Eyeglasses

I have that, real quick as you will not notice. :)

I have astigmatism as you do.

I use Crizal lens with transitions in a Safilo's "Team 7808" (titanium) frame

I like anything made by Essilor

Ah - :ty: for the heads up.

Thanks for the links as well. I'll be sure to look through it and get an idea of how this works. :)

Reba's stretch Humvie:

stretchhummerut8.jpg

Trying to book just the right Lear. A LJ-25 is roomier, yet only a six-seater, the LJ-24 can land at Albany Airport without smoking the brakes too much.

learjet24mt7.jpg

Well, It's day 3 for me now. Apparently I'm a newbie to the eyeglasses world. :giggle:

Anyway, So far it's adjusting for the better. Today I didn't even have a headache at all and the balance is mostly all gone which is good!

Perseverance is the key! It takes me about a month to get used to the changes.

Well, It's day 3 for me now. Apparently I'm a newbie to the eyeglasses world. :giggle:

Anyway, So far it's adjusting for the better. Today I didn't even have a headache at all and the balance is mostly all gone which is good!

Glad to hear you are adjusting!

Reba's stretch Humvie:

stretchhummerut8.jpg
It'll do.

Trying to book just the right Lear. A LJ-25 is roomier, yet only a six-seater, the LJ-24 can land at Albany Airport without smoking the brakes too much.

learjet24mt7.jpg
Don't forget I travel with an entourage, and I expect the usual :bowdown: from my client when I arrive.

:D

Glad to hear that you're getting into the groove.

Don't worry; after a while you'll forget you're even wearing them. :)

Glad to hear you are adjusting!

Glad to hear that you're getting into the groove.

Don't worry; after a while you'll forget you're even wearing them. :)

Jillio and Reba -

Thank you for both of your kind words. :)

I almost had an incident today with my glasses. I think signing is hazardous! :giggle:

I was signing with a co-worker who knows ASL and somehow, my hand accidentally hit the glasses. It fell but thank god I caught it before it was able to hit the floor.

Jillio and Reba -

Thank you for both of your kind words. :)

I almost had an incident today with my glasses. I think signing is hazardous! :giggle:

I was signing with a co-worker who knows ASL and somehow, my hand accidentally hit the glasses. It fell but thank god I caught it before it was able to hit the floor.

LOL! I've knocked mine off more than once signing!

I've done that lots of times. :lol:

Usually my glasses just end up extremely askew on my face.

:lol: ... there have been times when I wanted to rub my eye 'cause it's itchy, then I poke my finger on the lens forgetting I've got my glasses on. :giggle:

My new glasses that I got it last January. My husband bought it for me. It cost about 245 dollars. I always must to have a style eyeglasses! If you can't afford for expensive glasses. You can go to Lens Crafters to get a coupon for 100 dollar off. It's good deal!
Yeah. That's what I usually do when I go to the mall. I'm a mallrat. I don't go there to shop or to work. I'm just... there. While I walk around, I will look around at special deals. Sometimes, I'll see something that I might like... then I'll go for it. Other times, I'll see something that my friends will like... then I'll email them about it.

You never know, you might see a good deal. ;)

I've done that lots of times. :lol:

Usually my glasses just end up extremely askew on my face.

I've done it a few times. In fact, my pair of eyeglasses once flew across the room while I signed. Luckily, it was still in one piece and not bent at all. Whew.

Jolie, congrats on new glasses for the first time. Now you are in the eyeglasses club. :giggle:
I have been wearing glasses for about 15 years now and I have myopia (short-sightedness).
When I first went to a college, I had problem with reading a whiteboard which teacher writes on as it was too blurry for me. One of a lady in my class said that I need a glasses and that I should go to have an eye test. That was the start of me thinking about it. Also I did notice that I couldn't read the street sign far away. By the time I got near the street, it was too late to turn. TV caption is too blurry. Anything further away is blurry. So I went in for an eyetest and yes I do need a glasses.
When I got a first pair of glasses, I couldn't wear it too often cos it gives me headache as I am not use to wearing glasses. I gradually wear it more often and now am fine.
I have my eye test every 2-3 years and get a new glasses or new lens put into my current glasses as my eyes get weaker each time. Jolie, keep that in mind that you may have to upgrade it every 2-3 yrs, you either get a new glasses or have new lens put into your current glasses. You will notice it in a few years time when things get a little harder to read.
The glasses I wear is the day/night type lens, look like sunglasses outside and clear inside. I have been wearing that type for many years now.

I got my first pair of glasses while I was in high school, sophomore year I think. Spring time. Got the transitional lenses, as I have sensitive eyes to sun light. the eye doctor I saw then said the transitional would help. PFT! outdoors, not dark enough, I need DARK sunglasses. Indoors, even if bright, transitionals are useless. But I did have magnetic clip on sunglasses, and the sunglasses were dark enough, so that was pretty cool.

I'm onto my 2nd pair now. The ear piece broke off my old pair and they couldn't fix it. So got my eyes checked, yada yada yada had a new prescription and got new glasses. Just a few months ago, January I think, I went to work, and discovered my glasses were broken (I always hang them on the front of my shirt when I wear my sun glasses and vice versa). At least the lense wasn't missing, I still had it. I started to worry I was going to have to get a new frame, and I couldn't afford it! Eye doctor (I've been going to a different eye doctor after my first pair of glasses broke) said he would do his best to fix it (sauter it, would only cost me $10 instead of $300 for the cheapest new frame). He fixed it!

Then a couple months ago, had my eyes checked as my eyes have been extra senstive again. He said my eyes were perfectly healthy. Don't need new prescription. The new prescription we ended up with, oh my gosh that was a BAD combination (I was seeing doubles right away, yikes). I decided I would keep my current glasses, and he would tint the lenses a bit so the glare from the computer screen wouldn't bother me as much, etc. The tinting has helped.

I don't need to have my glasses on all the time, but I chose to wear them all day. Helps me to read better, less headaches and eye strain. MUST have glasses when at the computer though. I can read books fine without them.

I still hang my glasses in front of my shirt. My eye doctor has never told me not to, never said anything. When I'm at work, I take my sunglasses off and leave the sunglasses on my desk, and wear my glasses. But driving and stuff, sunglasses on my face and glasses in front of my shirt. I never use the case for my glasses. but that's just me.

Back