EVIDENCE of being deaf with Hearing Aid device

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Cheri was talking about was deaf people not accepting themselves for what they are - Ive seen some that were like that... one even said that he would kill himself because he was deaf.

Me? I was born deaf - and I LOVE it. I love being able to turn my BTE aid whenever I dont want to hear the nattering of hearing people, when I don't want to have to listen to loud noises, music I don't like, clattering machinery and all that...

I dont have to worry about not being able to understand my friends from a distance - all I have to do is read his/her waving arms and I know what they're saying to me!

I dont have to worry about not understand anything in a crowded, noisy meeting room - the interpreters are doing the job of getting the information for me.

I do feel bad for those who will not accept that they're deaf...and would rather live in a world of silence and anger - anger that they take out on other people, especially those they love(???) and animals.

Ive seen a deaf man beat his car up because he couldnt hear.

Ive seen a deaf woman scream at her boyfriend because she was deaf.

Ive seen a deaf person kill a dog because of deafness. No, I was not able to get there on time - it happened too fast and it still haunts me.

The problem is here - ACCEPTANCE.

DreamDeaf said:
The problem is here - ACCEPTANCE.

BINGO! People complain that CIs are going to wipe out the Deaf community, but I disagree. I think that the lack of acceptance that you mentioned is going to be what ultimately drives people out of the Deaf community. How can you (all-inclusive) expect people with CIs to learn sign and want to socialize with other d/Deaf people if they see things like "CIs are evil"?

Good post, DD. :)

neecy said:
I have totally accepted the fact that I'm deaf. Its a fact of life for me. That doesn't mean it has to be the END of sound though. The fact I have a CI doesn't mean I'm afraid of my deafness or ashamed of it - it simply means I enjoy the benefit of being able to hear *WHEN I WEAR IT* (I added this, of course since several people love to throw the accusation that we who wear CI's consider ourselves normal hearing people.) I identify myself as deaf, I make no bones about it, I don't try to hide that fact, and it doesn't embarass me.

I'm living my life *exactly the way I want it* too! I never introduce myself to new people as a hearing person. I tell them I'm deaf and have a CI which helps me hear better.

I'm latened deaf with a CI. My attitude about it is not audist at all. Why should I have to use labels in order to "prove" to Deaf Culturalists that I'm not ashamed of my deafness? I should't have to use the term "d/Deaf" to make people happy - when I'm the person whose happiness matters the most to me :)

Amen!! Amen!! I completely agree with you. Only is this CI is like a very powerful hearing aids for people who cant benefit with HA. We already have appreciate our Deafness. I am proud to be Deaf, yes but I also want to able to communicate in somewhat hearing world. I will never remove my Deaf Identify if I am qualify for CI. :cheers:

*scratching head*

What I was trying to say is that SOME deaf people DO NOT ACCEPT the fact that they ARE DEAF.

Momoftwo said:
Ouch.....

See.....CI causes many people to feel very painful because of the arguments....see....CI is so evil....that's why God did NOT plan on CI. CI really hurts so many deaf people due to their identities.

F O R G E T about CI.. Why can't you quit discussing about CI? I wish that CI is not here so that way everyone would feel peace and happy!

I don't think my CI is evil, and I will happily continue discussing it. Might I suggest if you hate reading about CI's you stay out of this section of the forum?

*throw 2 pennies into the water foluation.. (sp)

Agreed!
Speaking Ci is not iteself as condiser Hearing.. but it's still DEAF/deaf

DreamDeaf said:
*scratching head*

What I was trying to say is that SOME deaf people DO NOT ACCEPT the fact that they ARE DEAF.

Yeah I know... :roll:

This looks like that anyone with CI
do NOT accept his/her deafness.

Simple.

I think it is very critical to let these parents
with deaf children know that hearing these bird singing
or hearing these Fart sounds (pfffft) do NOT
enhance their education level anyway.

"Being able to hear" does NOT make you more educated
and/or "Being able to hear" does NOT make you
become more intelligent neither.

that's why God did NOT plan on CI.

Excuse me, but I happen to believe everything that humankind has achieved is by the grace of GOD.. so, yes CI too.

Fuzzy

Y said:
This looks like that anyone with CI
do NOT accept his/her deafness.

Simple.

YES YES YES!!!!!! Those deaf people with CI have problems to accept their deafness.

