Driving

BabyAngel

Reaction score
How old were you when you started driving? Have you ever took a driving lesson at school or by family?

I started taking a driving lesson by my mom when I was 15 years old and almost wrecked on the road where I lived so my mom won't let me drive on the road until one month later I started driving. I passed my driving written test the first time when I was 15 then got my driver license when I was 16 years old.

:lol: I took my permit test when I was 16 years old, I wanted a driving school to teach me to drive, because my dad hollers too much :lol: , and I received my license at 17 years old. I was going on 17 when I took the permit test. What a nervewracking experience!!

As a little girl living in the rural areas where there were plenty of gravel roads, I used to sit on my aunt's lap or my father's lap taking control of the steering wheel. I always thought it was fun doing it and it was! When I became a bit older, just about 12 or 13, I'd be driving the trucks (one ton sized trucks) around on the farm when the guys are bailing the hays on the trailer and driving around on those gravel roads. I believe it did help me learn to drive at a early age because I got my permit when I was 15 1/2 (a written test) and aced it on the first try. So when I became 16, I took the driver's license test with the state police and passed it on the first try also. The only part I didn't like doing the test is when they had to make me do the parallel parking. I despited doing it and now as an adult, I still despite doing the parallel parking.

I didn't take driving classes at school so my step mom taught me how to drive, she was always there for me whenever I need help with... :)

well i learn how to drive tractors when i was so young like 6 yr old but learn to drive when i was 13 yr old. Got my lisence at 16

I first got my driver's licence when I was 20 years old after my parents taught me how to drive while I was on a learners permit for about 6 months :)

I'm 22 and I just recently learned how to drive. I still have yet to get my license.

I learned to drive when I was around 18 and got drivers license when I was 19.

I'm nearly thirty-one and I don't have a driving license.. I did drive tractors a little , in the past.. and I'm not very interested in driving at all :werd: :rl:

I havent learn drive yet dang! in someday will learn how to drive lol :lol: I am 28 yrs old :lol:

SherryCherish said:
well i learn how to drive tractors when i was so young like 6 yr old but learn to drive when i was 13 yr old. Got my lisence at 16

Me too! I learn how to drive tractors and farm trucks and then I got my license at 16.

I was learn drive when i was young around 10 or 12 can't remma till I was take drive lesson when i was 19 age same time get DL on my b-day was 20

I learned to drive at 21 and got my first brand new car at 21 too a Chevy Beretta 2 doors, teal color. I love that car until my ex boyfriend had to let someone else borrow it without my permission and this person wouldn't return the car back to me, within a month or so my car was recovered in an empty parking lot downtown Cleveland, The car was damaged. :( I hate thefts!

Cheri said:
I learned to drive at 21 and got my first brand new car at 21 too a Chevy Beretta 2 doors, teal color. I love that car until my ex boyfriend had to let someone else borrow it without my permission and this person wouldn't return the car back to me, within a month or so my car was recovered in an empty parking lot downtown Cleveland, The car was damaged. :( I hate thefts!

Hey Angel, do you agree Cheri's age? I wonder why she may be very clever to put 21 age since she believes that 21 age is reasonable to get driver license in other thread. Why did you not teach Cheri earlier like at 16 years old?

When I was 22 years old the Navy taught me how to drive trucks on an old abandoned air field so that I could get a military license. It was a one-week course, and I passed it but I didn't have a state license, so I still couldn't drive on public streets. So, I bought a used VW Beetle convertible for $850, and got a learner's permit. I practiced with different licensed drivers riding with me until I had enough days required. I got the state driver's manual and studied that. I passed the written test, no problem. I passed the driving test, no problem except the parallel parking. I had to do that twice. :)

Reba said:
When I was 22 years old the Navy taught me how to drive trucks on an old abandoned air field so that I could get a military license. It was a one-week course, and I passed it but I didn't have a state license, so I still couldn't drive on public streets. So, I bought a used VW Beetle convertible for $850, and got a learner's permit. I practiced with different licensed drivers riding with me until I had enough days required. I got the state driver's manual and studied that. I passed the written test, no problem. I passed the driving test, no problem except the parallel parking. I had to do that twice. :)

:confused: ?????

I thought you can drive on the public road with your military license. For instance, you drive a big Army truck on the public roads..

Mookie said:
:confused: ?????

I thought you can drive on the public road with your military license. For instance, you drive a big Army truck on the public roads..
If you already have a state license, then get a military license. I didn't have a state license, so I had to get that first before I could drive on public roads.

The Navy only used the trucks for training purposes. I was headquarters staff, and I only used my military license for driving duty staff cars for courier assignments and driving VIPs.

At age 16, my Dad taught me how to drive and
got drivers license. Somehow my friend's parents
were selling a real nice Toyota Corolla with
manual 4 speed transmision shift I did NOT know
how to drive with 4 speeds !!! BUT, I already bought
that car with 4 speeds shift because it's a
Great Deal/Buy I was so afraid someone else
might have bought that car...
Its a Good thing that my ex-boyfriend came over and
then he taught me how to use
4 speeds up the hill and down the hill.
Whew...

Mookie said:
Hey Angel, do you agree Cheri's age? I wonder why she may be very clever to put 21 age since she believes that 21 age is reasonable to get driver license in other thread. Why did you not teach Cheri earlier like at 16 years old?

Because Cheri learn how to drive later on, we both didn't have driving classes so I learn how to drive from my step mom at the age of 17, got my license before Cheri did, so yeah she didn't get hers until 21....

Back