False Fire alarms at Gallaudet/NTID

Oh yea...in my freshman yr at Gally of 1996 to 1997. I lived at Krug Hall and in half of 1st semster the fire alarms goes off often almost everyday. I was new to Gally so I went outside when it went off then I got tired of going outside at night so I hid in my closet until it's over then went back to bed. Many of students who lived at Krug Hall hated that and they moved to Cosgwell Hall but then in half 1st and 2nd semster it changed...Cosgwell Hall had to go thru everyday of fire alarms that we Krug Hall doesn't have deal with it everyday that we finally had no fire alarms for couple of weeks. So half of 1st semster Krug Hall got lot of it then half 1st and 2nd semster Cosgwell got lot of alarms. Ha Ha Ha. Thank god I didn't move to Cosgwell Hall.

lmao yea i was at gally jus last semester (freshman) and everyone always did the freshman dorms at like 3-5 am in the morning it was a bitch but it was funny though it's always a guarantee that there's at least one every night.. or rather, morning. i confess i did one of 'em lol i was extremely drunk... sheeit. it was my friend's birthday and he wanted somethin to remember it by lol. :shrug: i was scared shitless lmao. did it nevertheless n got away with it

I never experinced this but i have heard of the stories and its an intresting story a friend decided to revenge someone and pulled the alarm ran in and stole all thier clothes and stuff that someone came in and went to bed then when she had to wake up for classes the clothes were gone all she had on was her nightgown and she was PISSED! found out the reason why and the sweet revenge was my friend being expelled for doing that shit! Dang!

Allright...

Let's hear this...

Believe it or not.... I lived on 2nd floor at SOL (Sol Heumann Hall) where formerly DSP floor was located (it moved to fraternity building years later). Anyway, SOL got more false fire alarms than Tower A during 1999-2000 year. I was puzzled that the fact that I got more false fire alarms than Tower A. I had no idea why SOL got too many false fire alarms. Of course, I fucked it when the alarm went off and went to chat with buddies online cuz I did not want to deal with the crap again. LOL

Yes, it was true. Gally got false fire alarms at 200 times during early 1990s according to someone whom I once knew in Tucson a few years ago. I was like :jaw: .

I heard an interesting story from a several of my friends who attending RIT years earlier. It was hilarious, but embarrassment. One day, the false alarm went off. The Residential Advisor had to check every room on her floor to make sure everyone has to leave. Somehow, she knocked the door, no one responded to her knocking, so she had to open the door to check if someone was there. She noticed bathroom door was slightly ajar, she had to check it out anyway. When she opened the bathroom door, she noticed two people in the shower together behind the shower curtains, she had to wave her hand to get their attention, but no luck. RA had no choice, she had to warn them of fire alarm anway. The couple were frightened suddenly in the shower... the guy could not remove himself out from his girlfriend. RA was helpless and decided to call firemen and campus security men to do with the couple. They wrapped the couple in blanket and helped them out of the building in public. Everyone who witnessed the embarrassing incident and noticed something odd about the couple in huge blanket. Of course, the couple could not bear the public eye, they withdrew NTID next day.

Ouch.. oh boy. :eek:

Originally posted by Oddball
I heard an interesting story from a several of my friends who attending RIT years earlier. It was hilarious, but embarrassment. One day, the false alarm went off. The Residential Advisor had to check every room on her floor to make sure everyone has to leave. Somehow, she knocked the door, no one responded to her knocking, so she had to open the door to check if someone was there. She noticed bathroom door was slightly ajar, she had to check it out anyway. When she opened the bathroom door, she noticed two people in the shower together behind the shower curtains, she had to wave her hand to get their attention, but no luck. RA had no choice, she had to warn them of fire alarm anway. The couple were frightened suddenly in the shower... the guy could not remove himself out from his girlfriend. RA was helpless and decided to call firemen and campus security men to do with the couple. They wrapped the couple in blanket and helped them out of the building in public. Everyone who witnessed the embarrassing incident and noticed something odd about the couple in huge blanket. Of course, the couple could not bear the public eye, they withdrew NTID next day.

:shock: omg.. I'm sure they'll never forget that night :laugh2:

Allright...

Let's hear this...

Believe it or not.... I lived on 2nd floor at SOL (Sol Heumann Hall) where formerly DSP floor was located (it moved to fraternity building years later). Anyway, SOL got more false fire alarms than Tower A during 1999-2000 year. I was puzzled that the fact that I got more false fire alarms than Tower A. I had no idea why SOL got too many false fire alarms. Of course, I fucked it when the alarm went off and went to chat with buddies online cuz I did not want to deal with the crap again. LOL

Yes, it was true. Gally got false fire alarms at 200 times during early 1990s according to someone whom I once knew in Tucson a few years ago. I was like :jaw: .

OMG... I think that is something to remember for life. That is something that I would never want happen to me. I thought the bathrooms at NTID had lights in them for fire alarm? I guess in the heat of the moment, you don't notice the light flashing.

