Fcc plan cut vrs

Incorrect, I used to be contractor for Purple Comminicate Inc. They decided to stop MVP because it is TOO WAY complicated configurations for customer to understand how to use it. Also, it is Out to date device since Purple found a better way and even better quality video screen, its like upgraded from MVP to P3. :]

And yes, its expensive to funding on research and development. life goes on

MVP can be out of date, but my MVP still working fine with no problem. Only thing is the back flap broke but I figured out a better way to fix the problem to keep the MVP standing up. :) I am surprised my MVP still alive and working for one year and two months. LOL

You failed to mention what you do for Sorenson. Being in college doesn't necessarily mean you are qualified to run a business. You didn't indicate what sort of business - failed companies are largely due to mis-management.

I work for a small consultancy firm and own a part time business so I have a pretty good picture of how a company is operated.

True, my parents never went to college for business and they own business and still run for over 24 years.

Same idea Bill Gates dropped out from college and he become billionaire.

this is a good example that everyone should do

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrItVmFOLQA&sns=em]YouTube - SAVE VRS NOW[/ame]

The guy gets it completely wrong. His analogy about "imagine you have an employee who has been working for your company 5, 10, 15 years" - WAY OFF.

It has nothing to do with "experience" and everything to do with "market rate" of services. That is ALL. You need to stop trying to confound the issue and make it seem like these VRS companies are noble and deserve to get millions of dollars in profit. They are not "investing in the deaf community" they are FLEECING the deaf community and lining their pockets.

The guy gets it completely wrong. His analogy about "imagine you have an employee who has been working for your company 5, 10, 15 years" - WAY OFF.

It has nothing to do with "experience" and everything to do with "market rate" of services. That is ALL. You need to stop trying to confound the issue and make it seem like these VRS companies are noble and deserve to get millions of dollars in profit. They are not "investing in the deaf community" they are FLEECING the deaf community and lining their pockets.

Are you sure about this?

tell me why did Sorenson donated 6 millions for new building at Gallaudet which named to SLCC?

It has nothing to do with "experience" and everything to do with "market rate" of services. That is ALL. You need to stop trying to confound the issue and make it seem like these VRS companies are noble and deserve to get millions of dollars in profit. They are not "investing in the deaf community" they are FLEECING the deaf community and lining their pockets.[/QUOTE]

I'm still missing how VRS companies are fleecing deaf community. Deaf Users pay only for internet, and to an ISP, not VRS provider. TRS fund set up for providing functionally equivalent access to telecommunication. Deaf users get to pick their provider. If they decide they don't like, they pick again, and again, and again. You speak as though they just shove money in their pockets and run. The re-invest the profits in the company to pay for everything else that TRS fund doesn't pay for: like R&D, free equipment, salaries of people who don't produce revenue. True! Good interpreters are expensive but there are other staff that work there too to make VRS possible. And you talk like $389/hr is huge amount for VRS but NECA doesn't pay for all interrpreter hours. They don't punch time clock and money pours out. FCC only pays for less than half their time, company pays the rest. Until you run such an operation yourself, you have no idea how to run one efficiently. If they don't they can't stay in business. This is business where FCC makes the rules VRS must follow, and if company does it really well, and has lots of happy customers, FCC then gets to say ok, now that you did a good job, we decide to pay you less for same quality. Do you get to do that with other company you do business with? I don't. Tell my utility company, i really like these lights but this month i pay 40% of bill, ok. Good! I will get 40% less light, i bet!

Are you sure about this?

tell me why did Sorenson donated 6 millions for new building at Gallaudet which named to SLCC?

To them 6 mil is nothing but everybody goes, "Wow!" and that was part of their plan.....to get everyone completely enamored of them....just smart marketing

Then where 6 million dollars should go instead of giving to Gallaudet?

Then where 6 million dollars should go instead of giving to Gallaudet?

The 6 million does not have to go anywhere; it was probably part of their budget for marketing, advertising, goodwill.

Um, you surely realize that Gally gets money from SVRS which in turn gets money from FCC?

Um, you surely realize that Gally gets money from SVRS which in turn gets money from FCC?

If you are saying what I think you are, I don't think so; I think it came out of their profit.

If you are saying what I think you are, I don't think so; I think it came out of their profit.

You are right. It came out of their profits.

Please be aware that Jim Sorenson, Sr donated over 5 million dollars to Gallaudet University from his pocket, not from Sorenson Communications.

First of all, that is very generous of James LeVoy Sorenson to give this donation to Gallaudet University. Common Sense prevails that this person like Jim LeVoy Sorenson (not Senior..) reaped some profits from his company, which is rather very huge. My big question is that what is the motivation of Mr. Sorenson to give so much money to Gallaudet University in return for what? It was my understanding that the one of the first memos written by I. King Jordan that this donation was used to build the new building to help with interpreter training programs for VRS industry. It is all about “I’ll scratch your back, and you’ll do mine…”

Deaf World as Eye See It- I Challenge You Sorenson!

Interesting thread, with constant question, suspicious, how to this one, that one spend their money? Sorenson give lots of money (profits, bad word) to Gally (big deaf-centric) university. why? support interpreter training program now that university can produce more, better interpreters. (For hearing people, you are hearing scary music now) Why is that a conspiracy? Why is that suspicious spending profits? Anyone?

Interesting thread, with constant question, suspicious, how to this one, that one spend their money? Sorenson give lots of money (profits, bad word) to Gally (big deaf-centric) university. why? support interpreter training program now that university can produce more, better interpreters. (For hearing people, you are hearing scary music now) Why is that a conspiracy? Why is that suspicious spending profits? Anyone?

Sorenson (the person, NOT the business!) gave the money so that people LIKE YOU would go "oh good heart! I'll trust them, they gave money to deaf!" That's EXACTLY what they wanted. What if they gave money to another school for an interpreter organization there, like in Utah instead? You wouldn't be as "oooh, good heart!" no matter how much they spent. So they're riding on people's love and loyalty to Gallaudet and transferring that loyalty to Sorenson VRS now. It was never "let's make the community better" it was always "let's make more money and get more profit!"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTouBb18-HY"]TDI's perspective on VRS rates[/ame] TDI is a pretty neutral organization - they're asking people to request that the FCC make sure the rate is enough for 3 items:

1) High quality VRS
2) Marketing and Outreach
3) Tech R&D

All those items are included in the rate as considered by the FCC, in my opinion. It should not be limitless outreach and R&D - that's open for abuse. So I think the rates are fair and reasonable.

TDI's perspective on VRS rates TDI is a pretty neutral organization - they're asking people to request that the FCC make sure the rate is enough for 3 items:

1) High quality VRS
2) Marketing and Outreach
3) Tech R&D

All those items are included in the rate as considered by the FCC, in my opinion. It should not be limitless outreach and R&D - that's open for abuse. So I think the rates are fair and reasonable.

Dennis, for #3, I think the money for that is separate and not from thye paid minutes, right?

Back