper towel? I think your country word term as kitchen roll to our USA word term as paper towel

Ohhhh paper towel is for USA word ... Interesting... I learn from you... :thumb:

Yes, that´s what I´m talking about.

Yes, we need just wet paper towel... soak paper towel with water in the bowl or tap and then squeeze GENTLE... and make sure there´re not too heavy/much water on the paper towel. Just soak paper towel quickly as you can and squeeze gentle and make sure it´s no water drop...

I use like this to take care of my cats with cat comb... I never go to the Vet to take care of fleas but I do it myself until there´re no fleas... All of my cats don´t have fleas but I still make sure...

Wow lot of suggestions! I really appeciate that!!!!! And I definitely will use all of them till when I'm able to take cats to vet heh.

I have 2 cats one female and one male.

Will vet give me something abt couches and other beddings that might have fleas from cats sleeping on it?

Its hard to be patient when u know how tough it is to get rid of fleas and how fast they like to produce.... Sept certainly seem too long lol.

If u guys came with any more ideas post them I really do appeciate this and cats both said thank u "mew mew"

Wow lot of suggestions! I really appeciate that!!!!! And I definitely will use all of them till when I'm able to take cats to vet heh.

I have 2 cats one female and one male.

Will vet give me something abt couches and other beddings that might have fleas from cats sleeping on it?

Its hard to be patient when u know how tough it is to get rid of fleas and how fast they like to produce.... Sept certainly seem too long lol.

If u guys came with any more ideas post them I really do appeciate this and cats both said thank u "mew mew"

When you get your money in Sept I would suggest you bomb the house. That what I did when I was fostering a mother and her 5 kittens. Boy it was so bad and once they return to the shelter. My exh tried the bomb and it didnt work the first time. I did it myself and it works. :D I guess it is a lady thing. :rofl:

Please do not use any of the Hartz product. As it did effected my cat few years back and it scare the shit out of me. Here is the thread that I made about Hartz.

http://www.alldeaf.com/our-pets/30343-hartz-product.html?highlight=hartz#post567978

Interesting, I never heard about Hartz products... wow... The people from Health Department supposed to shut Hartz company down after see the proofs?

Chew a really big ball of gum and then when you go through the cat's fur, take a small piece of gum then touch the flea just enough to stick the flea on the gum then toss the flea gum in the toilet or in a water bowl. The most important thing is to not let the cat's fur stick to the gum. Spread the cat's fur really flat so you can see the fur and the gum won't really touch the fur, just gets the flea stuck to the gum. It does work. You gotta improvise, adapt and overcome. Hope that helps .....

:confused: Do you mean chewing gum for pets? I never heard about this.

I have paste like this for cats once a day to prevent them from vomit furball.

http://www.aquatop-erleben.de/shop/images/Multi-Vitamin Plus.gif
(I don´t know what brand you have in America). Gimpet is good brand here in Germany.

Yes, you are correct that fleas could be in furballs when the cats lick to clean themselves that´s why we use Multi-Vitamin plus paste for cats once a day. They rid of furball is go to cat litter....

Best is go to vet and get Advantage. Those are best thing and put one tube of it on her/his neck and repeat it again monthly.

The fleas probably came from the carpet of ur new place. Ask the manager if they properly de flea the carpet before they let u move in. Maybe the apt management missed that and could spray your place for free to eliminate fleas.

I tried drowning the fleas idea good one but u gotta be dressed up to handle a small tiger who dont like water. Youll see the claws a lot.

