"Faster than speedlimits"

Teppo

Reaction score
What kind of penalties you get for overspeeding. Like if ther's 60miles speedinglimit and you drive 110miles/h. What you get. :cool2:

Depends, where?

In USA if you go 100+ miles per hour and are caught, you go to jail.

Here I believe you lose your license if driving 110 in a 60 mph speed zone.

Wirelessly posted

My friend was caught speeding at 101 mph in a 75 mph zone and was fined $125 and thats in rural area of Idaho. He didnt lose the license. :dunno:

Here I believe you lose your license if driving 110 in a 60 mph speed zone.
Here is the same. But day after tomorrow I get my drivinglicense back. Then I have to drive carefully and slower. I did overtake one nissan almera and it accelerate when I was beside it. So I have to drive much faster than in normal overtaking situation I would have been driven. I've got also speeding ticket.

Wirelessly posted

My friend was caught speeding at 101 mph in a 75 mph zone and was fined $125 and thats in rural area of Idaho. He didnt lose the license. :dunno:

State Traffic and Speed Laws

This link tells different states and what would lose a license. I think Iowa is possible just for 25 over the speed limit, and for sure if going 100mph or over.

Nice share on the link. I always assumed 100+ was reckless driving anywhere.. but it looks like it is mixed depending on location. Kind of puts sense into it as some states do not have heavy traffic.

I had done a 100+ peg a long time ago, within the first few years driving a vehicle. Just your average teen. But wow, after that first time I never tried it again. Felt hands go sweaty and goosebumps.

I got caught doing 120 in Ohio and just got a speeding ticket. It prolly depends on the cops mood.

It depends on the state and how many miles over the speed limit.

Pushing the pedal to the metal, ehh?....NASCAR might welcome you with open arms!

The highest speed I can go with my Ford F150 is 98 MPH in 70 MPH zone. :lol: That was dead night in the rural area at 0300.

Clarified in post #8.

In pretty much all of california, seems 100+ is instant jail time.

Wow, I guess I should be grateful then. I was racing 110 mph to class on a daily basis when I was 17 and was bummed when the cop caught me driving at merely 86 mph.. with no license.. nor.. permit (clears throat) anyway, I guess I lucked out!

P.S. From my experience, you can go 200 mph.. run over a few babies... and still get away with it if you are a cop (or married to one) =)

Wow, I guess I should be grateful then. I was racing 110 mph to class on a daily basis when I was 17 and was bummed when the cop caught me driving at merely 86 mph.. with no license.. nor.. permit (clears throat) anyway, I guess I lucked out!

:cool2: You daredevil, you!

I know a guy that drove in the dead night in the surburb of Las Vegas at 80 MPH in the 50 MPH zone, caught by the deputy and cost him about $500. :shock:

I know a guy that drove in the dead night in the surburb of Las Vegas at 80 MPH in the 50 MPH zone, caught by the deputy and cost him about $500. :shock:

I got pulled over in Vegas one time many years ago. I forget the speeds but I was about 10mph over the limit. The ticket I got wasn't for speeding.....it was for excessive use of fuel or something like that......Cheap fine. $20 or so

Back