EVIDENCE of being deaf with Hearing Aid device

Status
Not open for further replies.
volcomskatz said:
Cloggy, I hope you would like it. Snoopy is good show. :)

Snoopy.jpg

Got to love him.... THANKS!

Cloggy said:
I see, you mean the electrode! I thought you meant some problem with the stitches. :)

Yeh, residual hearing is lost when the electrode is inserted. (*)
But then, the reason for the CI would have been that there was hardly anything left.
(* most of the times - someone here can still hear with the imlanted ear)

Yea, only in few cases.

I know that few cases have problem with CI, such as not work or cannot hear, it depends on medical reason that can affect ears. If electrode was remove from surgery then it wouldn't work, also extremely risky to do it.

volcomskatz said:
Yea, only in few cases.

I know that few cases have problem with CI, such as not work or cannot hear, it depends on medical reason that can affect ears. If electrode was remove from surgery then it wouldn't work, also extremely risky to do it.
There is no need to remove the electrode. Medically it causes no problems. Mentally it might, having the CI still implanted, but as said, that's all "between the ears".

Cloggy said:
There is no need to remove the electrode. Medically it causes no problems. Mentally it might, having the CI still implanted, but as said, that's all "between the ears".

I believe that if electrode was remove then I will become more brain damage or probably lose ability, such as lose control or my body cannot control it.

volcomskatz said:
I have explain again...

1) Before get CI on right ear, I used hear so well with HA in right ear then it wasn't work after got CI.

2) My left ear is no CI then I can hear so well with HA.

I recalled that you had an accident with your skateboard i think at age of 9 messed up your CI.. now different story.... WHAT'S GOING ON??

SxyPorkie said:
I recalled that you had an accident with your skateboard i think at age of 9 messed up your CI.. now different story.... WHAT'S GOING ON??

You misunderstood, I got accident in 2002 or 2003, after quit to wear CI.

LinuxGold said:
Hmm... not only ASL, PSE or CI. Anything will do. hmm... I guess reading books and writing will help with education, not only with spoken language (ASL).

Oh well, works for my life and few others.

you are RIGHT... reading books helps alot... I am a bookworm...

Cloggy said:
I'm confused.
It sounds as if you can hear well with the HA and that your right ear got implanted.
When you hearn well, you're not a candidate for CI. And if you were, they wouldn't implant the good ear when your HA is on the other.

Again, you need to clarify this..

Are you wearing HA's, do you have CI?

YOU ARE RIGHT!! I am confused too...I remembered he said he had CI when he was little boy.. then had an accident from skateboard messing up his CI.. now it did not work,... I AM CONFUSED...

SxyPorkie :dunno:

greema said:
Wasn't he originally TripplA (I know I spelled that wrong) and he had said something about going through some kind of catscan or mri without removing something and the CI got ruined? I know I've read something like that in one of the threads a while back. :dunno:
Volcumskatz (again I am sure I spelled it wrong too) -- is that right?

You spelled RIGHT... he is TrippLa

SxyPorkie

SxyPorkie said:
YOU ARE RIGHT!! I am confused too...I remembered he said he had CI when he was little boy.. then had an accident from skateboard messing up his CI.. now it did not work,... I AM CONFUSED...

SxyPorkie :dunno:
He had a MRI after his skateboard accident and then his CI got ruined by MRI. Hope you are getting it ;)

SxyPorkie, You need hush up your mouth. I would haven't wasting my time to explain.

I got CI when I was 11 years old (1999) and got accident when I was 15 years old (2003).

ButterflyGirl said:
He had a MRI after his skateboard accident and then his CI got ruined by MRI. Hope you are getting it ;)

Yea, that right.

volcomskatz said:
SxyPorkie, You need hush up your mouth. I would haven't wasting my time to explain.

I got CI when I was 11 years old (1999) and got accident when I was 15 years old (2003).
But you stopped using CI before you got the accident - right? When was that?

Cloggy said:
But you stopped using CI before you got the accident - right? When was that?

Yea, that right.

volcomskatz said:
What year did you stop using it?

You might want to talk to your surgeon- having the CI electrode removed from your cochlea won't result in brain damage.

Cloggy said:
What year did you stop using it?

2002... I was stopped to wear when I was enters freshmen at high school.

neecy said:
You might want to talk to your surgeon- having the CI electrode removed from your cochlea won't result in brain damage.

I'm too scared and don't want get multi-scars... :Ohno:

neecy said:
we have been there before discussing that with him ages ago :)

volcomskatz said:
I'm too scared and don't want get multi-scars... :Ohno:

Again - I wouldn't worry - I had my CI implanted last year and you can't even see where my skin was cut - its already faded and its behind the ear so nobody can see anything. Talk to your surgeon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back