Ever have an Audi that you just didn't like?

I want to point out that she had legit issues about racism just like deaf have legit issues with audism.

And when I said that i'd hate to be called elly or ells; this is from the hearing and not the deaf.. Nothing to do with pronouncation but rather what what I'd rather be called.

I don't like to be called Liz & the only person I let call me that was my new dentist when I was 12. Wasn't going to correct him. :giggle:

way too strong huh? well that type always work for my severe loss LOL but I only work with the full BTE, not in the canal type. just one with an earmold attached :D

There were different one in other offices, but the insurance had us go to a specific location. Also VR sent me to the same location as the kids Medicaid. I am assuming he still owns them. We left Missouri 2 years ago, and 2 years before that, we left that area. None of us wear hearing aids any longer. Kids hated theirs and mine met an untimely demise, but now they would not help at all.

Found out that this owner/audi sold most of his locations. Out of 35, he now only has 3. It is he and his brother who are both audi's.

Hell YES change your audi and do this immediately, you have no time to waste on other people feeling and the CI or hearing aid is all about you and only you, if you don't like your audi or dr change them, they need to learn the etiquette of communication if they can't let them get FIRED, why would you care, this woman will find so many jobs opening for her, you are the only one will get hurt.
I had same experience with my hearing aid audi, more than one were so so, never liked them until I landed on one 8 years or more back and would drive 40 miles one way to see her even for the tube problem, now when I had to get my CI I went to top CI center in Los Angeles but didn't feel that the dr (who is pretty famous) was for me, he was so arrogant and talked to me for 30 seconds about the CI surgery and kept the door open like he wanted to jump off outside any second, I had to travel to Baltimore, MD to Johns Hopkins and get my CI and follow ups there, yes it cost me more but I couldn't be happier, I now pay a big CI success story due to this wise decision I made.
If the CI dr or audi are not up to your standards fire them and go somewhere else, if you can't go somewhere else then ask for a new different audi until you like her/him, remember the CI will need a lot of mapping unlike hearing aids the mapping is grueling process and needs a nice and an understanding audi if this one can hardly smile or communicate now, how do you expect her to act when you complain about some weird sounds you are hearing with your CI or the fact that the map is not right
Take your time please, do what best for you.

I had some audi I didn't like and one of them stand out much more than others I didn't like. It was man and it was in adult department, it was my 1st year there from moving children department. He was setting me up with new digital hearing aids and kept asking is that better, do you like it, is that better than before or worse. I kept on saying I can't tell. I am way TOO deaf to tell any difference between one setting from another. Audi lost his patient and said to me (I think from what I can lipead) COME on girl!! It is NOT that hard, use your ears! You must be able to tell the difference!

Since that audi man I avoided him whenever I can. Just couple of months later I stopped wearing aids completely cos no use for them (not because of him).

I had some audi I didn't like and one of them stand out much more than others I didn't like. It was man and it was in adult department, it was my 1st year there from moving children department. He was setting me up with new digital hearing aids and kept asking is that better, do you like it, is that better than before or worse. I kept on saying I can't tell. I am way TOO deaf to tell any difference between one setting from another. Audi lost his patient and said to me (I think from what I can lipead) COME on girl!! It is NOT that hard, use your ears! You must be able to tell the difference!

Since that audi man I avoided him whenever I can. Just couple of months later I stopped wearing aids completely cos no use for them (not because of him).

Oh that's a horrible experience, what kind of an audi says "come on girl" comment, it's like you have anything to do with this, didn't he see your hearing test and could tell, how idiot is he.
Are you a CI candidate? what are you using now?

Oh that's a horrible experience, what kind of an audi says "come on girl" comment, it's like you have anything to do with this, didn't he see your hearing test and could tell, how idiot is he.
Are you a CI candidate? what are you using now?

He knew I am profoundly Deaf but I don't think he meets many young people are deaf cos adult department full of old people with hard of hearing. Most deaf children stop going audi after they get too old for children department (21 max age) after they go adults 1-5 times. I am one of those. Went 3 times then just stopped.

I am defo in CI range (100-120dB) but I don't want CI because I don't like sounds and noise and it just very distracting so CI won't suit me. Also in children department keeps telling my parents every couple of years CI are not suited to me cos my brain is very deaf, don't cope with sounds well. CI be waste of time, won't learn speech sounds etc.

Now I wear nothing. So nice and peaceful and brain feels free after so many years forced wearing hearing aids growing up by schools and my parents. Hearing aids sounds is like noise going on, on, on, on, on, on, etc. Like worse sound you hate repeating all times and no break and pounding your brain.

Back