Drinking/Smoking effects of hearing?

bbaseballboy123

Reaction score
You know, Every time I drink, it seems my hearing gets better.

But every time I go smoke, my hearing gets "fog-y" and starts to not hear as well.

Is this the same for anyone else?

Smoking would narrow your blood vessels, so it makes sense that might have some effect on your hearing.

Does alcohol dilate the blood vessels? I don't know. Maybe you don't actually hear better, but you've got "wine ears" the way some people get "beer goggles" right around closing time?? :lol:

That is interesting about drinking to clear up the smoking of clouding the sound in ear. :hmm:

No idea. someone did post a link about smoking that affects hearing on here.

i just kinda ask this cause my friend who hears fine tells me it doesnt make a difference for her weather she drinks or not, her hearing is still the same. but it does seem my hearing gets better when im drinking.
Now my deaf friend says the same as me, when drinks, he hears better, but when he smokes, he doesnt hear as much as he normally does.

Maybe its just a mind trick on ourselfs.

Just wanted to see if its the same with other deaf peers

well guess what? they work great and they're excellent for the noisy places like the restruant :D

..? I mean from drinking and smoking perspective. You said you agree that when you drink, you hear better and when you smoke, you hear less. The you added that when you switched to the stronger hearing aids, its different.

you means on hearing aid misreading ? I Notice it no sense understand :lol:

I actually have noticed my hearing seems to improve when I am drinking...however in reality this is very unlikely. What likely happens is as people drink they tend to speak louder in general, quite often this is due to elevated ambient noise levels eg. noisy bar from the music and just a tonne of people talking in general....

But....before the implant, I actually noticed that after a night of drinking, the next day along with my hangover I seemed to have worse hearing (and this wasnt limited to after being at a bar...just sitting at home with my fiance having a few, so noise wasnt the connecting factor).....It got to a point where I was scared to drink for fear it would be all gone the next morning.

That is interesting about drinking to clear up the smoking of clouding the sound in ear. What likely happens is as people drink they tend to speak louder in general, quite often this is due to elevated ambient noise levels e.g. noisy bar from the music and just a toner of people talking in general. Thanks for sharing...

Back