First Personal Computer

Oops! I'm so rattled about my laptop problem that I forgot to attach the picture to my previous post.

Attachments

• macse.jpg
    macse.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 12
Oops! I'm so rattled about my laptop problem that I forgot to attach the picture to my previous post.

Sorry we felt something rattling and it turned out to be you LOL.:rofl: Hope ur lappy is fixed.

Mine was timex sinclair 1000.

SinclairTimex1000.jpg

Richard

I forgot all about that one. I guess that my parent threw it away without telling me. I don't care anymore. I love my Apple computer anyway.
Same here. It was such a hassle and cheesy but at the time it was whoa! The program was on cassette tape, and the monitor (b&w) was the TV. I guess I didn't consider that a "PC", heh, heh. But I felt I had "arrived" when I got one. (Of course, I thought I had arrived when I first got "Pong", too.) :rofl:

Back in the day, Radio Shack was the first "home" for computer people. (Hey, Tandy, no "trash" talkin'!) :lol:

holy shit you make me feel old lmao jking

my first pc when i were 7 or 6 anyway in back 1994 the system was big ass tower could not fit under our table so in side and we use it till 2002 and this pc very old and slowwwwwwwwwwwwww like hell when i first touch new pc and i never use old one becasue it slow now today i own few system that updated xp pro with high ram and ghz and hdd size soo that good olde days lol and this pc we got it sold lol i remmmber everynigth our family fight over computer lmaooo they did set rule for everynigth we have to mow and wash dish and pick up dog poop and stuff that was funny :ty:

My first computer was a Mac when I was 8 years old, in 1988 I think. I had begged and begged and begged my mom and dad for a computer and they got me a Mac. Unfortunately we couldn't keep it for long because my parents had to come up with money for the rent somehow and we had to sell the Mac for rent money. I was SO sad to see it go. I loved the graphic design program that came with the Mac.

A few years later my dad remarried and his wife had a Tandy computer which we used for a while but it wasn't that great, nothing special about it at all.

A while after that, I went into foster care and didn't have a computer for a long time until I was 21 and I went to college. My aunt bought me a used pc, AST, with Windows 95 which wasn't great but at least it had internet and I could write papers on it, which was all that mattered. Then a few months later I ran out of patience with the AST and decided to get a better used computer, a HP Pavilion with Windows 98 which was rather decent. But somehow I fried the CPU and when I took the pc to the repair store they said they couldn't fix it, it was fried, but they gave me a free used computer, a shitty Gateway with only 10 gb hdd and had Windows ME which I HATED HATED HATED but I put up with it because I needed the internet LOL and I put up with it just long enough til I came up with enough money for a brand new computer from Best Buy. I bought E-Machines T2484 with 2.40 ghz Celeron processor, CD-RW, DVD, 256 mb ram, 80 gb HDD. I know E-Machines isn't the best but it had a lot for only $450 and it was all I could afford at the time. I still have the E-Machine but it has a different motherboard now because the one that came with it got fried last year somehow and had to be replaced. When I come up with the money again I will be looking into building my own PC.

My 1st computer was a Commodore 64.

c64system.jpg

I had so much fun with it playing games and messing with BASIC on it. Nowadays I have a Commodore 64 emulator installed in my HP zv5410us laptop I bought 2 years ago.

Now I hear Commodore is coming back this time as an Alienware and Voodoo PC fighter.

Commodore Gaming webshop

Even it comes with a Commodore 64 emulator and games for it installed in the HDD. Only problem is it's only being sold in the UK and Ireland. Hope they bring the new Commodores to the US so I can get my hands on one :) Just make one skinned to look like the old 64 and I'll be happy with it.

My first computer was a Mac when I was 8 years old, in 1988 I think. I had begged and begged and begged my mom and dad for a computer and they got me a Mac. Unfortunately we couldn't keep it for long because my parents had to come up with money for the rent somehow and we had to sell the Mac for rent money. I was SO sad to see it go. I loved the graphic design program that came with the Mac.

A few years later my dad remarried and his wife had a Tandy computer which we used for a while but it wasn't that great, nothing special about it at all.

A while after that, I went into foster care and didn't have a computer for a long time until I was 21 and I went to college. My aunt bought me a used pc, AST, with Windows 95 which wasn't great but at least it had internet and I could write papers on it, which was all that mattered. Then a few months later I ran out of patience with the AST and decided to get a better used computer, a HP Pavilion with Windows 98 which was rather decent. But somehow I fried the CPU and when I took the pc to the repair store they said they couldn't fix it, it was fried, but they gave me a free used computer, a shitty Gateway with only 10 gb hdd and had Windows ME which I HATED HATED HATED but I put up with it because I needed the internet LOL and I put up with it just long enough til I came up with enough money for a brand new computer from Best Buy. I bought E-Machines T2484 with 2.40 ghz Celeron processor, CD-RW, DVD, 256 mb ram, 80 gb HDD. I know E-Machines isn't the best but it had a lot for only $450 and it was all I could afford at the time. I still have the E-Machine but it has a different motherboard now because the one that came with it got fried last year somehow and had to be replaced. When I come up with the money again I will be looking into building my own PC.

You can get new eMachines PC for $350 at Best Buy, also tech spec is much more than your existing PC, RAM is around 512MB, 160GB HDD, Pentium D (or other CPU) and Vista Home Basic, also it's up to you.

My family's first cpu was Mac (cannot remmy which model was), it was gift from my aunt

My family's first PC was NEC

My first own cpu was Compaq laptop

You can get new eMachines PC for $350 at Best Buy, also tech spec is much more than your existing PC, RAM is around 512MB, 160GB HDD, Pentium D (or other CPU) and Vista Home Basic, also it's up to you.

Nah, I don't want another eMachines, I'm gonna build my own pc when I have the money.

My first computer in 1988 was a Atari 1040STF with a 320x240 color monitor. It could do 640x400 resolution but in monochorme. It had 1 MB of RAM with a 8 MHz 68000 processor, it had no hard drive.
Here's a picture of it, no I didn't take that pic. It had a Mac-like GUI desktop. In 1993, I got a Mac IIci (this was my first Mac I've owned)

300px-Atari_1040STf.jpg

YEAH WAY GO ATARI! I do same!
I 1st time computer is Atari 800 48K RAM. :)

Just wondering what kind of first Personal Computer you had.. :D

Mine was:
IBM PCjr
RGB Monitor
Processor: Intel 8088 4.77mhz
Memory: 128KB RAM
Operating System: IBM DOS - 2.10

pcjr06.jpg

I had 2nd PC is 8088, 2Mhz, 64K ram, monochorme video/Monitor, MS DOS 2.02

:)

Back