Eyeglasses

My new glasses that I got it last January. My husband bought it for me. It cost about 245 dollars. I always must to have a style eyeglasses! If you can't afford for expensive glasses. You can go to Lens Crafters to get a coupon for 100 dollar off. It's good deal!

Vision correction is more important than style.

Very. It's washable. I forget the type of cloth, but it's very soft. I want to say velvet, but that's probably not it. I also use it to clean my moniter, too. I love the thing! :D

You will probably be given a hit to take care of your glasses. I was given the cloth, a case, and cleaning solution.

I think I have a fair idea of what cloth you are referring to. Some of the time I've seen a yellowish cloth that has been used to clean the glasses.

As for having a contact lenses - I, too, would not have the time to keep it maintained and clean. Out of curiosity, I asked the doctor about the contact lenses. She said it is best for me to get used to the glasses in the mean time and after a while, if I wanted to opt for the contact, I could get it. Although, I don't think I would because usually I'm always on the go and wouldn't have the chance to keep it maintained.

My new glasses that I got it last January. My husband bought it for me. It cost about 245 dollars. I always must to have a style eyeglasses! If you can't afford for expensive glasses. You can go to Lens Crafters to get a coupon for 100 dollar off. It's good deal!

I could have got it at Lens Crafter's but the problem is, there is no Lens Crafter's Franchise here in this town. I'm not worried because I know I'm getting the best care for my eyes.

You know my nurse from the hospital. I went to hospital for my health illness last January. My RN nurse have 5 different pairs of eyeglasses. She always wear for match on her nurse uniform. I think it's cool! She must be rich to have 5 pairs of glasses. I have only 1 pair enough. I have a RX sunglasses too.

I'll have to keep that in mind to put it in the case or leave it on my face because honestly, I'm not far by an organized person. Heck, I even lose my keys from time to time LOL

So you're saying that if the lenses were cleaned while it's dry, there are chances that any little foreign objects could be easily transferred from somewhere else and on to the lenses in order for it to be scratched? Does the lenses get scratched easily, even if nothing was done to it at all? I'm just wondering since I'm learning all about this. My mom has been wearing glasses for as long as I remember but I never had really paid attention to what she does with it because I didn't think it would concern me. Now it does.

When I was choosing out my frame, I didn't even know which one I wanted because there were so many frames to choose from. Some of them were cool but some of them were so uh.... tacky, and doesn't suit me. It's funny because when I narrowed it down to the last 2 frames, I kept looking at the mirror trying to decide between these 2. I was like - I want both of it LOL but I knew I couldn't because I can't afford having 2 of 'em. So, I was thinking "Nah, this one looks so-so" and "Yeah, That looks just great". It was so mind boggling trying to find the exact one I wanted. In the end, I chose one that I thought would suit me in the long run. You're right, I've noticed it becoming in the trend with fashion.

You have it exactly right. Small particles of dirt or other things can cause scratches when the lenses are dry. You can have a coating put on that will help with scratches, but it doesn't make them scratch proof, just helps to protect them. And the coating can also be scratched, so they still recommend no dry cleaning.

As long as I have been wearing glasses, I always have trouble picking out new frames. I like to have a friend with me whose judgement I trust to help me.

Very. It's washable. I forget the type of cloth, but it's very soft. I want to say velvet, but that's probably not it. I also use it to clean my moniter, too. I love the thing! :D

You will probably be given a hit to take care of your glasses. I was given the cloth, a case, and cleaning solution.

I use mine for my computer moniter and PDA, too. It is soft black cloth that looks kind of like velvet, but not as thick. That same eye doctor I referred to earlier use to use cloth baby diapers in his office for cleaning lenses.

I have never worn contacts for the simple fact that they would be a nightmare for me. I'm almost blind without my glasses. I can see me trying to find a dropped contact without my glasses on, and only one contact in.

Uh, no thanks. :ugh2:

LOL, sometimes I need my glasses to find my glasses!

LOL, sometimes I need my glasses to find my glasses!

You know what's scary? Me too! I'm NOT kidding you! When I take my glasses off before I go to bed at night, I put them in the same place every time, so I can find them in the morning. If I place them elsewhere, I need someone ELSE to find my glasses because I can't see them! :lol:

I went to pick up the eyeglasses at the optical center yesterday. They gave me a case, cleaning solution and also a cloth. The cloth is micro-fiber. You're right, it is very soft and it feels like a velvet but it isn't.

Anyway, When I walked out for the first time wearing the glasses - WHOA! It was like a huge difference. I could read everything far ahead and see things clearly far ahead. I was curious to test it out and wore it upclose. That was a bad decision. :lol: It made everything so small and it made me feel like everything was like a double zoom. It also threw me off balance as well.

