Finally, a great comparison of what hearing thru a CI is like..

Could it be everyone have differently interpret of accepting the deafness issue. So what is your definition of accepting the deafness? how does it relate with accepting and defeat in the same sentence/

Pretty sure most people who are deaf, accept their deafness. The difference is how people chose to cope with it.

I see you are back with your negativity. :roll: What you fail to realize is that most of us DO accept our deafness.....what we haven't accepted is defeat.

That's beautiful man! I heart it, hard.

For someone born deaf, who never developed language, outcomes aren't as successful.

Fuzzy

That's one, I was born HOH and became severe deaf in several months after born, so became profoundly deaf in 1994 or 1995 so the HA no longer works anymore.

The speech therapy isn't work for me and ASL is most, strong recommended, most important language to communicate.

Pretty sure most people who are deaf, accept their deafness. The difference is how people chose to cope with it.

I can't accept about Usher Syndrome. :(

It is easy for me to accept the deafness, but losing the visual is no way.

It seems strange that those who see themselves as disabled or deafness as a disability as the ones who have accepted their deafness while those who are involved with Deaf culture and ASL as not accepting their deafness.

It seems strange that those who see themselves as disabled or deafness as a disability as the ones who have accepted their deafness while those who are involved with Deaf culture and ASL as not accepting their deafness.

That seems like denial of a really epic proportion on the part of those who think they are disabled.

Who?

Me naturally, why Bottesini has been up my ass all day :D

But they're taking my words out of context, leaving very important aspects out of what I said, which is not surprising

First page, it was in response to Bebobang??? doing the usual....you don't accept your deafness blah blah blah

But they're taking my words out of context, leaving very important aspects out of what I said, which is not surprising

First page, it was in response to Bebobang??? doing the usual....you don't accept your deafness blah blah blah

It was in response to TXGolfer's post, not yours.

Ah, well it makes perfect sense to me. People don't usually seek HA's and CI's unless they have come to terms with the fact that they qualify for them in the first place.

It was in response to TXGolfer's post, not yours.

Well in that case you are completely wrong. I never said people who use ASL are not accepting their deafness. After that would be one method of coping.

That would be tough.

Yup, it is and I have highly expectation about stem cell or genetic therapy.

Usher Syndrome is no worse than IBS because US lacks of pain but IBS gave a lot of pain.

Well in that case you are completely wrong. I never said people who use ASL are not accepting their deafness. After that would be one method of coping.

I never thought that not want to learn ASL isn't accepting deafness, or isn't deaf so enough.

I think it is ridiculous about not learn ASL isn't accepting deafness, but I do know many people accept their deafness and some of them are comfortable with oral languages, so some people don't want to learn ASL for some reason.

Let's take a look at everything I said, instead of picking the parts we want to. Especially the parts in red and blue. But most especially the part I bolded and colored, THAT is the part some people are not accepting of their deafness. I can look at it, accept, I don't need to put rosey colored glasses on to look at it. It is what is, it's a word not a judgement.

In fact. I might go one step further and say you don't accept your deafness, at least not for the reality that it is. I've read several posts of yours on here. In one breath you claim the terms hearing impaired and disablity are wrong. Deafness is not a disablity or an impairment. But in the next breath you'll be demanding your rights to accomodations such as interpreters and what not. Do you not realize one arguments negates the other? The simple fact that you require accomodations signifies a hearing disablity. Do you realize that that doesn't say anything bad about you? That it isn't a character judgement or something to base your self worth on?

Depending on how you look at it, I think I have a greater acceptness of my deafness than you do.

I'm talking about denying, yes denial of epic proportions here, that deafness is a disablity while at the same time demanding interpreters be available etc etc. If deafness wasn't a disablity no one would need them in the first place.

Let's take a look at everything I said, instead of picking the parts we want to. Especially the parts in red and blue. But most especially the part I bolded and colored, THAT is the part some people are not accepting of their deafness. I can look at it, accept, I don't need to put rosey colored glasses on to look at it. It is what is, it's a word not a judgement.

In fact. I might go one step further and say you don't accept your deafness, at least not for the reality that it is. I've read several posts of yours on here. In one breath you claim the terms hearing impaired and disablity are wrong. Deafness is not a disablity or an impairment. But in the next breath you'll be demanding your rights to accomodations such as interpreters and what not. Do you not realize one arguments negates the other? The simple fact that you require accomodations signifies a hearing disablity. Do you realize that that doesn't say anything bad about you? That it isn't a character judgement or something to base your self worth on?

Depending on how you look at it, I think I have a greater acceptness of my deafness than you do.

I'm talking about denying, yes denial of epic proportions here, that deafness is a disablity while at the same time demanding interpreters be available etc etc. If deafness wasn't a disablity no one would need them in the first place.

Now hold on a minute here!!!! You don't know about me or my hearing loss, so I hope you are not saying that I do not accept my deafness.

Now hold on a minute here!!!! You don't know about me or my hearing loss, so I hope you are not saying that I do not accept my deafness.

Same here. I accept my deafness and embraced it not having to look into the hearing technology as I want to be natural. Both Hearing aid and CI have complicated our deafness but we do accept our deafness with gracefully.

Ambrosia, you don't know anything about us. So lay off, please. Thank you.

I have no idea if you do or don't, I was explaining my point because you were questioning it. I was specifically talking about not accepting that it's a disablity. That one aspect of deafness, not all of it.

Back