Dumbass AIMers

deafdyke

Reaction score
I like having my AIM available publicly, so that my friends here can contact me. I've also made a lot of very good friends who lurk here (don't post)
However, for the SECOND time (well third but two b/c of alldeaf) someone IMd me out of the clear blue sky and ended up being a dumbass. Like they had no social skills, and randomly hit on me b/c they liked pussy and deaf girls. It was almost like one of those spambot thingys.

yeah.. Happens to me so I decide remove aim on my profile alldeaf :roll:

Last edited:
Oh, that's reason about remove AIM from my profile in last 2 years ago.

It happens to me from time to time.

One time, someone IMed me out of the blue (through AIM). It went something like this...

Her: Hi, will you be my friend?
Me: Umm, I don't even know you.
Her: That's why we should be friends.
Me: I would rather get to know you first before becoming your friend.
Her: What for?
Me: How did you get my screen name?
Her: I dunno. I typed in a random name and IMed you.
Me: It doesn't happen that way. How did you find my name? I don't care how you found my name, but it does help knowing how people found me. That's a good start to getting to know each other.
Her: You know my screen name!
Me: Yes, because you IMed me first.
Her: Then let's be friends!
Me: I'm sorry, but I want to get to know you more.
Her: You're mean! *signs off*

-- 2 hours later --

Her Friend: You asshole! You hurt my friend! You're mean to all your friends!
Me: Umm... who is this?
Her Friend: You know who this is. This is Her's friend. She told me that you were her friend and suddenly decided to be mean to her!
Me: I don't even know who she is.
Her Friend: Liar! I'm blocking you! Bye! *signs off*

Whoa, where did all of that come from. It's like a complete stranger dumping me before I get a chance to know them. Geez...

Another example of a dumbass AIMer would be someone (especially a friend) who IMs me out of the blue, yells at me for something I did, and then blocks me... without even giving me a chance to tell my side of the story. I've lost a lot of friends that way. :(

some people are morons. This is why I have several AIM names, I switch around using 1 for a while, then another for a while, etc. :D

some people are morons. This is why I have several AIM names, I switch around using 1 for a while, then another for a while, etc. :D
Yeah. We've had a few members like that here. They will harass another member, then get blocked. They sign on another name and then brag, "I have many screen names. You will never block me! Hahaha!" *groans* These people have no life. :roll:

i never posted my AIM in here since i joined

and now i get it from you guys about your stories about dumbass AIMers that the reason why i never put my aim SN in my profile because dumbass people who talk nonsense like blah blah

Glad as heck I dont have my AIM sn listed in my profile... I do know about the spambots.. one of them was too funny but stale somehow.. blah... I cant remmy that name somehow.. oh well...

I like having my AIM available publicly, so that my friends here can contact me. I've also made a lot of very good friends who lurk here (don't post)
However, for the SECOND time (well third but two b/c of alldeaf) someone IMd me out of the clear blue sky and ended up being a dumbass. Like they had no social skills, and randomly hit on me b/c they liked pussy and deaf girls. It was almost like one of those spambot thingys.

who doesn't?

yea it did happen to me before and I blocked them, so I dont put my AIM sn on anywhere (such as MySpace, Facebook, and more)

Same, I don't post my AIM name nor is it public. Even just today I got this: "Hello Care for a chat, Can u give me ur yahoo sn or aim" on my profile comments !! :rofl: NO WAY!!

Hi! I just read the thread, so I think you should all be my friends! You all may not know me, and I may not know you, so you see, we already have something in common. This could be a great devine opportunity for a mysterious friendship..:)

Just send an virus file to scammer then their computer will fucked up then you are done.

"Virus file created by mac user but never destroy mac os x and 100% attractive to windows os"

I have gotten some spam AIM even though my SN is not on my profile here, don't know how it got around.

Same, I don't post my AIM name nor is it public. Even just today I got this: "Hello Care for a chat, Can u give me ur yahoo sn or aim" on my profile comments !! :rofl: NO WAY!!

same here and i deleted the comment

I got that same message in my visitor box today.

Lol you all .... i did blocked one of them ... but i dont need show off how many people on my listed ... i had over 600 people on mine ...as AIM..YAHOO..MSN..XFire :wiggle::deal:

I hardly even use the AIM name listed on my profile anymore. Sometimes I'll use it on my SK. Even my family has given up on getting a hold of me on AIM, as I change the names from time to time. Easier to get me through email now.

I did make my aim public here and never got spam instant messages.

Yes, deafdyke, I keep forgettting to put my away message on my aim when I am not using it. I am so terrible at that!

Rarely use aim and end up leaving it on all the time on my SK and forget all about it! oops!

That's one of the reason why I don't have my AIM scn....to prevent scammers or spam IMing me or unauthorized people who IM me without my permission. If they want to IM me, they can PM me to ask.

Back