Encourage Rosetta Stone to make ASL product

Been there done that. Thanks for the link though. Hopefully others will request it too and maybe RS will include sign language.

How much does Rosetta stone language system cost, and how much would they charge for ASL?

How much does Rosetta stone language system cost, and how much would they charge for ASL?
They sell up to $1,000+ - not cheap. If they decided to sell ASL ones, they will probably price them the same. :roll:

I'm not sure but if you visit their website you should be able to get pricing. As far as ASL goes they have not offered it yet so I have no idea what they would charge for it.

Here is a link to their site if you are interested.
Language Learning with Rosetta Stone

For a set of Korean, 1,2, and 3 it is $539. This about what my older daughter told me when she went to look for ASL as she wanted to learn it more thoroughly . I think for ASL it might have lower # buyers, hence even higher price.

For a set of Korean, 1,2, and 3 it is $539. This about what my older daughter told me when she went to look for ASL as she wanted to learn it more thoroughly . I think for ASL it might have lower # buyers, hence even higher price.
You are probably right. Supply and demand.

Back when I started learning ASL, the first thing I looked into was a Rosetta Stone series. Imagine my disappointment when I found out there was no such thing. :(

Pashto? Seriously, Rosetta? :roll: Couldn't find room on your roster for ASL but you could for Pashto?

Back when I started learning ASL, the first thing I looked into was a Rosetta Stone series. Imagine my disappointment when I found out there was no such thing. :(

Pashto? Seriously, Rosetta? :roll: Couldn't find room on your roster for ASL but you could for Pashto?
go to the link in post one and submit your request. I did. If enough people do that they may come up with a program.

go to the link in post one and submit your request. I did. If enough people do that they may come up with a program.

Done and done. Unfortunately, I think I'm far enough along in my language aquisition that I may not need Rosetta Stone in ASL..at least not need it enough to fork over the insane amount of ca$h they're asking for it, but perhaps others new to the language can benefit.

Could the bias be because they don't know how to market visual languages...

Or think visual languages are not worth investing in?

Could the bias be because they don't know how to market visual languages...

Or think visual languages are not worth investing in?
Personaly I think it is because of the lack of demand. If enough people request it I would bet they will come up with a program.

I think RS is very clueless with the whole ASL thing. Rosetta is a company that sells exclusively spoken-language training. what's next? Rosetta selling braille training software? :lol:

I'm sure there are ASL software as similar as Rosetta quality.

While I do agree that this could help more people learn ASL, what concerns me is that it could also cause a drop in enrollment through programs at universities where there are deaf professors. Not only that, but I feel that you wouldn't get the same kind of experience from a computer program that you would in a classroom setting with real people, real interaction, real communication challenges for beginners.

Something to ponder.

While I do agree that this could help more people learn ASL, what concerns me is that it could also cause a drop in enrollment through programs at universities where there are deaf professors. Not only that, but I feel that you wouldn't get the same kind of experience from a computer program that you would in a classroom setting with real people, real interaction, real communication challenges for beginners.

Something to ponder.

that would the case for any other languages as well.

Back