First named Storm.

Babyblue

Reaction score
Ana is our first named storm, in the Atlantic.

It is expected to be a tropical Storm when it makes landfall.

The storm is quite a bit away. It is a reminder to all of us that have been through so much in 2004 Hurricane Season. It is best to be prepared and ready. I have my hurricane kit together already. I always do, since the 2004 season.

National Hurricane Center

oh yeah get ready for Ana it seems like this year was not really active but always had been active during August and September since that we are in middle of August never know

Ana is our first named storm, in the Atlantic.

It is expected to be a tropical Storm when it makes landfall.

The storm is quite a bit away. It is a reminder to all of us that have been through so much in 2004 Hurricane Season. It is best to be prepared and ready. I have my hurricane kit together already. I always do, since the 2004 season.

National Hurricane Center

AMAZING!! WE have Tropical storm BILL right behind ANA!

Looks like I'll be first in line to possibly see a visit from Ana. *sigh*

Yes, the hurricane season has finally "arrived".

Babyblue, unfortunately, this is the time of year where we see an "assembly line" of disturbances coming off the African coast. Might as well get used to it, my friend! The Atlantic basin is heating up!

I'm so thrilled. :roll:

I bet!.. Especially only having one road out.

The Hurricane pipeline, has been turned on.

I bet!.. Especially only having one road out.

The Hurricane pipeline, has been turned on.

You got it!

I WILL say that we have an awesome evacuation plan down here, and since we are small in population, it doesn't make things too messy. It's always stressful, though. I am NOT looking forward to the next 10 wks.

Ah well, but I chose to live here, right? Gotta take the bad with the good!

Stay safe, everyone!

You got it!

I WILL say that we have an awesome evacuation plan down here, and since we are small in population, it doesn't make things too messy. It's always stressful, though. I am NOT looking forward to the next 10 wks.

Ah well, but I chose to live here, right? Gotta take the bad with the good!

Stay safe, everyone!

Yup. They usually evacuate tourist first. Then residents later. They do well with synchronizing people off the islands, to the mainland.

In regards of living here. I love it here! Like you said... gotta take the bad with the good.

All you can do is prepare yourself. Be alert and ready for the storm.

Many say it will not become a Hurricane, but it is too soon to actually say.

Yeah. I wouldn't panic. I would just prepare for the possibily of it coming your way and get out if you need to. Since it appears that Ana won't be a hurricane, this could be considered a drill for us. It's time to PREPARE and BE ALERT!

They are predicting Bill to become at least a cat 2 hurricane before making landfall.
trackmap_storm3.jpg

Hurricane and Tropical Storm coverage from MyFoxHurricane.com - powered by MyFoxTampaBay and the FOX Network

I know. It is a heads up for all of us. Anyone that is in the path of these storms really need to keep a watch and get ready.

Now this is nuts!!

Tropical depression forms off Tampa coast

The Associated Press

Published: August 16, 2009

MIAMI - A tropical storm warning was issued Sunday for parts of Florida as a newly formed depression swirled about 90 miles off the coast of Tampa.

The warning was issued for areas east of the Alabama state line to the Suwanee River. The warning means tropical storm conditions are likely within the next 24 hours.

Forecasters at the National Hurricane Center said the depression was expected to be near Florida's northern Gulf Coast by Sunday afternoon. It was moving to the north-northwest at about 16 mph, with maximum sustained winds around 35 mph. It was about 90 miles from Tampa early Sunday morning.

Meanwhile, Hurricane Guillermo was swirling in the Pacific as a Category 2 storm. And tropical storms Ana and Bill were moving over the Atlantic.

Guillermo had weakened slightly, with maximum sustained winds dropping to 100 mph. It was expected to lose more steam and dwindle to a tropical storm in the next day or two. It was moving west at 15 mph, about 1,150 miles east of Hilo, Hawaii.

Tropical Storm Bill had strengthened some, with winds picking up to 45 mph. It was expected to build momentum and become a hurricane in the next few days. But Bill was still far out in the Atlantic, moving west at 13 mph about 1,640 miles east of the Lesser Antilles.

The Leeward Islands were keeping a close eye on Ana, as the storm was expected to make landfall there early Monday. It was packing winds of about 40 mph as it churned about 560 miles east-southeast of the islands. It was speeding west at about 20 mph.

Ana triggered a tropical storm watch for Puerto Rico, and watches remained in effect for the U.S. and British Virgin Islands, Montserrat, Antigua, Barbuda, St. Kitts, Nevis, Anguilla, St. Maarten, Saba and St. Eustatius. That means tropical storm conditions are possible within the next 36 hours.

Babyblue, are you saying that there are now 4 storms? I havent checked the weather channel yet.

Back