Final Fantasy XIII

authentic

Reaction score
Screenshots looks so good so far:

104.jpg

105.jpg

More screenshots is here.

Still waiting for Final Fantasy VII remake coming...

Yeah, I don't think they are gonna release FF7: Remake sadly. Each time I look on the topic, it's always "We have no plans" etc etc.

I read FF13's system is going to be very different from the rest, more action based. I still need to catch up on 12, didn't buy it yet lol.

I went FF 5(US) > FF 6(US) > FF 7 > FF 8 > FF9 > FF 7PC > FF 10 > FF 11 (2004-2008) .

How about you guys?

I almost bought FF X-2 for $15 4 years ago, but my PS2 broken that time. D'oh... :doh:

They're remaking VII for sure. They like to keep it on the down-low. I know cause I went to the Comic Con Expo in San Diego. XIII looks good but let's hope they made better characters. I thought the characters were okay in FFXII, but the Sky Pirate was, in no doubt, the coolest.

Yeah, I don't think they are gonna release FF7: Remake sadly. Each time I look on the topic, it's always "We have no plans" etc etc.

I read FF13's system is going to be very different from the rest, more action based. I still need to catch up on 12, didn't buy it yet lol.

I went FF 5(US) > FF 6(US) > FF 7 > FF 8 > FF9 > FF 7PC > FF 10 > FF 11 (2004-2008) .

How about you guys?

just want to point out ff 5 (us) doesnt exist, you probably misunderstood ff 4 (us) as ff 5.

just want to point out ff 5 (us) doesnt exist, you probably misunderstood ff 4 (us) as ff 5.

FF5 US exists. You're just being lame. FF4 US doesn't exist.

FF2 = FF4
Therefore we never got FF2 OR 3 JP.

Quit pointing things out. That's not your job. That's for jillio, even tho she doesnt' post in this section. :P

FF5 US exists. You're just being lame. FF4 US doesn't exist.

FF2 = FF4
Therefore we never got FF2 OR 3 JP.

Quit pointing things out. That's not your job. That's for jillio, even tho she doesnt' post in this section. :P

confusing :-/

ff4 jap = ff2 us
ff6 jap = ff3 us
final fantasy 5 jap never got released outside japan for snes. there's one for playstation 1 tho (ff anthology? not sure), and some fan english translation patches for the snes ff5 rom.
here, source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_V
my point still stands :p

Calm down folks... I did do a typo in that, I meant FF4 US.

But anyways.. FF13 this year!? maybe.

confusing :-/

ff4 jap = ff2 us
ff6 jap = ff3 us
final fantasy 5 jap never got released outside japan for snes. there's one for playstation 1 tho (ff anthology? not sure), and some fan english translation patches for the snes ff5 rom.
here, source: Final Fantasy V - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
my point still stands :p

I was testing. Beside there is FF5 US, but it's very rare. I would say it's for Super Faicom only.

I want a remake of FFVII for PS3.

Calm down folks... I did do a typo in that, I meant FF4 US.

But anyways.. FF13 this year!? maybe.

It is a possiblity. Square Enix has already done the development with the PS3 version but taking some time into developing the Xbox360 version. The developers at Square Enix want to get both versions done before they can release them.

New character:
The latest issue of V-Jump has been released and with it comes a scan of a brand new Final Fantasy XIII character. He isn't a character that was revealed at Jump Festa. In the scan we can see him fighting in a battle with Lightning which is the first time we've seen a battle with more than one character in the party. He's also supposed to be a starting party member meaning you'll be able to use him at the beginning of the game. BlankChocobo has translated more details from the scan:

"His name is サッズ・カッツロイ 'Sazh Katzroy', and he is a middle aged man. He dual wields pistols, has a baby chocobo, is a gentle hearted person easily moved to tears, possesses good judgment and a sense of social responsibility.
http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/2009/01/14/v-...r-revealed.html
24.jpg

(Wait, he looks so.... Real. NOT FF VERISON.)

Wow, I can actually read most of that text with the mediocre intermediate japanese I took in the past.

You know who he reminds me of?
Reminds me of a african american version of Irvine. He's even got that same pose in the middle pic.

サッズ actually should be translated to something like Sads or something like that. I guess an engrish equivalent name would be Sades or something.

I think that Sad's pose is the actual data representation of someone that they used to model, and the ingame pictures are small so they look more real (you know, that compressed pic crap).

Ya know what I also just realized? Aside from Yuffie Kisarugi, there has been no other asians in the Final Fantasies that were playable characters. I mean, just think of it for a sec.. No asians! And the developer team is fully asian and most likely all Japanese.

Either way, gonna grab one once it comes out.

Last edited:
Back