Ear Moulds

Don't put any foreign substance on your ear molds. Right now, it's the responsibility of the audi to replace them at no cost to you, so you can get what you ordered.

If you mess around with them, then the cost is going to be on YOU.

Nail polish - definite no-no. Nail polish is never meant to be permanent. Even on nails, it will eventually chip and wear off. You don't want to get any of those chips into your ear.

don't forget to order hypoallergenic earmolds if you have a specfic earmold allergy like me :)
try a clear earmold with whatever color sparkle you want.

Perhaps "strange times"-never considered '"colouring" my plastic ear molds at any time. Had a great many of the 40 years time frame using Hearing aids.
Never considered them a "fashion item".

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

If glasses can be fashionable, why can't hearing aids? I would love mine to look like 1950s aluminum rocketships or even for HAs just to come in tortoiseshell colours to match my glasses :)

Last edited:
Perhaps "strange times"-never considered '"colouring" my plastic ear molds at any time. Had a great many of the 40 years time frame using Hearing aids.
Never considered them a "fashion item".

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

You're a guy. Women and girls can and do consider just about everything about their appearance "a fashion item." What can we do, it's just embedded into our fancy XX selves, a point of difference from the XY half of the population. :lol:

If glasses can be fashionable, why can't hearing aids? I would love mine to look like 1950s aluminum rocketships or even for HAs just to come in tortoiseshell colours to match my glasses :)

They do, I think. I don't recall which maker, but seems to me I've seen some tortoise-shell cases recently when I was scrolling through some different aids. Oticon, maybe?

Viola!

Alright, so I found I needed to go around the edges some to make it look decent but, it looks really good in my opinion and I like it. I put some glaze on it to harden it to prevent chipping. I didn't use nail polish I used non-toxic craft paint from Michaels.

Attachments

• IMG_7993.jpg
    IMG_7993.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 25
Alright, so I found I needed to go around the edges some to make it look decent but, it looks really good in my opinion and I like it. I put some glaze on it to harden it to prevent chipping. I didn't use nail polish I used non-toxic craft paint from Michaels.

Looks not bad. I would return it if next time you don't get what you paid for though.

No, I got what I paid for. I just didn't have enough for it to be colored so I color myself. If it starts to peel I will just put under warm water and pill the rest off. Plus, I didn't do the canal part on purpose for that.

Back