Fear the Walking Dead Discussion

Yeah. But how did they get infected from? It seems the zombie virus infect all people first then whenever time passes on, zombies rise up from the dead.

Tobias knew because he was following every news story on the Internet, every radio report probably. He's a computer geek - he tutors his classmates so he's bright and he listens to things no one else pays attention to.

Jenner didn't know what caused the virus and I'm sure neither will anyone know on FTWD...this new show is supposed to be about when it started...but if no one in TWD has all the answers, neither will these folks.

Thats the biggest weakness in the plot. In my eyes...
The idea every single human beng everywhere,everyplace is already infected...its a bg world, even with air travel...a place vast with low popultions like canada. From. Border to artic sea pacific to atlantic...most untouched...so on...a virus needs something to csrry it...i dunno..
I guess it can lead to some interesting narratives on how a virus could possibly ever infect 100% of a host population...
But it also disarms the entire point to survive..
If we are all zombies anyway one way or another, no matter what, as we all die...then whats the point?
Surviving itself is futile..
Mmm...

Sunday's episode made me think of Regan - "The nine most frightening words in the English language: I'm from the government, and I'm here to help."

I can understand why he couldn't trust everyone, due to his veteran background. But, I think Salazar Family might lost the mother because Daniel is too distrust anybody. Do anybody think so?

I like how Travis remained optimistic, but I am pretty sure that apocalypse life will change him later.

I agree.. Travis will change his views soon enough. A little worried about Mama Salazar though ...:(. Might make Daniel realize he does need to depend on other people to help.

TBH, I thought this show was going to suck like a lot of new shows do and actually, this is really good! Not what I was expecting.

I'm always skeptical of new TV shows coming out..

But yeah, good! Yay! :D

I can understand why he couldn't trust everyone, due to his veteran background. But, I think Salazar Family might lost the mother because Daniel is too distrust anybody. Do anybody think so?

I like how Travis remained optimistic, but I am pretty sure that apocalypse life will change him later.

I think Daniel will be last one in Salazar family to die. We probably will watch him feeling bad about his family's death. Dramatic scene.

I just happened to remember that Jenner did mention about zombie virus was airborne infection or something. I think? That probably explained why.

Anyways. I get the feeling that Travis' family and Mady's family probably will escape from military in later episodes. I would prefer to leave my home before military gets me.

I remember that there were discussions about the possibility of killing disabled people, elders, etc if they're too burden or something if it's WWIII (I doubt it.), humanity's "end", etc.

I just happened to remember that Jenner did mention about zombie virus was airborne infection or something. I think? That probably explained why.

Jenner never said it was airborne-- or at least that is the impression as all Rick said to the others was that "Jenner told me we're all infected" after the group got suspicious after Shane and Randall re animated without being bitten. There's still a lot of debate on what exactly Jenner whispered to Rick though.

Interestingly with FWD- we see very early on that it doesn't take a bite to cause someone to turn- the guy that Nick shot accidentally (then tried to run over) turned right after being shot.

Interestingly with FWD- we see very early on that it doesn't take a bite to cause someone to turn- the guy that Nick shot accidentally (then tried to run over) turned right after being shot.

That's not entirely true. Nick ran and found his mother and told her what happened and they, along with Travis, went to look for the body and found none at first...until it appeared in the tunnel. There's no indication to suggest that he turned "right away." After the shooting, Nick turned over the body and found that his friend was in fact dead. He hadn't turned.

Jenner very clearly stated that when a person turns depends on any number of things: some turn within minutes, others hours. We know from TWD, a person can be infected by a bite, or an airborne like virus (if it kills them), coming into contact with an infected person's blood or fluids (drinking or washing from the same water), or being killed by other means if the head is untouched - people that hang themselves turn - those that die by head trauma, do not.

Laura

OK

I agree with the first part- Slip of the memory.

But I don't recall hearing anywhere in TWD that it was airborne. Most of the wiki articles (Walking Dead Wikis) don't mention that there was mention that it was air borne-- only that people turn either through a bite or through death by any means- shooting, disease, broken neck, fall off a cliff-- old age. I don't remember anything where a person came into contact with infected blood or drinking water. In the prison Patrick was already sick with something, died- his blood did get into the water but I was never clear on if that's why people got sick or if there was some sort of cold or flu going around before that anyway.

I hope army does not take Nick and Griselda to the place where they kill them. Army probably shot the man who flashed the light from the distance in the building. I think army is corrupted.

I hope army does not take Nick and Griselda to the place where they kill them. Army probably shot the man who flashed the light from the distance in the building. I think army is corrupted.

That's why I thought. :( I wouldn't be surprised if they do that in next episode or few next ones. You can trust military if you're able-bodied and healthy person, but if you're not, you shouldn't trust them. So, it's pretty much screwed up...

OK

I agree with the first part- Slip of the memory.

But I don't recall hearing anywhere in TWD that it was airborne. Most of the wiki articles (Walking Dead Wikis) don't mention that there was mention that it was air borne-- only that people turn either through a bite or through death by any means- shooting, disease, broken neck, fall off a cliff-- old age. I don't remember anything where a person came into contact with infected blood or drinking water. In the prison Patrick was already sick with something, died- his blood did get into the water but I was never clear on if that's why people got sick or if there was some sort of cold or flu going around before that anyway.

The prison in TWD when everyone starts to fall ill and Carole kills Karen and David to contain it. The infected were kept away from those that were not to avoid "catching" the illness.

Back