Everything about iPhone

Evo, thanks but maybe I was not clear; the kind of case I want is leather and is the clip on type, you know, the kind you clip on your pants. Must fit in a case with a silicone bumper on the phone. Most clip-on cases have an exact fit without the bumper.....

Actually, I never had one. I used with BB and SK but not with iPhone. It's REALLY that strong and can withstand being sit on. Since it's small enough, I put it in my pocket. I don't think I know of any iphone that broke due to being sit on.

I don't think you can find a clipon with the protective case. There is a clipon but it requries iphone naked.

you want full armor? Ballistic nerfs your iPhone 4 with protective case shell - Mobile Magazine

ballistic.jpg

Last edited:
Tousi, take a look at universal cases perhaps? A bit larger and maybe it'll fit with the bumper.
Sure I can understand the frustration that "it's not made solely for ip4" but seems like the only route to go if you want complete control over your products without having to bug manufacturers or wait them out.

Talking about apps on iPhone, I heard a rumor (back somewhere in the engineering dept) was talking about designing new application that will have picture ID on iPhone and use blue tooth technology for security entrance, you know to open the door to go in specific room. So, that way you don't have to worry about carrying around the ID tag and security card. Just put all that on iPhone with clip on holster. The only draw back, if the battery died, you are stuck in a room of going no where. LOL. If you lost the iPhone, we can easily sent commands to iPhone to completely wiped out the system.

Interesting thought....

Talking about apps on iPhone, I heard a rumor (back somewhere in the engineering dept) was talking about designing new application that will have picture ID on iPhone and use blue tooth technology for security entrance, you know to open the door to go in specific room. So, that way you don't have to worry about carrying around the ID tag and security card. Just put all that on iPhone with clip on holster. The only draw back, if the battery died, you are stuck in a room of going no where. LOL. If you lost the iPhone, we can easily sent commands to iPhone to completely wiped out the system.

Interesting thought....

Also, Viper Smart Start iPhone App: Start Your Car with Your iPhone. If the battery died or lost. you have to call emergency locksmith.

viper-smart-start-iphone-app.jpg

Viper Smart Start iPhone App: Start Your Car with Your iPhone | Walyou

Interesting thought....
BlackBerry device, too
schlage-link-remote-deadlock.jpg

I don't want to use iphone or mobile device to unlock/lock doors. I think it's a bit overkill. Don't you think so?

I don't want to use iphone or mobile device to unlock/lock doors. I think it's a bit overkill. Don't you think so?

Well, the way the trend is going seems like they're using mobiles to do everything.
The only way around it is not give in the first place (and prevent them from going further)

it is overkill. I was laughing about the "Geek" team trying to come up with all kind of ideas. You know we have "GTT" team in our dept. What GTT stand for? "Geek Think Tank". It's comical name but it's a true business. They are the one that have "GFE" equipments. GFE stand for Government Funded Equipments"... 130 servers... and we just had a bad power outage week ago and the 5 Tera Bytes NAS server was shot. The team been begging to GOV get UPS or additional NAS for back up ..... then this sh*t happen. So... I'm in no area for that. I just wait till GOV asked me what I recomended.

I rather to use just a simple card that I can swiped instead of fiddling with iPhone, pressing home button and wait to activated then swipe the "missing Blue Tooth" to communicate the system.

Right. Some things just don't make sense. Especially, if that tech is going obseolute in few years and you don't have any support for that.

Carrier company is offering zoned AC software where you can control AC in each room using internet or software and it sounds so good but I am worried that since they don't have an open source or API, if I upgrade to a new Windows or Mac version and render that incompatible, then it would make A/C useless.

TV on frig? Please, frig lasts much longer than TV itself. Why bother to get one?!?! Same with a lot of appliances. As long as there's no open source on communication with devices, then it won't be any of use.

Oh yes, when I was going to replace the blinking bulb on my car, I was appalled at HOW impossible it is to replace it. It was extremely convoluted and unnecessary. Ford should know better not to complicate repairs. It's not that hard to just leave enough space for a light bulb to be replaced but no, they complicated it.

new hot iPhone device in future? so funny.. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FuCRuXLzSw[/ame] some of youtube videos has been removed by violence for terms of service and agreement as copyrights. copy codes won't work here. go search "Futurama - eyePhone" in youtubes.

LOL! I love the video , "I don't care!" after being told that EVO is cheaper, flexible, etc...

Back