I am fully accepted that I'm deaf AND I don't have the CI. I don't need it. I'm very happy!

Sorry to say that CI is still so evil! God wants to see deaf people to accept His plans for people who are deaf. It's all about acceptance as DreamDeaf mentioned - exactly!

Audiofuzzy said:
Excuse me, but I happen to believe everything that humankind has achieved is by the grace of GOD.. so, yes CI too.

Fuzzy

No! God did NOT plan on CI. Too bad! Hey, that's because you work with CI so you have to defend it. I don't care what you believe because I am telling you from my own experience that I am deaf SINCE BIRTH. You are NOT.

See....this is so horrible because CI makes people angry and that is NOT what God wants that.

Too bad!

Momoftwo said:
No! God did NOT plan on CI. Too bad! Hey, that's because you work with CI so you have to defend it. I don't care what you believe because I am telling you from my own experience that I am deaf SINCE BIRTH. You are NOT.

See....this is so horrible because CI makes people angry and that is NOT what God wants that.

Too bad!

How do you actually know this is not what God want? God provide tools to help people needs and CI happen to be one of these tools

Do you wear hearing aids?

I don't have CI and I don't work with CI. And CI subject seem to be making angry certain kind of people only.. untolerant people.

Fuzzy

^Angel^ said:
How do you actually know this is not what God want? God provide tools to help people needs and CI happen to be one of these tools

Do you wear hearing aids?

Yes, I do have a hearing aid but I don't wear it anymore.

CI is way too invasive procedure. CI is a man-made tool which MEANS that God has to do NOTHING with this CI - that was NOT his plans. Look at so many so awful comments like CI debating war and it doesn't stop right there and what's more it really HURTS many deaf people's feelings because many hearing people really want deaf people hear and that hurts their feelings. God made people deaf and LEAVE it alone - don't fix their hearings but doctors fixed deaf people to hear which is CI. CI makes you like hearing person but when u take the CI off, then you'll be deaf but it hurts people's feelings because they really care about their hearings rather than their own identities.

I don't care if CI is the tool to help them hear better.

CI is simply a TERRIBLE idea - it hurts to your soul.

OK, Angel?

Too bad!

Hard of Hearing

I am hard of hearing person. I am fine me being as hard of hearing. I wear hearing aids to help me hear and I don't need the CI.

CI is a man-made tool which MEANS that God has to do NOTHING with this CI

The clothes we wear are man-made.. should we stop wearing them because God himself didn't make it?
HA are man made too... so are glasses, artificial limbs, wheelchairs, pacemakers(for heart) cars, telephones, TV, computers... you are on the computer, aren't you?

Fuzzy

Audiofuzzy said:
I don't have CI and I don't work with CI. And CI subject seem to be making angry certain kind of people only.. untolerant people.

Fuzzy

Then why do you use "audiofuzzy" as your username? It seems very clear to me that you work as audiologist. And what's more you seem to know so much about CI even though you are hearing. Sooooo.....

CI did not make me angry. I am not against CI but I simply think that CI is a terrible tool because it hurts other people's souls. When I learned about CI in years ago, I was feeling hurt because hearing people think being deaf is so horrible. Being deaf is NOT horrible. I'm very proud of myself because being deafness is a huge challenge and I handled it very well and I worked very hard to overcome and worked with hearing people all in my life. I praised to me.

I think you simply don't get it. Once more, CI really HURTS many deaf people's feelings BECAUSE hearing people think that deaf is so horrible. For those deaf people with CI have not fully accepted that they are deaf. Many of my intelligent deaf friends felt hurt when they heard about CI but later on, they defeat it and won't take CI.

I've said it enough.

daffy93 said:
I am hard of hearing person. I am fine me being as hard of hearing. I wear hearing aids to help me hear and I don't need the CI.

GOOD for you!!!!:) It shows that you are a strong person to handle it and accept the fact.

Audiofuzzy said:
The clothes we wear are man-made.. should we stop wearing them because God himself didn't make it?
HA are man made too... so are glasses, artificial limbs, wheelchairs, pacemakers(for heart) cars, telephones, TV, computers... you are on the computer, aren't you?

Fuzzy

EVERYTHING IS man-made!

God made people deaf and LEAVE deaf people alone - don't need them to be fixed!

Computer doesn't belong to your body. Deaf is in your body.

You don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back