Ear Moulds

InfamousMacBook

Reaction score
I got my new EarMoulds today and I wanted "Shiny Clear" ones and got weird frost color ones that look kind of purple. I wanted to know would it damage them if I took my tube out of them and carefully painted the outside of the mould with nail polish? Would it eat away the material?

Attachments

• Ear Mould New.jpg
    Ear Mould New.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 45
I wouldn't paint them with nail polish. With all the toxins and chemicals in these nail polish, I wouldn't take my chances.

I would'd advise painting them with nail polish, you could end up with bits of chipped off nail polish stuck down your ear!

Ask your Audiologist what to do about it. Maybe they can make the ones you wanted?

When I would get the molds made when I was younger, I used to like the way it felt with they would inject the molding into my ear. I always it felt weird, but in a good way. lol

Hmm... would soaking in food dye help? Maybe I can find a pink permenant marker. I only plan to do the outside of the mould not all of it.

I got my new EarMoulds today and I wanted "Shiny Clear" ones and got weird frost color ones that look kind of purple. I wanted to know would it damage them if I took my tube out of them and carefully painted the outside of the mould with nail polish? Would it eat away the material?

If they're not what you requested/ordered, then tell the audi to reorder the color you want...for free. Though I've never reordered for color, I have had to have new ones made because of poor fit.

Don't do anything to the earmolds because it may do some damages to the earmolds and possibly your health. You should just order the earmolds in a specific colour you want.

Be careful what you put on your ear moulds. I know I ruined two of them when I was cleaning them once. Used chemicals that was way too harsh and ended up with two very rough ear moulds.

should be recommend to audiology techincal on fix on your ear molds

should be recommend to audiology techincal on fix on your ear molds

Yeah, that's what I would have said. You didn't get what you paid for so return them and get the ones you've asked for. I wouldn't have accepted them to begin with.

I think it looks like a broken elbow also. So that should be replaced when taking the molds in to be remade.

Yeah, that's what I would have said. You didn't get what you paid for so return them and get the ones you've asked for. I wouldn't have accepted them to begin with.

I have government pay on my ear mold replace new! I have issus cover my benefit! I have audiology If suppose strict on government!

I will try it and if it ruins it then oh well I will get new ear moulds. Its just nail polish and its not harmful.

What I mean about the outside of the mold is the only part that shows when its in the ear. Not the part that goes all the way down to my ear drum in the canal. Just the part around the tube that shows in the picture.

I will try it and if it ruins it then oh well I will get new ear moulds. Its just nail polish and its not harmful.

Toluene, Formaldehyde and Dibutyl Phthalate are common ingredients in nail polish. I wouldn't be so quick to call it harmless.

What do you mean by broken elbow?

The hook that attaches to your tubing. It is the clear part coming out of the aid.

I have vision problems, but looking closely, it looks like it has a bend that might be a crack.

Back