DSL Service without Phone line

Coolguy, Thank you for posts of link for DSL serivce without phone line. That what I need to cut phone line off on my bills. I don't really need to use phone line anymore. Verizon is still on my name. Do I should to call verizon and tell to cut phone line to dsl internet. But the problem with videophone's DSL. I have no problem with internet. It's High Speed. I had comcast cable with High Speed. It's neutral problem with connect. I think it's improve than before.
you are welcome if you can rights your own choice of your current and future ISP service and better price and reliable service and quality for VP. if you have Cable TV with high speed Internet combo , if you have your budget problem, you can remove Cable TV and downgrade "Cable Internet Service only" They will put block TV signal inthe cable the filter will allow you to use the internet only. you can reduce bill to high speed internet only and you can get Digital TV set top box to receive free digital local TV channels via rabbit ear antenna for Over the air in your current analog TV.

or you can cancel all cable TV and Internet service, You can get DSL without phone service and you can get digital TV set top box with over the air antenna for free TV program and make it easier to your budget needs.

also you have to check Verizon fiberoptic (FiOS) is available you can get one to very very high speed speed than cable and DSL

Verizon has offers Fiberoptic (FiOS) TV, HDTV, digital phone, and Internet for combo package available if you don't need a digital phone, you can get FiOS Internet only and Optional, you can order fiberoptic TV service with Verizon to offer full digital pictures no more ghosty or fuzzy pictures.

BEST 256kbp or higher for VP

I do not recomend "basic DSL plan" and you can find "upload" 256kbp or above is better.

Cable Internet upload require 256kbp or above is better

512kbp or higher is VP will be great qualityfor upload .

Last edited:
Well. As for Future cable capping, You might want to file complaint to FCC that Cable"s capped usage are hurting deaf need. So FCC can grant you a special usage so that Cable co cannot cap on you because you're using VP so what other choice does deafie have without VP!! VP is part of our lifeline. So Cable Co must allow exception for deaf people and handicapped people. They can always ask for medical proof for uncapped usage while hearings will be stuck with capped usage. :lol:

My area don't have DSL. I did see "FiberOne" contractor truck in my neighborhood and is drilling a hole under the pavements and properties. So it may look like I may have Fiber optic network soon.

Catty

Catty

You better stay away from fiber or you will break them easy.

What's up with two Catty?

We have Verizon FiOS since Feb 2008. One thing, I am not pleausre with billing from Verizon. That's higher billing (almost double $$) than we expect. Every months, I called billing dept to fix correct.

Verizon FiOS = Evil Clown!!

We have 3 HDTV(s) at our home. Still not happy with Verizon's Motorola HDTV Box. No way to change size font, style text and color text. All regular TV (non-HD) channels gave me hard time to read CAPTION. No way to read 3 words in 1/2 second. All HD TV Program's CC are poor quality (fad texts, lost 50 percent CC on Smallville's HD)

Very often, I called Verizon FiOS. How much I complain about HDTV's CC. Some tech person are idiot... think blame bad HDMI or cable wire or switch other HDTV Box or I screwed up set up. Many times, I pissed off.

One thing... Verizon's standard TV box gives smooth CC but no HD program.

Verizon FiOS's HDTV program does not offer many program... maybe 20 different stations.

I plan to go back to DSL. Long time, I used to have Verizon's DSL (3 Mbps/768 Kbps). No problem with billing.

I do not recomend.. Basic DSL (768 Kbps/128 Kbps - $15 to $20). Basic DSL will not meet Video Phone's require speed.

We have Verizon FiOS since Feb 2008. One thing, I am not pleausre with billing from Verizon. That's higher billing (almost double $$) than we expect. Every months, I called billing dept to fix correct.

Verizon FiOS = Evil Clown!!

We have 3 HDTV(s) at our home. Still not happy with Verizon's Motorola HDTV Box. No way to change size font, style text and color text. All regular TV (non-HD) channels gave me hard time to read CAPTION. No way to read 3 words in 1/2 second. All HD TV Program's CC are poor quality (fad texts, lost 50 percent CC on Smallville's HD)

Very often, I called Verizon FiOS. How much I complain about HDTV's CC. Some tech person are idiot... think blame bad HDMI or cable wire or switch other HDTV Box or I screwed up set up. Many times, I pissed off.

One thing... Verizon's standard TV box gives smooth CC but no HD program.

Verizon FiOS's HDTV program does not offer many program... maybe 20 different stations.

I plan to go back to DSL. Long time, I used to have Verizon's DSL (3 Mbps/768 Kbps). No problem with billing.

I do not recomend.. Basic DSL (768 Kbps/128 Kbps - $15 to $20). Basic DSL will not meet Video Phone's require speed.

Ouch, I'm suggest you to switch to Directv, they offers HD receiver or DVR with fully customize CC, I'm very satisfied with Directv for a year.

Does your area offers cable internet? it can be faster than DSL, just depends on area where are you from.

I'm currently using DSL under att, 3 mbps on down and 512 kbp on down, it's not my owner of this service, I had no choice but still great for online gaming, streaming movie, video, etc.

Hi, thanks for starting a thread.

I'm with Comcast for about $57 a month, which includes tax.

I checked with AT&T and when I check for availability, I can get DSL for $35 (thank goodness for no cable service -- I don't watch basic channels anymore, but watch a little bit of local channels, including morning news). With my SS-3000 antenna, I'm having trouble getting two stations: NBC HD and ABC HD:

Post-DTV transition (Feb 17, 2009):

Anyway, I went off-topic, but what I'd like to say is I really wanted to reduce my Internet/cable bill down to a reasonable price, so that I can afford. Of course, I really can't wait to get NBC HD (VHF Channel 2? Uh...) and ABC HD (low power right now), as an addition to PBS, WCTV (quite tough to adjust my SS-3000 antenna that's facing NW window), and FOX. I do get CW, but my antenna will have to move to NE window to face on that direction.

Since Elite DSL plan is great for 6Mbps down/768Mbps up, I'm okay with either 6Mbps or 3Mbps, but I like 6Mbps, since I like to watch movies rented from CinemaNow/Movielink with Windows Media Center (too bad, no subtitles...).

So anyway, thanks for starting the thread. I didn't know I can get DSL without landline.

(Can't find a way to do a strikeout or delete my post but...)

I once had some trouble ordeing DSL in my area from AT&T's website...

Back