Dream Car/SUV/Truck

Reba, I know of an middle-aged couple here who have that Mini Cooper and it is their week-end car for tooling around busy malls and the occasional foray onto country roads.

Tousi said:
Reba, I know of an middle-aged couple here who have that Mini Cooper and it is their week-end car for tooling around busy malls and the occasional foray onto country roads.
Sounds like fun! I think the Minis are cute. They remind me of my first car, a VW bug rag-top. I could zip in and out of places easy.

i always want suv but i dont know which kind yet though. i'm soo sick of ford tempo gl. i had this car for since 1996 heh.

OldNavyGirl said:
i always want suv but i dont know which kind yet though. i'm soo sick of ford tempo gl. i had this car for since 1996 heh.

Do you want me to help you to choose right SUV for you?

What is your budget? Insurange budget? What do you want to use SUV for? Travel, or Family or to feel big? How much power do you want (I-4,I-6, V6, V8) *if you don't know, how much gas do you want to save*?

I have Toyota 95 4Runner SUV and it does whatever I want to do. It is perfect for me. I need a medium size SUV with good cargo size for college student, Few power with reasonable MPG, less using electricty than newer models has, and it is Toyota. I pay about $800 insurance per year (with 100% coverage under my parent's insurance). I had 3.2 average GPA at my high school, no traffic tickets or accident reports.

pics of my 4runner
www.photojerk.com's down so the picture is not here

My parent brought it for $7k. Total investment on my SUV is about $11k. $7k for SUV, and replacement head gasket, new tires, re-alignment, replaced bake pads, oil change/filter, replace air filter, sparkers, sparker cord, and radar detector (Valentine One).

Valentine One http://www.valentine1.com/ It is very perfect product of radar detector for deaf people. *you may wonder what is radar detector? It picks up the cops that tries to caught someone speeding on the road and it delievers me a warning with flash of lights. Worth to have it and it is legal, expect at DC and VA.*

If I had lot money then I would get Toyota Seqouia or BMW X5 (if I can afford insurance coverage) for SUV class.

If you have any questions with cars or anything, ask me and I will help you.

Last edited:
My dream vehicles...

but most I always dream and can't afford is Lamborghini.

Attachments

• My Dream Corvette.JPG
    My Dream Corvette.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 4
  • My Dream Ford F-150.JPG
    My Dream Ford F-150.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 4
  • My Dream Hummer2.JPG
    My Dream Hummer2.JPG
    14.3 KB · Views: 2
  • My Dream Lancer Evolution.JPG
    My Dream Lancer Evolution.JPG
    10 KB · Views: 2
  • My Dream Super Duty Ford.JPG
    My Dream Super Duty Ford.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 6
Just a suv that has good mileages, good saving gas, in good condition, abt budget. blahhhh. No I couldn't get one at this moment -- I need a better paying job though or a 2nd job. just medium suv is fine I've admired some suvs such as ford escape, jeep liberty, toyota rav4.. but heck i'm not worrying abt it now though. I still have my p.o.s. car it sucked big time cuz its over 110k miles. yet still running.

OldNavyGirl said:
Just a suv that has good mileages, good saving gas, in good condition, abt budget. blahhhh. No I couldn't get one at this moment -- I need a better paying job though or a 2nd job. just medium suv is fine I've admired some suvs such as ford escape, jeep liberty, toyota rav4.. but heck i'm not worrying abt it now though. I still have my p.o.s. car it sucked big time cuz its over 110k miles. yet still running.

Oh I see. Maybe you may want to get any Jap cars and you won't have to worry about breaking down engine, if you don't abuse it. RAV4 met mostly of your expections. For medium size suv, I would suggest 4Runner.

HMM my dream car/truck wud be:
1) Subaru Impreza WRX STi - me <--mischevious driver
2) '64-68 Ford Mustang
3) 2005 Mustang
4) Ford Escape Hybrid - for rock climbing
5) '69-76 Ford Bronco - for rock climbing

OldNavyGirl said:

i have a jeep grand cherokee.. love it.. but it is a major gas guzzler.. i suggest you to get a small suv such as maybe the ford escape, jeep liberty, honda etc.. you need to drive each one.. and see what feels the most comfortable to you.. and also look at consumer reports too to see which are good too.. thats how i do my researches..

Last edited:
The Ford Escape hybrid would be good for many of us; currently this is the first year model of this hybrid. It gets 35 mpg around town and 30 mpg on the freeway. Notice the numbers look funny; the reverse of the usual mph stats? I'm sure y'all know why this is.....

I got 2001 KIA sportage 4x4 EX yesterday... Pretty cool and drove roam so beautiful.. But have not experince about 4x4... I would like to ask you guys, who has 4x4 ? Can you help me feed back information what for 4x4. ?
I'm seeing 4x4 shift 4H 2H 2L 2H ... What is that for ?
If snowing really pile high.. should I use 4H ?
My suv is green hunter and gold bumper. Beautiful inside Tan
Finally I got dream come true that did bought suv.. :)
My hubby's dream canyon truck GMC *still working on his saving* (chuckles)

My next one will be Jeep Grand Cherokee. I love em cuz I used to have 94 Jeep Grand Cherokee and traded it in for the 96 Chevy Blazer, yuck. Then I got the truch that I have now. So the next one will be Jeep.

I hope I will get either 2005 Toyota Corolla or Honda Civic LX soon. I first wanted a Honda Civic Hybrid or Toyota Prius, my dad does not want to pay for it. Dang.

In the future, I will trade it for a Hybrid car. ;)

It is time to say good bye to my good, ole 1994 Toyota Corolla....RIP. :bowdown:

I just bought 2005 Nissan Altima SL but my always dream that I want drive is LAMBORGHINI but I couldn't afford it :|

First photo is 2005 Nissan Altima that I have now and Second photo is Lamborghini that I always dream is

Attachments

• 19_2005_Altima.jpg
    19_2005_Altima.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 5
  • LAMBORGHINI_murcialego_1.jpg
    LAMBORGHINI_murcialego_1.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 5
PLEASE HELP ME....
I do not want break my suv...

who has 4x4 ? Can you help me feed back information what for 4x4. ?

Can you fill me answer.. Just I wanted to know making sure.... :)

Bullym0m said:
PLEASE HELP ME....
I do not want break my suv...

who has 4x4 ? Can you help me feed back information what for 4x4. ?

Can you fill me answer.. Just I wanted to know making sure.... :)

No use L4.

H4 it means High gear 4X4. It means more than 25 mph with 4x4 on. L4 mean Low gear 4x4 for under 25 mph. same with H4 on H2 just different is 2 wheel drive. same with L2.

Try listen to other advice than me. I am not 100% experineced 4x4. I only know them for my info.

I used 4H to get out of my driveway when there is a snow in my driveway and on the road. That what lot of ppl use 4H. If you are in the muddy or get stuck use 4H. If you are on the beach use 4H. If you are pulling something use 4L when you are stuck or muddy. :D Hope that clear up. But dont ask me about 2H or 2L. I dont have that in my truck.

Great Thanks for info...

I'll stick w/2H for now... If troubling w/snow thick and hard to go... will change shift to 4H.

Thank you for brings tip... I'm learning.. (chuckles) I love suv very much than old shitty wagon tararus..

Back