Richard

Call the vet or e-mail the vet on how to put your cat to sleep with medicine then you can give your cat a bath so she is not a little tiger fighter and dry your cat then lay the cat down in a nice and warm spot with blankets wrapped around the cat and let the cat sleep until the cat wakes up then the cat will be very hungry and want to go outside to the bathroom then come back and meow for some cat food :) :thumb:

Ok I have absolutely no money due to the fact that I just moved to new apartment. During the move my cats somehow has gotten fleas. It could be from couches that has been held in a garage for couple days or they could gotten it in very short time when they were outside. It doesn't matter. What matters is poor cats are itching like crazy and I have used flea shampoo but can't afford to get proper tools to help get rid of fleas. I stayed for hours and hours looking for fleas and picking them out by hand which is pretty tricky especially when cats didn't like it. Worse yet one of my cat is completely black and only way to find fleas is when he's wet. *sigh* Is there anything I can do to help cats? I feel so bad watching the cats itch themselves. Is there any home remedy I can use? Remember I can't go buy anything till I get sept SSI and sept is long time away.

Can u guys help me out here?

Sorry... only way to get rid of fleas is getting flea medicines once a month from vet... it works quickly... i have two cats... fleas bites me and both cats went crazy scratching and all furs falling off... i got medicine from vet... it helps quickly and fleas stop biting me... and both cats feel so relieved... less hair fall off,,,
SxyPorkie

Best is go to vet and get Advantage. Those are best thing and put one tube of it on her/his neck and repeat it again monthly.

yes.. Advantage helps my cats quickly... and fleas stop biting me.. it never bite my roomie... grrrr i am allergic to fleas... fleas love my sweet blood...

Call the vet or e-mail the vet on how to put your cat to sleep with medicine then you can give your cat a bath so she is not a little tiger fighter and dry your cat then lay the cat down in a nice and warm spot with blankets wrapped around the cat and let the cat sleep until the cat wakes up then the cat will be very hungry and want to go outside to the bathroom then come back and meow for some cat food :) :thumb:

WRONG ANSWER!!!!

Chew a really big ball of gum and then when you go through the cat's fur, take a small piece of gum then touch the flea just enough to stick the flea on the gum then toss the flea gum in the toilet or in a water bowl. The most important thing is to not let the cat's fur stick to the gum. Spread the cat's fur really flat so you can see the fur and the gum won't really touch the fur, just gets the flea stuck to the gum. It does work. You gotta improvise, adapt and overcome. Hope that helps .....

That is the stupidest idea I have ever heard.

Vacuum all your couches, carpets, beds, all your furniture, and wash your bed sheets, blankets, your and your boyfriend's clothes, curtains, etc. I know it is a pain in the ass but if you want the fleas to be gone for good you will need to do all that.

Heath, you give very crappy advice on everything. Please stop giving out advice.

SpiceHD, I also want to say that Advantage is also another good brand that the vet uses...so Frontline or Advantage will work on your cats. :)

A flea bomb is the last resort. First try this:

A fine flea comb works very well. Then, kill them by your fingers (nails). Or, put them in the cold water - make sure that the fleas are in the water not on the surface. They die in the water for one minute.

Unfortunately, you have to vacuum all rooms everyday for one week (especially rugs and couch). You still have to use the flea comb. Do you let your cats outside?

I wouldn't want to take a cat to a vet. It is too expensive. Garlic powder work for some cats. You could buy one at a food store. Garlic does not kill them, and it makes them to get off the cat's fur.

I recommend you to buy a flea sprayer. The cat hates it, and I had a hard time because I wanted to get over with it. The sprayer contains chemicals which isn't good, but it is better than nothing. The sprayer worked pretty good. Do your best judge to read every different brand of spray bottle for the information and label - to see which one is better for you. It is not easy to pick one. I had dry organic sea powder from the bottom ocean, and it kills the fleas slowly and it works. I don't remember the name of the company.

Actually, I went to two different stores and discovered that the store has a better one and other store does not have that one.

If it is not successful, then use the flea bomb. It is a lot of work for you to clean up your apartment - washing your clothes and blankets, clean the walls, etc. I set the bomb one time, and never do it again because the chemical was everywhere in my house which wasn't healthy to me.

LuciaDisturbed - I tried to use these Frontline or Advantage, and they do not work. I don't know why.

Back