First Personal Computer

When did you sold it on eBay? Actually, I am surprised about that.

Back in 2001, I offer starting bid for $1 and in 5 days, it was sold for $118 Wow Crap!!
I asked the buyer why he want old Apple so badly. He said he does business with client who have old disk and need to transfer to up to date disk. Make sense wow!!

Hardware.........Xbox? Xbox360? Zune? webcam? keyboard? mouse? Fingerprint Reader? controllers? headsets?

Bill Gate stole Steve Job's idea for GUI then Bill Gates open his business.

Steven Jobs wasn't there while running NeXt computer.

However, Bill Gates tricked and took someone's original DOS into MS-DOS. His business have born.

Anyway...
my very first computer I ever use is Apple IIc

my first own computer for myself - Gateway with 333Mhz Intel Celeron.

Tricked? No, he bought from Atari for $50K

Steven Jobs wasn't there while running NeXt computer.

However, Bill Gates tricked and took someone's original DOS into MS-DOS. His business have born.

Anyway...
my very first computer I ever use is Apple IIc

my first own computer for myself - Gateway with 333Mhz Intel Celeron.

Tricked? No, he bought from Atari for $50K

You don't know the history.

Bill and teams brought for cheap non-royal licence as Jim Kendal thought his original DOS is worthless and didn't except that M$ brought it and made big hit with IBM. Therefore, Bill and team never actual make software from scatch but custom on someone's into their own as it seem.

Gate founded his company in Colorado. A few years later, he abandoned it, and moved to California to start a Microsoft Company. I am wondering why he did it. I saw it on PBS a few years ago. The show on the PBS was kinda of boring for me to watch it because it was 2 or 3 hours. The former company was destroyed such as broken several windows, broken desks, etc. I suspected that Gate was very angry and bad mood blaming to a landlord of the company. Can you explain the story for me if this is true?

Gate founded his company in Colorado. A few years later, he abandoned it, and moved to California to start a Microsoft Company. I am wondering why he did it. I saw it on PBS a few years ago. The show on the PBS was kinda of boring for me to watch it because it was 2 or 3 hours. The former company was destroyed such as broken several windows, broken desks, etc. I suspected that Gate was very angry and bad mood blaming to a landlord of the company. Can you explain the story for me if this is true?

Colorado? Don't they founded in Albuquerque, New Mexico?

Does Mac IIci (You means Apple IIci?) support online feature? like browse on internet.

I believe that first online feature was released on Performa with dial-up built-in, such as AOL and Netscape Navigator but NN isn't release until 1994 then AOL is only one choice until 1994.

Nope, it's actually Macintosh IIci. They're in the Mac II family. No, I didn't use it for internet that time until I got a Mac Quadra 650 with AOL internet. I used the Mac IIci for graphics stuff.

microsoft's timeline from 1975 - 1990

There's the history of Microsoft and it will mention that he was in New Mexico in the timeline. I hate when people argue the facts and they forget to research it via the internet and find the history of Microsoft.

Are you sure that his company was in New Mexico?

Yes, he's right. Yes, that is where the Microsoft has started in New Mexico and here's the picture where Bill Gates got arrested for speeding his Porsche in New Mexico 1977. :D

Bill Gates was arrested at least twice in New Mexico: once in 1975 for speeding and driving without a license, and in 1977 when this photograph was taken.

Here's his mugshot:

Attachments

• bill-gates.jpg
    bill-gates.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 14
Yes, he's right. Yes, that is where the Microsoft has started in New Mexico and here's the picture where Bill Gates got arrested for speeding his Porsche in New Mexico 1977. :D

Bill Gates was arrested at least twice in New Mexico: once in 1975 for speeding and driving without a license, and in 1977 when this photograph was taken.

WOW! What a nerdy boy!

mmm First Computer?..Tatung Einstein. Made in the UK....lol
Had a spectrum gfx chip but also had 3" floppy drives, colour monitor etc.
After that...Amiga 1000, 2000 and an A3000 (when the A3000 prices almost matched the model number!!)
Then 386, 486, 486dx2 until present system AMD 3200 x64 etc
Looking to maybe get dual/quad core this year.
Good job I dont smoke...couldnt afford that and computers!!

So Gates'y didnt crash in his Porsche then...(unlike his windows!)

