Eats

Do you cook?

• Yes, I love cooking

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Yes, and I neither like nor dislike cooking.

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Yes, but only because I have to

• No, but I don't dislike cooking

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • No, and I hate cooking

• My personal chef (or spouse, parent, cafeteria, etc) cooks

• Why cook when you can eat-out or call-in?

• Total voters

Ethereal

Reaction score
Do you enjoy cooking?
I don't. I don't know why, it's just not something I enjoy doing.
So, are you the coking type or the eat-out type?
What's your favorite thing to cook?
Mind sharing the recipe?

Beer Bratwrust

Pour 3 cans of beer into the pot boil the beer
Turn down to medium heat Cook Bratwurst sausages into the pot 10 minutes
Turn your gas grill on cook sausages untill done
Put them on a hot dog rolls
Put mustand on em,,,Yum Yumm!!!!!! :)

Well, if you include microwave cooking, I cook. If you mean strictly stove top then, nope I don't.

A parent usually does the honors here. However, I can fend for myself if I need to. Like I said, I'm pretty good with a microwave! :mrgreen:

(oh, but an electric can opener is a must! :giggle:)

Electric can opener????

K. I'm pretty good with a microwave myself, but I tend to eat potatos and other vegies if there's no one else to make food. I boil the potatos and eat the others raw. (I like cooked carrots, but I gave up trying to make them)

<---Lives off fast food joints, greasy spoons, vending machines, mom's cooking when I visit her, and do-it-yourself sandwiches....

and irony is I work as a cook on my part-time job!

Ethereal said:
Electric can opener????

K. I'm pretty good with a microwave myself, but I tend to eat potatos and other vegies if there's no

I have a problem with manual dexterity and hand eye coordination. Between the two, I am positively dangerous with a manual can opener! :lol: Doesn't stop me from trying to use one, and I suppose I really can in a pinch, but do I want to?

Do the words "Hell, no!" mean anything to you?

:rofl:

i voted- love cooking becuz i used to be a chef for 3 years , i love to cooking anything like baking cake, cookies, donuts , casseroles, meats, veggies, fruits, u name... my man wildfire is crazy over my foods, he loves to eating anything what i making.. i should making dinner everyday.. but just 3 times a week cause i dont like to eat myself at supper while my man works 2 jobs...

Microwave is not my favorite to do , *shrugs* .. cause sometimes taste funny when i put some foods in there , yikes! I rather doin on stove top or oven!!!

:P

TOF

Oceanbreeze said:
Do the words "Hell, no!" mean anything to you?
Yes, actually, but that's a whole nother story.

I actually know how to make pretty good stew, but it takes soooo long. And since I'm not a cooking person....

my favorite snack food is:

CRAB RANGOONS

Ingredients
(2) 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
6 oz. can crab meat, drained
1/2 tsp. garlic salt

salt and pepper
12 oz. package wonton wrappers
1 egg, beaten
Directions

In a mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese, crab meat, garlic salt, and dash of salt and pepper to taste.

Mix well.

Spoon a small portion of the Crab Rangoon filling on each wonton wrapper.

Brush some egg on the wonton edges and fold over in a triangle shape to seal the wontons.

Lay out filled wontons on a cookie sheet and freeze to harden the Crab Rangoon cream cheese filling.

Deep fry the Crab Rangoon in 375 degree vegetable oil until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.

Serves 6-8.

TOF

my favorite dinner is:

Chicken Fried Hamburger

Ingredients
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. flour

1/4 c. fat, melted
salt and pepper to taste
Directions

Shape ground beef into flat patties; chili. Place milk
and flour in 2 flat dishes slightly larger than patties.
Place each hamburger patty in milk; turn over. Dip in flour.
Placepatties in hot skillet with melted fat; season. Cook
on each side until crispy, flattening as patties cook.

you can buying a gravy can or pack of country gravy or Country Pepper Gravy *white gravy with peppers* and heat that up and pour over on chicken fried hamburger, the best side by mashed potatoes, corn..

:P

TOF

TongueOnFire said:
Ingredients
(2) 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
6 oz. can crab meat, drained
1/2 tsp. garlic salt

salt and pepper
12 oz. package wonton wrappers
1 egg, beaten

Where would one find things like crab meat and wonton wrappers?

you guys should try that .. it damn good yummy .. dessert!!!

APPLE TORILLA FAJITAS

Ingredients
10 floured torilla

8 oz. cream cheese

can of apple pie filling

cinnamon

sugar
Directions

lay all 10 torillas on table ... spread cream cheese each torilla as thin .... add apple pie filling , then sprinkle cinnamon and sugar ... then ROLL them UP and put them on COOKIE SHEET

Bake them in Oven at 350 for 10 minutes!!!

TOF

Ethereal said:
Where would one find things like crab meat and wonton wrappers?

You can find a canned of crab meats at any store by tuna,salmon , u know where they at .... wonton wrappers can locating at asian store or some stores does have wonton wrappers where chinessee food section at..

TOF

TongueOnFire said:
.... wonton wrappers can locating at asian store or some stores does have wonton wrappers where chinessee food section at.

Our stores only have Mexican sections, but I'll look and ask around and see if I can find some.

Ethereal said:
Our stores only have Mexican sections, but I'll look and ask around and see if I can find some.

alright, or you can stop by chinessee or japensee restaurent if they have some of those wonton wrapper .. maybe they can selling them to you and pay for it.. who knows!

i know some states dont have any asian store.. most of mexican store!

TOF ..

Good for ya, Cooking is good experience for your life! cause that way you can do cooking anything or teaching your kids or grandkids in the future! , etc.. like that!! wink! Miss Pin.

TOF

Ethereal said:
Yes, actually, but that's a whole nother story.

I actually know how to make pretty good stew, but it takes soooo long. And since I'm not a cooking person....

I just have never learned.

Heh.

Back