Easter story (positive CI story warning)

Nobody said nothing about you not sharing your postive story about your CI, You jumped the gun, and thought otherwise. Please ask us directly next time what we meant. But never mind it's past tense now. ;)

Cheri said:
Nobody said nothing about you not sharing your postive story about your CI, You jumped the gun, and thought otherwise. Please ask us directly next time what we meant. But never mind it's past tense now. ;)

Acutally, Momoftwo said:

But the way you said in your post can hurt other deaf people because some people can not get the CI because of not qualify for that, I know few of my friends had CI but it failed them. So, I think it is for the best if you would just be quiet and not to post it here.

but some good points were mentioned by others that I shouldn't have to "hold my tongue" on positive experiences in a CI forum. I think if people don't want to read about positive things about CI's then they should stay out of this section so they won't HAVE to. Nobody's forcing them to read the threads.

Glad that's been cleared up now. :)

Cheri said:
curious, who were you addressing your post to? :D

Boult said:
curious, who were you addressing your post to? :D

Oh, I thought I mention the name, I was speaking to neecy, I'm sure she firgured it out. ;)

Anyway back on topic,

Nice story, neecy! :thumb:

neecy said:
Here it is:

Last night, my boyfriend's mother (whom I have never met, and who is in New York) called me to wish me Happy Easter. It was the first time I'd spoken to her on the phone and it was an amazing experince. After we chatted for half an hour, I hung up and just sat quietly for a few minutes. This kind of event wouldn't have been possible a year ago, before my CI...and yet here I am using the phone, really understanding and being able to share an Easter greeting with somebody I've never MET yet, and have never even had the chance to "get to know" their voice.

It was wonderful.

Thanks for posting that again. That must have been amazing and for half an hour too. It must have been nice to feel like you were developing a relationship with her even though you'd never met her.

I see nothing wrong as long as neecy impressed positive over CI what she has an experience. I find great that she share her CI experience here with us. :thumb:

As long as there're no label "anti-CI", etc.

^Angel^ said:
Are you kidding me?...

I don't understand why is it so wrong for someone to express their feelings out what it like to be able to hear their children's voices...I'll tell you about me, when my first son was born, I couldn't hear his cry, then when he made his first sounds or his first laughs, I wasn't able to hear that either, I watch my family and my friends laughing along with my son, telling me how cute it sounds and saying I wish you could hear him, my ex husband kept rubbing things in my face over and over telling me you should hear him etc, do you have any clue how hard it is for me? I feel like an outsider because of my own deafness, and the hardest part of being a mom is pretending that it didn't bother me but deep down I feel so lost and sad cause for once I wanted more than anything just to hear my own son, why is it soo wrong for a mother to feel that way and it's not that I'm not accepting my own deafness, which I am, but it would be nice for once to be able to hear him because my children means the world to me, and one of my wishes were that one day I shall hear them and I know I will...

Now with Neecy, she's pouring her heart out by expressing her feelings what it like to hear her children for the first time on the phone and what they really sounds like she wasn't able to hear them before, that's a wonderful gift that every parents would want from their children is to be able to hear them, hear their laughters, their cry, their voices, I would have cried if I've had finally was able to hear my children's voices that would be a dream come true for me because I'm being a mom, and that something that every parents would want from their children....

I don't feel is right for someone to tell others to keep quiet about it, that must have hurt her feelings as a mother...

Neecy, I'm very happy for you , I bet this has been a great experience for you as a mother by being able to hear your children's voices on the phone, that something I haven't gone through yet, but I'm glad you got a second chance in life by being able to hear again, it must have been a wonderful feelings too..:hug:

I FEEL YOU!! :)

Back