Last edited:
Packard bell before they were bought out by HP 2nd pc was Dell * the tower fried* 3rd is HP Pavillion and my first laptop is HP/Compaq now my 4th PC will plby be under HP again will get a 4th for the WHOLE house so we can wifi everything inculding the tv LOL :)

First computer my family had was a Mac until 1991.

First family PC is a Epson - has Win 3.1 - back in 1996 (no, we didn't have Win 95).

Then 2nd family computer is AST - has Win 98 SE - in March 2000.

Next is my own computer - a Dell Dimension 8400 - in July 2004. It had Win XP Home SP1a, then upgraded to SP2, then got XP Pro SP2 in April 2005.

Then the family got a Dell Dimension 3000 (*scoffs*) in July 2005 that has Win XP Home (still have it). Later, my mom got her own computer (Dell Dim E520 that has Win XP Media Center Edition 2005 with Update Rollup 2) in July 2006 because she got fed up with my brother playing CounterStrike on the Dell Dim 3000, lol.

Then I got Win Server 2003 Standard Ed 180-day trial in June 2006 before realizing that I had to make a partition on the HD to have 2 OSes, so I did it the long way via formatting the HD with the XP Pro SP2 CD.

July 2006, I got the Win Vista Beta 2 (build 5384), and reformatted the 2nd partition that had Server 2003 on it. I then got Vista RC1 (build 5600) in October 2006 and kept it until . . .

January 31st, 2007, when I got both Win Server 2003 R2 Enterprise (w/ SP1 until I updated that to SP2 last month) and Win Vista Business - planning on updating that to Win Vista Ultimate and then getting SP1 in fall 2007. (I'm now tri-booting - see my signature.)

I have a self-built computer from my PC Configuration (spring 2007) class that has both Win Vista Business and Linux Ubuntu. I'm planning on swapping the hard drive, memory, and vid cards from the self-built 'puter to my Dell Dim 8400 then use the self-built comp as a server. Big project for me this summer, I can predict lol.

1998: First pc for the family. It was a Packard Bell with Window 98, AMD anthon(not sure what type), 64mb of ram, 7gb of hdd, and an internal modem. I think my parents payed 3grand for it im not sure. We have it for school work and internet. Its my sister's now and she uses it for school. She is a teacher assistant so the kids play games or go on the internet for school. Believe it or not it still works great. A couple days ago my sister is asking me to upgrade it so it can run on xp. :/ Should I upgrade it or build her a new one?

in christmas time of 1995 my first home pc was compaq presario 9645 - pen I 100mhz, 3 gb hdd, and 128mb ram.

1998: First pc for the family. It was a Packard Bell with Window 98, AMD anthon(not sure what type), 64mb of ram, 7gb of hdd, and an internal modem. I think my parents payed 3grand for it im not sure. We have it for school work and internet. Its my sister's now and she uses it for school. She is a teacher assistant so the kids play games or go on the internet for school. Believe it or not it still works great. A couple days ago my sister is asking me to upgrade it so it can run on xp. :/ Should I upgrade it or build her a new one?

My first real own system is PB F-170 back in 1996 when Win 95 was new and buggy (Win 95a, still have CDrom tho). It have 166mhz Pentuim processor, 16mb EDO memory, 2GB hddr, 2mb Cirrus Logic video, 16x CDrom drive, 36.6kpbs Fax modem w/ soundcard combo. It was pretty solid system. My sister bought Gateway G 6 system w/ 133mhz processor and 16mb memory ect. Her system crashes alot. My PB system runs any games with no problem. I took game over to my sister's place and installed it. It crashes her system. She had it serviced. Her power supply failed and she had waited 8 wks to get new power supply replaced. I laughed about her wussy system. LOL. My PB never had serviced but lot of upgrades until it reached to the point that it was slow running on AOL 7.0. I called it PukeBlah LOL.
Catty

I'm still looking for a photo of my first personal Mac.

This is a picture of my first Mac that I used at work, early '90's.

It was a MacIntosh SE Super Drive (4 mg RAM) with Radius Monitor and Kensington trackball mouse. We had a LaserWriter II. Software was MS Word 5.0, Aldus Pagemaker 4.0, MacDraw Pro, Click Art, and Norton Utilities 2.0. No internet.

I used both monitors. The vertical one so I could see the entire newspaper page layout, and the smaller one for detail work without closing the other one. The vertical monitor could also be swiveled to horizontal format. All drives were floppies.

Back