SVP 83/ Fall 83 ROCKS with all those false alarms!! 83 TOPS ALL Other years!
(remember 550 new/returning ntid students! )

anyone familiar with Smoke Bomb during SVP 83? (Tower B 3rd floor East) I was the one of those victims...13 ended up going to hostipal including MY own RA! he blacked out in his room after reaching the door! Rest of us was taken care of by Rochester's finest with air tanks! man... smoke inhaltions isn't funny! It makes me not want to smoke that time.

I was in gally and I flirt with one girl on hall. She push me on wall of my back hit fire alarm box and I saw flash light fire alarm. I saw everybody students out of room. We stand outside and she and I told police it just accident!

There are not many fire alarms in Tower A this year. They renovated Tower A-B-C, installed smart smoke detectors, and installed security cameras at every exit of the building. Now, people are afraid to pull the fire alarm. Even a SLT member got busted last year (or 2 years ago?) for pulling the fire alarm. So far, it seems that we've had about 5 or less fire alarms this year... unless, someone cares to prove me wrong.

Remember when I mentioned finding a couple piles of turds in the microwave? Well, the guys who did it got busted on camera and faced judicial for it.

When I was freshman at RIT (2000-2001) and this dumbfuck girl put some breads in a microwave. Of course, it got burned and we had to go outside. That wasn't her first time. She had done this like fuckin million times. I used to live on 12th @Tower A. :mad2:

THAT story i remmy!!!!! i was :laugh2: :laugh2: cuz i knew that couple would NEVER live it down -- im just glad i lived in Tower A for a year then out of there -- got TIRED of the stupid fire alarms *rme*

Originally posted by prostock19

I heard from my friend's sister, who's BF attends RIT (hearing), that Ellington Dorm is popular to pull the fire alarm. I guess it is awesome to watch all the strobes in all the rooms go off. I could only imagine.

Prostock -- Ellingston Hall is aka Tower A :)

haha.... well during my first year at gally, living in Cogswell Hall, we'd have fire alarms in the dead of the night almost every night.... it irritated the fuck out of everybody. We were told that it was due to a malfunctioning box with all the stuff inside it that regulates fire alarms. Also, students'd have their pranks. Fuck. Well, if you didn't know already.. gally has this 5 year academic suspension as punishment IF you are caught having caused the fire alarm for no reason other than fun or hazing/dare.

Krug dorm also had the same thing...

I was very into the partying scene, so I wasn't in my room much. Then I was, after I dropped the partying. This shit made me decide to live off campus for the reminder of my college years. Once is funny, but it just gets so rebundant after a while.

Last edited:
Originally posted by VamPyroX
There are not many fire alarms in Tower A this year. They renovated Tower A-B-C, installed smart smoke detectors, and installed security cameras at every exit of the building. Now, people are afraid to pull the fire alarm. Even a SLT member got busted last year (or 2 years ago?) for pulling the fire alarm. So far, it seems that we've had about 5 or less fire alarms this year... unless, someone cares to prove me wrong.

Remember when I mentioned finding a couple piles of turds in the microwave? Well, the guys who did it got busted on camera and faced judicial for it.

Yes, now halls were renovated. I heard that Tower A is like Ritz Carlton hotel like theme now. Finally it is about time. LOL I will visit RIT someday and curious the halls are looking like now.

Turds? farout. It was hilarious!!

Liza, you are right if a student in the dormitory and got caught the fire alarm for no reason, they are gonna kick that person out of Gally for 5 year and it's aint no funny shit...It sound like the story of sleeping or crying Wolf... I'm planning to go to Gally next fall, hopefully I'll enter Benson hall instead of west or north dorm cuz of my age otherwise I'll go :madfawk: at everybody to see whose smirking and I'll blame on them

pimpd, seems like students favor Clerc Hall, Carlin (Dorm 5) hall, Peet Hall, and BH... Krug and Cogswell would be like punishment. hahaha, I wouldn't be surprised with the 200 number... holy fuck. In one semester, I swear, we would get up in the middle of night every night.. even the RAs were getting NUTTY. This was back in '98-'99.

If you don't like where you live, you can talk with Student Life office to relcoate you to another dorm.. or the RAs for room reassignment in the same building. ;) Good luck with your academic years, folks!

:naughty: I can recommend good teachers to have at gally.. if YOU are nice to me!

Originally posted by Liza
pimpd, seems like students favor Clerc Hall, Carlin (Dorm 5) hall, Peet Hall, and BH... Krug and Cogswell would be like punishment. hahaha, I wouldn't be surprised with the 200 number... holy fuck. In one semester, I swear, we would get up in the middle of night every night.. even the RAs were getting NUTTY. This was back in '98-'99.

If you don't like where you live, you can talk with Student Life office to relcoate you to another dorm.. or the RAs for room reassignment in the same building. ;) Good luck with your academic years, folks!

:naughty: I can recommend good teachers to have at gally.. if YOU are nice to me!
I wouldn't dare myself to touch the fire alarm unless I see a fire on ant... :rofl: I would say I'm a nice guy... I have been attending Gally almost daily... perhap I could meet you tomorrow for lunch or something? contact me via email nozobo@juno.com... if you have AIM let me know via email so we could talk further from there... hope to hear from you...

Back