The funny thing is - I was driving on my way to home from work and I was sort of fooling around with my eyeglasses. I was lowering it down and could see things far ahead were a blur but when I put it back on in the rightful place, things are so crystal clear. It's amazing how a simple thing like eyeglasses can really do the works.

I went to pick up the eyeglasses at the optical center yesterday. They gave me a case, cleaning solution and also a cloth. The cloth is micro-fiber. You're right, it is very soft and it feels like a velvet but it isn't.

Anyway, When I walked out for the first time wearing the glasses - WHOA! It was like a huge difference. I could read everything far ahead and see things clearly far ahead. I was curious to test it out and wore it upclose. That was a bad decision. :lol: It made everything so small and it made me feel like everything was like a double zoom. It also threw me off balance as well.

The funny thing is - I was driving on my way to home from work and I was sort of fooling around with my eyeglasses. I was lowering it down and could see things far ahead were a blur but when I put it back on in the rightful place, things are so crystal clear. It's amazing how a simple thing like eyeglasses can really do the works.

Yep!

Glad you can see better! :)

Yes Jolie! it does make a big difference, doesn't it!? :)

Yep!

Glad you can see better! :)

Thank You. :)

Yes Jolie! it does make a big difference, doesn't it!? :)

It definitely does! I'm just glad that I no longer have to squint my eyes all the time when I'm trying to see something far ahead and to be able to read things clearly. ;)

EDIT - By the way, If anyone wants to share their experience of wearing eyeglasses/and or contact lens, feel free to post in here. Whether it's awful or funny or awesome, let's hear it. :)

i dont using glasses because my eyes looks perfect when i went to eye doctor for check-up and the eye doctor says i dont need using glasses or eye contact because im young but i can using sunglasses.

my mom using glasses for longtimes and she using contact for while but my mom hardly see at me what im saying when my mom using eye contact that not so easy for my mom!

my dad never using glasses nor eye contact but my dad usually read glasses for books what he wanted it.

my Aunts using eyeglasses sometimes when have eye contacts oftens for years.

many million people who dont using eye contact all the times but usually glasses every years and some people who still eye contact and eye glasses both.

my step-sister using glasses and eye contact all the times but sometimes she using eye contact for work and home both also.

Hi Sara

You're so lucky about never wear a glasses. I had a bad lucky to wear a glasses since I was 7 due to copied from tv show. The lady who wear a glasses. That's why I got glasses. Just a happened. I do have contact lenses. I can't wear without glasses because of blurring in letters. But I can see the sign language without glasses. I want to get a vision surgery in the future. Because I has RP disease. I have a style glasses to match on my hair and face.

My mom have been using glasses for long times either. She do have a contact lenses.

Your dad is lucky. My dad is wearing glasses all the times.

Yeah that's right. But the most people wear a contact lenses for school, working, party, whatever they want to wear it. They like to wear a contact lenses for all day. Until night, They want to get contact lenses off and switch to glasses for rest in their eyes.

It always amazes me everytime a I get a new prescription how much brighter and sharper everything looks. Even colors seem to be brighter. If I look at a tree, I can actually see the edges of the individual leaves instead of a big green blob on the top of a brown thing. And, I do the fiddle thing with my glasses when I get new ones, too. I call it the "I can't see it, I can see it" game, LOL.

Glad you are happy with your new glasses. Oh, and the balance thing should go away after a few days.

It always amazes me everytime a I get a new prescription how much brighter and sharper everything looks. Even colors seem to be brighter. If I look at a tree, I can actually see the edges of the individual leaves instead of a big green blob on the top of a brown thing. And, I do the fiddle thing with my glasses when I get new ones, too. I call it the "I can't see it, I can see it" game, LOL.

Glad you are happy with your new glasses. Oh, and the balance thing should go away after a few days.

Yeah. For me, it's a rather unpleasant experience at first. :lol: I am light sensitive, so sunlight bothers my eyes. I always have to use my shades to protect my eyes from the sun until I get used to how I see things with the new pair of glasses.

I don't know if other people have this problem, or if it's just me. :dunno:

:lol:

My lenses have ... what's the word? that changes when I go outside in the sun. I've always had those which I love as I find the extra sun-shades to clip-on your glasses a nuisance.

Yeah. For me, it's a rather unpleasant experience at first. :lol: I am light sensitive, so sunlight bothers my eyes. I always have to use my shades to protect my eyes from the sun until I get used to how I see things with the new pair of glasses.

I don't know if other people have this problem, or if it's just me. :dunno:

Not just you....I use tinted lenses because of my light sensitivity. Even bright artifical light bothers me.

:lol:

My lenses have ... what's the word? that changes when I go outside in the sun. I've always had those which I love as I find the extra sun-shades to clip-on your glasses a nuisance.

Photosensitive coating?

Back