Don't you hate it when hearing people being ignorant about deaf customers?

Are you serious!?!? Wow your country sure somewhat fall behind of modern technology. :( I think any country should recieve modern technologies at same time as they release.

Yes, I am serious, Josh ( if it is your name actually)... BUT we are actually ahead of you, becuase we have 3G techonologies for the phone networks for the video calling cellphones and I believe that america doesn't have the 3G networks yet and these high tech video calling cellphones yet too.. and you know America has 28 million deaf people but in australia we only have 6 million. America can eventually take over the whole australia contient!

Yes, I am serious, Josh ( if it is your name actually)... BUT we are actually ahead of you, becuase we have 3G techonologies for the phone networks for the video calling cellphones and I believe that america doesn't have the 3G networks yet and these high tech video calling cellphones yet too.. and you know America has 28 million deaf people but in australia we only have 6 million. America can eventually take over the whole australia contient!

Please call me Joshua or JJ not Josh. Thanks! :)

I dunno about 3G since I'm not really into detail of technology only surface stuff.

26 million deaf Americans? Last time I heard it was about 33 million deaf Americans? Austrailia has 6 million deaf Austrailians? That's very high percentage for its size. Impressive! :)

Please call me Joshua or JJ not Josh. Thanks! :)

I dunno about 3G since I'm not really into detail of technology only surface stuff.

26 million deaf Americans? Last time I heard it was about 33 million deaf Americans? Austrailia has 6 million deaf Austrailians? That's very high percentage for its size. Impressive! :)

My apologies, JJ - Jake is my name, mate. 3G is a new techology that supports more reception ut in the county like farms etc but they are the best for video calls (quite expensive really) And for my research, I thought there was at least 28 million deaf americans there, and I am accurate about 6 million deaf australians here, but the WHOLE total of people in AUSTRALIA is 21 million, but correct me if I am wrong. *(for other aussies if they suspect this is incorrect)

21 million total of australia - that would definitely take over by the deaf americans, but let me assure you I am not sure which Opal or Koala has mentioned, they said that the deaf americans should move in Australia and kick all the hearies out and rename it "deafralia" - sounds good?

My apologies, JJ - Jake is my name, mate. 3G is a new techology that supports more reception ut in the county like farms etc but they are the best for video calls (quite expensive really) And for my research, I thought there was at least 28 million deaf americans there, and I am accurate about 6 million deaf australians here, but the WHOLE total of people in AUSTRALIA is 21 million, but correct me if I am wrong. *(for other aussies if they suspect this is incorrect)

21 million total of australia - that would definitely take over by the deaf americans, but let me assure you I am not sure which Opal or Koala has mentioned, they said that the deaf americans should move in Australia and kick all the hearies out and rename it "deafralia" - sounds good?

No worries! :)

WOW! That would be very interesting to have a deaf country... I don't want to kick hearies out. I love them even they're goddamn ignorants! LOL! I plan to visit Fiji Island, Austrailia, and New Zealand next year after I graduate. Can't wait to check them out! :)

No worries! :)

WOW! That would be very interesting to have a deaf country... I don't want to kick hearies out. I love them even they're goddamn ignorants! LOL! I plan to visit Fiji Island, Austrailia, and New Zealand next year after I graduate. Can't wait to check them out! :)

JJ, you should check out my VLOGs I made which is under "Australian Sign Language VLOGs" somewhere in this forum, if you are interested in seeing the difference between ASL and AUSLAN (Aust. Sign language)...

I hope all the best for your trip - -> I plan to head back to the states in mid or late 2008

JJ, you should check out my VLOGs I made which is under "Australian Sign Language VLOGs" somewhere in this forum, if you are interested in seeing the difference between ASL and AUSLAN (Aust. Sign language)...

I hope all the best for your trip - -> I plan to head back to the states in mid or late 2008

Thanks! I will check it out when I have more time to sit down and learn it.

Thanks! I will check it out when I have more time to sit down and learn it.

I feel like an ambassor for the VLOGs here already, if you want to know anything further about the sign language, the thread there is the correct thread to post up questions. lets get back to topic here, mate.

What would you do, if a resturant asks you to leave becuase your deaf?

I feel like an ambassor for the VLOGs here already, if you want to know anything further about the sign language, the thread there is the correct thread to post up questions. lets get back to topic here, mate.
?

