Ever talk to yourself?

Uh... there's nothing wrong with talking to plants, but you do realize that the whole "they can sense your magical emotion energies and grow better when you have a good chat" thing isn't true, right? It's been thoroughly disproven many times.

I believe this was covered on Mythbusters... *hunts for video*

I always talk to myself. And I also talk to my pets.

I live alone, so sometimes while I'm sitting at the computer I'll just start conversing with my chinchilla. It probably would seem quite crazy to anyone observing that.

Don't be ridiculous! There is no such a imaginary friend. I talk to my stuffed tiger name Hobbes. He understood me!

Yes, if I am in my vehicle driving alone with the windows up and A/C cranked to full blast. My windows are tinted so it's highly unlikely I'll get busted talking to myself. Plus I have a habit of using the speakerphone function on my iPhone when I'm talking to someone and driving at the same time. So if it's someone that knows me, they simply assume I'm talking on the phone. If it's a stranger, they can assume I'm singing along to the radio.

I don't call it 'talking to myself', I call it, 'thinking out loud'.

I talk to myself, to the computer, to the mirror ( often saying things that I wish I could tell someone but can't ), alone in the car, watching T.V. Also there are times were I don't speak at all since I wake up. Since usually I'm alone in the house, there's no one to talk to. And when I do find someone to talk my voice sounds rough from lack of use during the day. I talk to my pets as well. I like to think that even if they could talk, they'd keep my secrets cause they want to.

I won't shut up when talking to me. My mind is always yammering away at me.

Yep, I talked to myself in the car out loud when no one was in the car. I usually waited until the car passed me by. I talked out of frustration with something I need doing or if my husband and I had a disagreement on something that bugs me. I do the same thing in the bathroom in the house only that I don't talk out loud as I would be signing ASL to myself, which mean my husband can not hear me, I think. :P

I think that talking out loud or silently would help get out of your systems like anger or frustration with the world which really help not get bottle up the anger inside of you. I really don't mind talking to myself. It felt good to get the release paradox (not sure of spelling) . You don't want to have a bottle up anger inside the paradox box, eh? :hmm:

The great thing about talking to myself is that I "hear" every single word that is said - without lip-reading too!!! Never able to do this with anybody else :lol:

Back