Ever talk to yourself?

Talking to myself

Let me first say that I have, since grade school (like 3rd grade) hummed and sang out loud in class. OK with that said..When I became deaf, I have this thing called memory recall, not verbal hallucinations a real diagnosis. This is where I constantly hear things in my head, full conversations of ppl talking to each other, I do at times, get involved in those conversations, out loud.
I still hum and sing...laughing..and I hear my MOM call my name and I answer sometimes I will talk to her about a problem and I will hear some kind of response, maybe not from her. Hmmmm.. are ya gettin this? I also have a man who is constantly whistling in my head...I always talk out loud to him...a greeting or I ask who he is...He usually comes around when i am confused about something. The driving thing is a comfort to me. no radio playing of course, but me singing out loud, faces, dancing..laughing....ppl probaby think I'm having a psychotic break. laughing..I usually know the voices of all the ppl I hear on my head, some alive, some not. and I do ask them how they are..or thank them for something they did that I never got a chance to say thank you for...I have no imaginary friends...I know them all except the "whistling man" but I am sure I know him, just perhaps from long ago. I see nothing wrong with these conversations and have been sent to several psychiatrist who assure me I am not hallucinating, so Yay.Midnight♥♥♥

"what would ya do if I sang outta' tune....
would you stand up and walk out on me?
lend me your ear, and I'll sing you a song..
and I'll try not to sing out of key.."
"yeah I get by with a little help from my friends" (TY Fab4)

I admit it.. I talk to myself sometimes while I am driving to/from work. I have these little conversations in my head and don't realize that I am actually moving my lips and making facial gestures.

Also, sometimes I practice my fingerspelling by picking words on a billboard as I drive by and then trying to fingerspell it as fast as I can.

I've been caught by people in other cars many many many times.......most recently, yesterday morning!

Do you ever do anything like this?

Yeppers, I do. I talk to myself, to my computer, sometimes to the T.V news.:giggle: My dad used to do the same thing...I thought it was genetic!:P

Something else I have discovered I do. For instance, when I am at the clinic, if I am busy doing something and someone comes in and asks me a question, I answer them in sign. I guess because I am already in visual mode on my computer, or looking something up in reference materials, I just automatically continue in that visual mode. My co-workers are constantly saying, "Damn it, Jill, speak English!"

If someone saw me talking out loud I tell them I am talking to my dog!! I will something swear while driving and have no idea how loud I am until another driver looks at me!!

When I was a girl, the mirror was my best friend. I wasn't allowed to have friends or go past my front yard, I was always left home alone. So, I talked to my mirror as if talking to the other me. I find myself doing it from time to time.

I do talk to myself out loud from time to time when no one is around.....

Am I crazy?

When I was a girl, the mirror was my best friend. I wasn't allowed to have friends or go past my front yard, I was always left home alone. So, I talked to my mirror as if talking to the other me. I find myself doing it from time to time.

I do talk to myself out loud from time to time when no one is around.....

Am I crazy?

Nope. Just using a coping skill you developed as a child.

I've been busted for it far more times than I care to admit. I just like to prove myself wrong.

I have conversations with myself, and full blown arguments. I also sign entire conversations to myself! And sometimes I find myself thinking in sign as well as words! O.o Anybody else find that?

I talk to myself quite a bit. Both out loud and quietly in my head. I do answer my own questions and I also have "talks" with others and how I would perceive them to answer. I know that when I am more stressed, that I tend to do it more often than when relaxed. Also, I do it a lot when I am bored to tears. When I feel that I need to just lash out and really complain just to calm down, I will talk and argue with a teddy bear. She will never tell a soul what I said. Filomena is the best!

Same here - I talk to myself too, even...uhhh, in ASL too :shock: (no wonder!)

Wirelessly posted

I never talk to myself
Yes you do
No I don't
Yes you do

Ooops sorry where was I?

I do and sometime I talked to my veggie plants when any bugs crawled on it. I said I am care of and take the bastard bugs out! :whistle:

I talk to myself all time for years. I was frequently busted by my dad even though he did not know what I was talking about!! :giggle: But, unfortunately, finally, a friend busted me talking to myself in my car a few years ago. :squint:

I do and sometime I talked to my veggie plants when any bugs crawled on it. I said I am care of and take the bastard bugs out! :whistle:

There's nothing wrong with talking to plants. It has been proven countless times that they respond well to good emotions, so by all means, talk away while working around them! :)

It is been proven that talking to your plants help them grow better! My daughter had a friend that did an experience with some plants ! She grew some plants and was very nice to and spoke to hem and that other plants where not spoken to! The plant tat where spoken to did better!

I use to but I got. tired of listening. Blah blah blah I never shut up. And it's always the same old shit.

Now I've gone to leaving myself notes.

There's nothing wrong with talking to plants. It has been proven countless times that they respond well to good emotions, so by all means, talk away while working around them! :)

It is been proven that talking to your plants help them grow better! My daughter had a friend that did an experience with some plants ! She grew some plants and was very nice to and spoke to hem and that other plants where not spoken to! The plant tat where spoken to did better!

Uh... there's nothing wrong with talking to plants, but you do realize that the whole "they can sense your magical emotion energies and grow better when you have a good chat" thing isn't true, right? It's been thoroughly disproven many times.

I talk to myself at most time, especially in car and sitting at home.

Back