Haha its cool! :)

What would you do, if a resturant asks you to leave becuase your deaf?

Never happen to me yet... If it does... I will call my two lawyers. :)

Haha its cool! :)

Never happen to me yet... If it does... I will call my two lawyers. :)

Sounds like they would be discriminating the deaf, like I was discrimated by the catholic school years ago.

Calling your two lawyers would cost them a fourtune ;)

Sounds like they would be discriminating the deaf, like I was discrimated by the catholic school years ago.

You should sue them.

Calling your two lawyers would cost them a fourtune ;)

Yepper and they will get shut down. I heard many restaurants in Washington DC don't welcome deaf people... I dunno if that is true because I never go there before... Few deaf friends of mine told me what happened.

You should sue them.

Me and my father already sued them, we won twice, including the appeal about three years ago.

Yeppers and they will get shut down. I heard many restaurants in Washington DC don't welcome deaf people... I dunno if that is true because I never go there before... Few deaf friends of mine told me what happened.

Really? I didn't know that, they should know that they have a deaf univeristy there, and Washington DC should be "deaf friendly enviroment"....Gee, what is wrong with these deaf haters? I don't like these "haters" who wouldn't let deaf people go out and eat? They just go in and order and eat that is all we do!

Me and my father already sued them, we won twice, including the appeal about three years ago. !

GOOD! I'm proud of you two! :)

Really? I didn't know that, they should know that they have a deaf univeristy there, and Washington DC should be "deaf friendly enviroment"....Gee, what is wrong with these deaf haters? I don't like these "haters" who wouldn't let deaf people go out and eat? They just go in and order and eat that is all we do!

Two of my friends said that deaf people in Washington DC is famous for taking advantage of restaurants meals without pay it. That might why they don't welcome deaf people to their restaurants. They set bad example of deaf people. I think they should change their policy by pay it first then they can have meals.

GOOD! I'm proud of you two! :)

Thanks, JJ :D

Two of my friends said that deaf people in Washington DC is famous for taking advantage of restaurants meals without pay it. That might why they don't welcome deaf people to their restaurants. They set bad example of deaf people. I think they should change their policy by pay it first then they can have meals.

Ooh, yeah... they would not want to lose money and waste food for nothing, guess policy is another way to change - it is just like these fast food restaurants..

Thanks, JJ :D

Ooh, yeah... they would not want to lose money and waste food for nothing, guess policy is another way to change - it is just like these fast food restaurants..

No problem! :)

Yeah I don't blame them. It is still wrong of them to "sterotype" deaf people. I wish these deaf people would STOP TAKING ADVANTAGE OF PEOPLE! We have some of them here in Seattle, Washignton. These kind of people digusts me completely.

No problem! :)

Yeah I don't blame them. It is still wrong of them to "sterotype" deaf people. I wish these deaf people would STOP TAKING ADVANTAGE OF PEOPLE! We have some of them here in Seattle, Washignton. These kind of people digusts me completely.

They should just let the deaf people in whatever they are, you know hearing people happen to do the same what deaf people occured in the DC - even my uncle walked off from an chinese resturant but forgot to pay for the food! taking advantages are not good, but it would be better, if they just let anyone in as long they can pay for it.

I had to agree completely, have seen enough already and this does diguesting me as well. They are making us look bad enabling them stereotyping us.

I wish these deaf people would STOP TAKING ADVANTAGE OF PEOPLE! We have some of them here in Seattle, Washignton. These kind of people digusts me completely.

I had to agree completely, have seen enough already and this does diguesting me as well. They are making us look bad enabling them stereotyping us.

Same here, I agree with the sterotyping the deaf people. It is not the appropiate way to treat like this.

They should just let the deaf people in whatever they are, you know hearing people happen to do the same what deaf people occured in the DC - even my uncle walked off from an chinese resturant but forgot to pay for the food! taking advantages are not good, but it would be better, if they just let anyone in as long they can pay for it.

Very true. I have been took advantage of my so called hearing friends in the past which is why I stopped hang out with them since the incidents. I think it is not fair that many people are often focus on deaf people than hearing people for troubles. Deaf people aren't alone on this issue... There are another miniorities that have similiar problems too.

Back