Fine print on ZVRS

No offense... but... I see VRS companies do this over and over again: sell a product at a subsidized price or give away a product to the Deaf community, but still retain ownership over the product.

Why not do a contract like cellular companies do? You gotta pay a certain amount every few months, then after you pay it off-- it's yours. If you cancel the service with the company, the phone is still yours but you get billed for however much you still owe on the phone.

Again, make sure YOU do not PORT the number to ZVRS because I find out from ZVRS installer, he told me that ZVRS seems can't afford to get local number from ZVRS, how sad is that?!?! He also told me that he has about 20 customers who are so pissed off at ZVRS for port since they lost their features because Sorenson already warned all customers if port then will lost features so that is why HOVRS provide their own local number while ZVRS can't?! Wow, very sad for ZVRS. But still, ZVRS should warned them before they do port but THEY did not do that. Now Sean make a comment on this because he knows it is wrong for them to do this. Plus Sean should not comment on Sorenson because FCC are not allowed this. Any company that makes payment from FCC and they are not allowed to negative about any relay company but now I see Sean do this so I am copy this and save it for in case.

When a number is ported from a Sorenson phone, Sorenson takes all key features away from the VP200 as what can only be described as punishment for porting. We do not do this.

Sean Belanger
CEO CSDVRS

I ported my TMO Blackberry number to a new AT&T Blackberry. My TMO Blackberry stopped working. That is the same concept with a VP-200 when a number is ported away. Are you guys too cheap to provide Local Numbers yourselves?

I ported my TMO Blackberry number to a new AT&T Blackberry. My TMO Blackberry stopped working. That is the same concept with a VP-200 when a number is ported away. Are you guys too cheap to provide Local Numbers yourselves?

Good point!

Curious, why in front of Zvrs webpage stated that Z4 has been released, and when I click asssume that I would download Z4 software, it asked me to register which I do not have problem with. Unfortunately I am not willing to share my 10 digit local number to your company. I ended up found out that Z4 is not ready to download. So whats up in the beginning it says it is released only to ask to register, result inform that it will be available at later time.

Remember, talk is cheap, actions has price in it.

DHB

Just to clear. If anyone is unhappy with a Z phone we will take it back anytime for a full refund.

Full Refund anytime not 30 or 90 days,, anytime a year later whatever..

yes we do not want you to transfer our phones especially to hearing people
we pay over $300 for a Z340 but we sell for less than $100..

On porting, yes we ask people to port. our team is instructed to make sure customers know what porting is..
When a number is ported from a Sorenson phone, Sorenson takes all key features away from the VP200 as what can only be described as punishment for porting. We do not do this.

And again if anyone is not happy, full refund anytime..

Sean Belanger
CEO CSDVRS

Just to clear. If anyone is unhappy with a Z phone we will take it back anytime for a full refund.

Full Refund anytime not 30 or 90 days,, anytime a year later whatever..

yes we do not want you to transfer our phones especially to hearing people
we pay over $300 for a Z340 but we sell for less than $100..

On porting, yes we ask people to port. our team is instructed to make sure customers know what porting is..

And again if anyone is not happy, full refund anytime..

Sean Belanger
CEO CSDVRS

Thank you for replying and post answers to my questions.

DO not TRUST ZVRS! DO not give your Sorenson or HOVRS local number to ZVRS, they will go ahead PORT!!! DO not trust ZVRS!!!

Thank you, someone dropped out member of it. He don't like port from other local numbers. He keeps Purple.

ZVRS used to give out local numbers. I have numbers from Sorenson, Purple, and ZVRS. Are you guys saying they don't anymore?

I don't see anything wrong with porting a number, but only if that is what the customer explicitly opts for.

ZVRS good guys- Purple- bad guys

I got Z4 from ZVRS and yes it's local number. They give local numbers for all Z phones.

I have P3 on my laptop- I am unable to uninstall it- it's a BUG from Purple- they did this on purpose. Bad bad

I tested and i can uninstall z4 without problem- OFC i installed it back on- its the best video software.

