Fertilizer Plant explodes in West, Texas -- 60-70 dead

NitroHonda

Reaction score
:(

My thoughts go out to them.

WACO (April 17, 2013)--West EMS Director Dr. George Smith says as many as 60 or 70 people died and hundreds were injured Wednesday night in a fertilizer plant explosion in West.

A rescuer earlier said he knew of five deaths.

Meanwhile, emergency crews were pulling back late Wednesday night because of concerns about the possibility of a second explosion.

Emergency crews from throughout Central Texas responded just before 8 p.m. Wednesday after the first explosion at the plant in the small town north of Waco.

BIGgIDUCEAAqjmz.jpg:large

UPDATE: EMS Director Says 60 To 70 Dead In West Explosion

whoa! watch 0:28

[yt]ROrpKx3aIjA[/yt]
Whoa is right!

For those who want to know about the sound, there was a huge roaring bang, then a child's voice crying, "Dad, let's get out of here, please!" over, and over. She also says, "I can't hear! I can't hear anything!" The dad asks if she's OK, and swears. They sound very frightened.

Whoa is right!

For those who want to know about the sound, there was a huge roaring bang, then a child's voice crying, "Dad, let's get out of here, please!" over, and over. She also says, "I can't hear! I can't hear anything!" The dad asks if she's OK, and swears. They sound very frightened.

Based on comments that I have read... it's a good thing I can't hear the terror in her voice.

How awful.

Is anyone thinking this was no accident yet????? My heart goes out to all these people. I feel so sad that there has been one tragedy after another.

I am so done with these damn terrorists, shootings, explosionsX bombs, and all that crap. Really, if you have a massive fertilizer plant that can explode a any second, YOU DON'T BUILD HOUSES NEAR IT! End of story.

I wonder if the plant had the same ferterlizer that was used in oklaholma back in the 90s

My hubby says it is most likely the same kind of fertilizer. All fertilizers are extremely explosive or I was told. Same with the NYC bombings in the early 90s.

Terrorist use to making bomb from fertilizer for blast Oklahoma city goverment building back to 1995.

Oklahomacitybombing.jpg

My hubby says it is most likely the same kind of fertilizer. All fertilizers are extremely explosive or I was told. Same with the NYC bombings in the early 90s.

Oklahoma City Bombing, too.

Texas City disaster was the largest industrial disaster in United States history

On April 16th. and17th., 1947, two ships, the S. S. Grandcamp and the Highflyer, blew up in the harbor of Texas City, Texas, then the 11th. largest harbor in the United States. Over 500 people died and 2500 were injured, including schoolchildren. Some Monsanto engineers speculated that the blast was worse than the atom bomb which had recently exploded at Hiroshima and Nagasaki because the Texas City disaster was at ground 0. T
texascity.jpg

That is really too bad. I hope it wasn't done on purpose. If it was, they will catch whoever did it.

Those poor people. Long road back for them too.

West, TX is famous for best Czech food. I always stop there before on way to Austin. I feel so terrible for all staff at restaurant/bakery who have relate who work at industry.

West, TX is famous for best Czech food. I always stop there before on way to Austin. I feel so terrible for all staff at restaurant/bakery who have relate who work at industry.

really czechoslovkian lives there??

Back