First appointment

Cool! Thanks for the information!! I was thinking her surgery started at 1pm. Not sure why I thought that. So, maybe she's home by now and resting? Lets hope! :fingersx:
Yes, I am sure they will let her go home soon but first they wanted to make sure shes alright like blood pressure, bleeding, etc. Then go home.

When I had ci surgery, they keep me overnight. Thats their policy which was okay with me. I didnt mind just overnight instead of 3 days or so.

Yes, I am sure they will let her go home soon but first they wanted to make sure shes alright like blood pressure, bleeding, etc. Then go home.

When I had ci surgery, they keep me overnight. Thats their policy which was okay with me. I didnt mind just overnight instead of 3 days or so.

I know. Some hospital policies differ.

Anyway, I slightly miscalculated. Lucia should just be in recovery now, and possibly heading home soon. That would be my guess based on time.

Anyway, still want to hear word!!! Waiting sucks...................... :lol:

I know. Some hospital policies differ.

Anyway, I slightly miscalculated. Lucia should just be in recovery now, and possibly heading home soon. That would be my guess based on time.

Anyway, still want to hear word!!! Waiting sucks...................... :lol:
I know the feeling.. Waiting so sucks!!! ;)

Did you have the surgery done in New York? If you don't mind me asking was it one of the hospitals in the city? Thanks

I hope Lucia is feeling ok. Hopefully someone will check in and let us know how she made out.

Did you have the surgery done in New York? If you don't mind me asking was it one of the hospitals in the city? Thanks

I hope Lucia is feeling ok. Hopefully someone will check in and let us know how she made out.
Yes I had mine done in Long Island Jewish Hospital two yrs ago.

Yes I had mine done in Long Island Jewish Hospital two yrs ago.

How were they? Everyone seemed to recommend NYU, Beth Israel or NY Eye and Ear to us (for an infant). They did mention Long Island Jewish, but were not as familiar with their centers as the ones in the city. You are the first I met that had the CI done there. My daughter so far has had one appointment with NYU for a hearing test, we go back tomorrow for another hearing test. So far I like them. I live on Long Island, so Long Island Jewish is more convenient than the others. Too bad I didn't talk to you sooner! One good thing about living in New York, you have lots of options!!

The surgery took 4 hrs.. She told me that her surgery started at 10am. Done at 2pm. I was told by Lucia that she ll go home after surgery, not stay overnight.

I just chatted with SpiceHD. Lucia's surgery actually started at 1pm. She had to be at the hospital no later then 10am, for the preparation. Surgery could take anywhere from 2-6 hrs. So, we'll see. Spice said she'd let us know!

She doesn't have access to AD, so I'll be the one to relay word to you all.

How were they? Everyone seemed to recommend NYU, Beth Israel or NY Eye and Ear to us (for an infant). They did mention Long Island Jewish, but were not as familiar with their centers as the ones in the city. You are the first I met that had the CI done there. My daughter so far has had one appointment with NYU for a hearing test, we go back tomorrow for another hearing test. So far I like them. I live on Long Island, so Long Island Jewish is more convenient than the others. Too bad I didn't talk to you sooner! One good thing about living in New York, you have lots of options!!
hey let talk abt it thru PM hows that??

I just chatted with SpiceHD. Lucia's surgery actually started at 1pm. She had to be at the hospital no later then 10am, for the preparation. Surgery could take anywhere from 2-6 hrs. So, we'll see. Spice said she'd let us know!

She doesn't have access to AD, so I'll be the one to relay]

Ah, cool!!!! :cool:

So her surgery started at 2 my time, so it could be anywhere from 4 to 8 p.m. before we hear anything my time -- I'm in Central zone.

Cannot wait to hear from you Ocean... :popcorn: :hyper:

Okay guys....

OKay everyone...

Here's the word....

I heard from SpiceHD. Lucia's home from the hospital. CasperGemini is staying with her, so I guess it can be assumed that all went okay. He popped on briefly and gave word. Hopefully, more will follow later.

A personal note and I'm sure this goes from us all!

Rest up, Lucia!! And, feel better soon!!!

Major :hug: from all of us!

:)

Congrats Lucia! I'm SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I can't imagine how u must feel!!!!!

Oops accidently click submit twice and put double post...sorry! Look at next post heheh

Last edited:
Lucia is home and said she's okay but no details yet. I imagine she's very tired and she told me she felt pain on left ear and was sick when she first woke up but now she felt much better. I expect we will hear from her soon by tmw or so.

Was told that She will have a turn on ci on monday. But so far she is doing good heheh

Hey everyone, I am home from the hospital and doing great so far. When I first woke up, I was in SOOOOOOOOOO much pain!!! But after about 2 hours and plenty of painkillers and anti-nausea meds, I felt so much better!!!

I will fill y'all in on everything maybe tomorrow or Friday.

Now I'm gonna go chill and rest. I'm tired and a little high from all the morphine and the anti nausea meds.

Good night, everyone, and thanks for all your well-wishes! :)

I'm very happy it all went good Lucia! (I knew it would be okay :wiggle: )

Get your rest and sweet dreams knowing the scary part is over.
:hug:

Hey everyone, I am home from the hospital and doing great so far. When I first woke up, I was in SOOOOOOOOOO much pain!!! But after about 2 hours and plenty of painkillers and anti-nausea meds, I felt so much better!!!

I will fill y'all in on everything maybe tomorrow or Friday.

Now I'm gonna go chill and rest. I'm tired and a little high from all the morphine and the anti nausea meds.

Good night, everyone, and thanks for all your well-wishes! :)

That great! you are doing OK :) and take easy on urself and psstt did make you feel high?? :giggle: t'care :)

Back