No need to sweat about the legal agreements- all companies have their own for their protection.

I have P3 on my laptop- I am unable to uninstall it- it's a BUG from Purple- they did this on purpose. Bad bad

I have the similar problem with P3 software. I did download P3 because I wanted to contact my friend who is using P3 software. I could not able to uninstall it after attempting to use P3. I will try to uninstall it soon.

How can I able to uninstall P3 software? I decide not to use it anymore.

Thanks.

I have the similar problem with P3 software. I did download P3 because I wanted to contact my friend who is using P3 software. I could not able to uninstall it after attempting to use P3. I will try to uninstall it soon.

How can I able to uninstall P3 software? I decide not to use it anymore.

Thanks.

Sure, Kim

Start

Run

Type cmd

Type cd local*

Type cd temp

Type rmdir /s P3

Type yes

Type exit

Then click on p3 icon and it should be fine

Sure, Kim

Start

Run

Type cmd

Type cd local*

Type cd temp

Type rmdir /s P3

Type yes

Type exit

Then click on p3 icon and it should be fine

Thanks! I will do it when I get home. :ty:

Hey, at Zvrs front page it said Z4 is now available

Z4 - ZVRS

However if you go to register and go in store here is link

The ZStore Online - videophones and z-branded apparel.

then scroll down where Zvrs you would expect to download

they said "Not yet available - coming soon"

I tested to make sure the page is truly refreshed, and used multiple PC to confirm this.

Wondering if they do these kind ploy to get you register only to find out Z4 is not ready.. What kind of company would do such things like that?

diehardbiker, one need to register to create a profile then ZVRS will send a email to this person with download link plus ten digit local area number. local number porting is optional. I don't work for ZVRS but that's how it goes.

I already had Z-PC-100 and it was automatic upgrade by starting up zpc100 and it upgraded and become Z4 (in Windows).

That Z4 in zvrs store is for hearing who might want one, same as other VP sold by ZVRS to hearing people at full price while we deaf and hard of hearing get them at low price.

You need ten digits local area nbrs for logging into Z4. You are not required to port your other local nbr.

my understanding of why vrs companies require you not to sell or give to another person their equipment (keep control): companies constantly working on upgrades and improved technology. sometimes it is in firmware that can be sent directly to your equipment over internet (firmware). sometimes it is new device. (example: vp-100 to vp-200) when that happens company takes back the old equipment. can recycle it or whatever. because they paid for it. if u paid for it, different story. same with cable companies replacing old cable box with new equipment. you pay rent but when new tech happens they replace old with new. they take care of disposal, recycle, whatever. that device is connected to your account.

DO not TRUST ZVRS! DO not give your Sorenson or HOVRS local number to ZVRS, they will go ahead PORT!!! DO not trust ZVRS!!!

This is misleading statement. For example, if you want to buy Z150 videophone it would cost you about 249 dollars, I believe. With porting from Sorenson or HOVRS it will cost you 199 to buy Z150 Videophone.

Actually the Z150 videophone if you buy from somewhere else it costs about 1,500 I aint kidding.

My employer bought it for me and it cost them 899 dollars(Corporate pricing) without porting.

Hence, if you want cheaper price you have to port your number from other VRS otherwise you can pay at a higher price without porting. Its a choice.

My understanding that it only ask for Sorenson number, nothing else.

My friend try to get one to use P3 number, they do not want that and want Sorenson number transfer port that device.

My understanding that it only ask for Sorenson number, nothing else.

My friend try to get one to use P3 number, they do not want that and want Sorenson number transfer port that device.

Yes, they do want Sorenson number. To ZVRS its about power and controlling VRS market share away from Sorenson. I think its stupid, in my opinion. If ZVRS wants to have many customers from other VRS providers, so be it. After long struggle, I had managed to port to ZVRS from Purple (MVP) I do not have VP200 from Sorenson at all.

Back