Finical issue: Need advice!

good luck hope you all as a famly get sorted soon

I hope the best for you in your move.

Yes, TR is a hard place to find a job, hearing or deaf. It's also the home town of the Travelers--America's version of gypsies.

I hope the best for you in your move.

Yes, TR is a hard place to find a job, hearing or deaf. It's also the home town of the Travelers--America's version of gypsies.

What does TR stand for ?

That is a plan :) but as for SSI, she and I are still figuring out.

There isn't really anything to figure out. It's your money, and you need to get some help to get a bank change and not have her on the account.
I have a feeling the Social Security administration will have a problem with your mother taking all your money, and still wanting to take it even when you are leaving home.

That is a plan :) but as for SSI, she and I are still figuring out.
There is nothing to figure out, that is YOUR money and no one elses, it is ILLEGAL for anyone else to touch it (family, Bill Collectors..ect...)
If your mom needs money she can make sis and the stud cover it, or she can march on down to the SS office, Welfare...ect... and get her own.

If you want to "help" your mom you can "spare" a little change, BUT you do not need to support her as she is capable of working and supporting herself to an extent. Sounds like she got lazy and dependent on you to support her for a free ride ( you are not you dad )

Living there and paying room/board and sharing bills is ok, but NOT when your sis and her stud arent helping any...that is wrong on so many levels. Sounds like they were using you for a free ride all along and now they dont know what to do????

Stay strong, stand your grounds and move on... DO NOT LEAVE ACCESS TO YOU ACCOUNT/MONEY !!!!

If you want to help, you can send a check and keep a copy for tax write offs/deductions. they know you are vulnerable to their likings so dont let anyone get over on you....Thats why they kept you in the dark, no communication, the less you knew the less they had to worry about.

There isn't really anything to figure out. It's your money, and you need to get some help to get a bank change and not have her on the account.
I have a feeling the Social Security administration will have a problem with your mother taking all your money, and still wanting to take it even when you are leaving home.
True that.

Yeah she was only to take some money to help pay food etc not clean the account out. I would had called SSI and reported her for overdrawing the account . She is hurting her child credit score by doing this .

Yeah she was only to take some money to help pay food etc not clean the account out. I would had called SSI and reported her for overdrawing the account . She is hurting her child credit score by doing this .

She should be reported right now for trying to still keep his money.

I wish AD could have some service to help people who are being taken advantage of by their family.

But I guess we really are just a social website.

She should be reported right now for trying to still keep his money.

I wish AD could have some service to help people who are being taken advantage of by their family.

But I guess we really are just a social website.

I guess the only thing we could is try to help a person find places that can help them but we would need to know what state and city a person lives in. I love doing this b/c I can't stand any kind of abuse or exploitation . And this is
exploitation the mother is doing. Disgusting !

I'd would tread lightly here -- being involved in other families lives is not our business, no matter how sickening it is. we only can show them the way out . Its up to them to take the advice and go.
I really dont want to cause a situtation where child cant go visit thier folks for holidays regardless of what they have done. If we caused a irreparable rift - is this something you guys want to live with?!

I'd would tread lightly here -- being involved in other families lives is not our business, no matter how sickening it is. we only can show them the way out . Its up to them to take the advice and go.
I really dont want to cause a situtation where child cant go visit thier folks for holidays regardless of what they have done. If we caused a irreparable rift - is this something you guys want to live with?!

For me , it's pretty much black and white.

Yes. If a child is being abused social services will step in and remove them from the situation.

But when it gets to this point where it is an adult, and he hasn't been shown how to manage his money, his mother takes all his money, and emotionally blackmails him, rather that solve this problem on her own.

He has no transportation, was not provided with a ride to get him to school so he couldn't attend.

His is a virtual prisoner there, and it is extremely unhealthy.

That is what I want to do , help people find out where they can go to get help and they can use it or not. I would not want to spend a holiday with my mother if she had robbed me repeatedly and destroyed my credit score.

You make some good points.

I guess I got concerned because I've seen what happens to deaf adults who become dependent on their hearing parents, and then fall apart when the parents die. I've seen them lose houses and other property, or get ripped off by other adults who take advantage of their trust. It's horrible.

In the end, I don't think we could cause any rifts in a relationship unless it was already severely damaged. We don't know all the dynamics of his family, and the family in KY.

It might be painful at first but I hope after a little time and distance Joey and his mom can develop a new, more mature relationship. Of course, that's fully up to them.

This is why I am not saying anything here. I don't feel that I got business telling other families how to run. Its after I start my own family, and I see how ugly it can get when public gets involved, because there are plenty of things that public have no clue whats going on inside my family.

Back