First named Storm.

Babyblue, are you saying that there are now 4 storms? I havent checked the weather channel yet.

Two named storms as of now. This Depression off of, Tampa will make it three this afternoon. Her name will be, Claudette. (They are predicting it will become one) T.S. Warnings have already been set up on the Northern Coast of Florida Panhandle and Alabama.

The same link I provided in the OP is a very good one.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Actually Shel. You are right. This one off the coast is TD 4.

In the Atlantic Basin, we have three active storms.

Then I agree with you...this is NUTS!!! :eek3:

Pls stay safe everyone!!!

my mom is silly. she said " so i heard, maybe i will end up in OZ." Oh gosh, i hope everyone stays safe!

This title thread should be "2009 Hurricane Season"

:lol: You know what? You are right. When I first posted this thread I was only expecting one storm. The first storm of this "so called" quiet season ended up not being so quiet after all.

Mods. Can the title be changed?

Nathan,

How much rain and wind are you guys expecting. I see that they now have Warnings in place for P.R.

:lol: You know what? You are right. When I first posted this thread I was only expecting one storm. The first storm of this "so called" quiet season ended up not being so quiet after all.

Mods. Can the title be changed?

Nathan,

How much rain and wind are you guys expecting. I see that they now have Warnings in place for P.R.
It's expecting 60 miles from Ana to to hit landfall on Monday. It's not Ana I am worrying about, it's Billy.

:shrug:

Now they are predicting Bill to head further north.

Just be safe and everyone on the East Coast needs to keep an eye on this.

Not just Florida.

hope it is not serious storm hit in Florida.

by the way. I got first post for a long long time.

Babyblue, are you saying that there are now 4 storms? I havent checked the weather channel yet.

Two named storms as of now. This Depression off of, Tampa will make it three this afternoon. Her name will be, Claudette. (They are predicting it will become one) T.S. Warnings have already been set up on the Northern Coast of Florida Panhandle and Alabama.

The same link I provided in the OP is a very good one.

National Hurricane Center

Then I agree with you...this is NUTS!!! :eek3:

Pls stay safe everyone!!!

Insane! Ya gotta love hurricane season! :roll:

I echo everyone else. Stay safe y'all.

Ironically, Claudette gave us a ton of rain yesterday as a tropical wave. Was miserable here. When she moved into the Gulf of Mexico, it allowed the wave to intensify into Tropical Storm Claudette. It will be this way for the next 10-14 wks with waves moving through the Atlantic waters.

For those of us with anxiety issues, now is NOT the time to go off your medication! :lol:

:shrug:

Now they are predicting Bill to head further north.

Just be safe and everyone on the East Coast needs to keep an eye on this.

Not just Florida.

Definitely not just Florida. The Gulf coast and the entire Eastern seaboard has to be on their toes right now!

Insane! Ya gotta love hurricane season! ... It will be this way for the next 10-14 wks with waves moving through the Atlantic waters. ...
Nooooo, please Ms Ocean Breeze say it ain't so? "... It will be this way for the next 10-14 wks with waves moving through the Atlantic waters. ..." I had two just for the mental health of it road trips planned. One to tour the Pro Line boat factory in Crystal River, Florida one day and drive home and another all day road trip to tour the Sailfish boat factory in Cairo, Georgia and drive home. With a unknown date to tour the Bertam yacht factory in Miami, Florida along with a stop at the Kennedy Space Visitor Center in Florida, all before September 6, 2009 and drive home. :hmm:

Well, God sure laughs at my plans. :giggle:

Most important y'all stay safe, I'm going to go cry in my ice tea! :laugh2:

Yes, yes of course, I love hurricane season! :eek3:

Nooooo, please Ms Ocean Breeze say it ain't so? "... It will be this way for the next 10-14 wks with waves moving through the Atlantic waters. ..." I had two just for the mental health of it road trips planned. One to tour the Pro Line boat factory in Crystal River, Florida one day and drive home and another all day road trip to tour the Sailfish boat factory in Cairo, Georgia and drive home. With a unknown date to tour the Bertam yacht factory in Miami, Florida along with a stop at the Kennedy Space Visitor Center in Florida, all before September 6, 2009 and drive home. :hmm:

Well, God sure laughs at my plans. :giggle:

Most important y'all stay safe, I'm going to go cry in my ice tea! :laugh2:

Yes, yes of course, I love hurricane season! :eek3:

Nothing like Mother Nature to mess up your plans. Sorry about that!

Back