Don't rape her

if a woman is drunk, don't rape her.

i remember long time ago and was 20s something in bar saw beautiful lady who came to me and seemed very nice. i told her i could not hear and had talked for while. she left with someone and become drunk. and then came back to me she was so drunk and fell on me. too many people watched around us. some danger men were toward her. i protected her. i brought and helped her home. few weeks later she found me and said to me I was nice. :)

:gpost: :ty: for bringing this up. This is good lesson for all to read. I hope this will wake someone up and understand what NO means!

NO mean NO, period! :pissed:

can I rape her sidekick?

:lol: You can rape SideKick with a brown bag coverin' its head ! *laughin'*

Beware of women nowdays. They like to bite just like crabs. Heh !

She is saying that it's BS that people are telling women to learn self defense in order to not get raped.
Agreed.........only a very small percentage of rapes are the violent stranger rapes. Thank God too......means that the percentage of rapist sociopaths in our society is very small. However, most rapes are date rapes........Parents....raise your girls to speak out. A lot of date rapes happen b/c girls are socialized to please men and not to make a fuss.In other words b/c of miscommunication about what the peopel in the relationship want!

What if a couple decided to rape eachother such as having a rough sex for a night to see what it is like, eventhough they both have agreed about it.
I am sure you're ok about that.

Until that woman decided to report police, because she didn't like what he did to her.
Now,that is serious.

Women are dangerous!

Anti-rape device - Patent 4237876 info
http://wiredgecko.typepad.com/neuvo/images/femdefence.jpg picture

Any guy who reads this will cringe and grasp their crotch. Any woman who reads it will think "who hell would stick that in there?!"

I heard about this a little around a year or so ago, it's a last ditch tactic to help stop rape in south africa. While it is bizzare the more the stories spread around the less males will decide to even stick their memberane into females or even their finger to "check" it's nicknamed rat trap for a good reason. There's alot of variants of it. The most dangerous one would be the one that has spring-loaded razors...

Agreed.........only a very small percentage of rapes are the violent stranger rapes. Thank God too......means that the percentage of rapist sociopaths in our society is very small. However, most rapes are date rapes........Parents....raise your girls to speak out. A lot of date rapes happen b/c girls are socialized to please men and not to make a fuss.In other words b/c of miscommunication about what the peopel in the relationship want!

That peice spoke to even broader issue. If it was just confined to the sociopath raping and killing women, or date rapes; that would be one thing. However, the problem is a lot more widespread than that. The peice covered it all. It also includes child rape. Incidently, the majority of rapes don't include physical violence. That is, in the majority of cases, the woman/child is NOT beaten to a pulp or left for dead!

We have a serious problem in this country. Please don't minimize it.

I agree with Oceanbreeze, It is a serious problem. Although I do pose the question of how exactly does one intend to improve the situation? There's never simple solutions for complex problems is there? :(

I agree with Oceanbreeze, It is a serious problem. Although I do pose the question of how exactly does one intend to improve the situation? There's never simple solutions for complex problems is there? :(

That is a good question! I think it should start with awareness and education. I also think parents need to teach their boys that when a girl says no, she means it. And, I think parents need to teach girls to respect themselves and their bodies.

As an abuse survivor myself, I can attest to something. I was given really weird messages as a kid. I was tought to never talk to strangers, but I was also NOT tought that it was okay to refuse a family members advances. As a result, I was hurt by two family members starting at a very young age.

We need to teach our kids that their bodies are theirs alone, and NOBODY has the right to touch them in a way that makes them feel bad.

I agree with you that this is a complicated issue. I also think we need to get better at changing how society views this problem.

I agree with this as this is a huge problem nowadays. I had an experience with this before when a guy came on to me and I said NO. he didnt accept it? jeez. Good thing I got out of it faster. He didn't respect me at all?

so I know the parents need to teach boys at young age when girl said No which mean NO. not no as yes as yes as no. NO mean NO. Yes mean Yes. they need to accept it and respect the ladies.

I have told my son that it is not ok to touch other girls body not even his cousins. I told him he have to wait till he is older and wiser. I told him he is too young but know this as still do not let others touch him . only me, daddy, and doctor but not in sexual ways but only if its hurt like cut or rashes u know what i mean?. not even strangers. He understood that.

we need to get this message out to everyone as it is important and hope no ones lives will be ruint by this.

Ocean, that's a decent idea to start with. You'll also need to address these issues as well-

*Parents unwilling to teach their children respect and right/wrong moral values.
*Teenagers unwilling to listen/respect parents opinion.

Then there's peer pressure. It makes kids do stuff that they'd otherwise not. Let's say the 'coolest' kid in school follows a certian behavior pattern which makes all the other males attempt to act like him, if he disrespects women and talks about them as if he's a player even if they've been taught otherwise to not there's a HIGH chance that they might take after him solely because they wouldn't want to become an outcast and would assume that it's the accepted and most 'coolest' way to act =/

This issue is like a wildfire that's nearly impossible to douse unless everyone pitches in and people stop thinking "oh it's not my problem" and "Oh my son knows better than that! I didn't even have to tell him!" Complex indeed :|

In my opinion the best way to go about it is "billie jean king" way. I use her name in a stipulative function to describe what she pulled off -- she knew she needed to have a voice for people to listen so instead of just wanting to be the best in tennis, she became the best with an agenda behind it. To address the fact that women were neglected in sports.

So if a celebrity actually got down and posed this on television people -might- listen. It's how the world works... :pissed: Of course you don't really need to be a celebrity but you do need to find a way to make people listen. Baby steps I guess. AD Forums=step 1 :)

Ocean, that's a decent idea to start with. You'll also need to address these issues as well-

*Parents unwilling to teach their children respect and right/wrong moral values.
*Teenagers unwilling to listen/respect parents opinion.

Then there's peer pressure. It makes kids do stuff that they'd otherwise not. Let's say the 'coolest' kid in school follows a certian behavior pattern which makes all the other males attempt to act like him, if he disrespects women and talks about them as if he's a player even if they've been taught otherwise to not there's a HIGH chance that they might take after him solely because they wouldn't want to become an outcast and would assume that it's the accepted and most 'coolest' way to act =/

This issue is like a wildfire that's nearly impossible to douse unless everyone pitches in and people stop thinking "oh it's not my problem" and "Oh my son knows better than that! I didn't even have to tell him!" Complex indeed :|

In my opinion the best way to go about it is "billie jean king" way. I use her name in a stipulative function to describe what she pulled off -- she knew she needed to have a voice for people to listen so instead of just wanting to be the best in tennis, she became the best with an agenda behind it. To address the fact that women were neglected in sports.

So if a celebrity actually got down and posed this on television people -might- listen. It's how the world works... :pissed: Of course you don't really need to be a celebrity but you do need to find a way to make people listen. Baby steps I guess. AD Forums=step 1 :)

I agree! :gpost:

I often wonder what would've happened if I had been tought I had a right to say no to the people that hurt me. Would I not have gone through what I did?

I can't answer that. I can answer this, though. I have a young niece and nephew, and I have vowed to see to it that they do NOT got through what I did! I can't always protect them, but by God, I'm going to my best to teach them ideals that will empower them, so they aren't hurt the way I was.

Although my parents did warn me to be wary around strangers, they never told me that sometimes a neighbor or a friend's brother might have unheatlhy intentions toward you.

That pretty much enforces Ocean's point. Parents do need to be aware of this sort of thing and take action putting in effort to teach their children. I think the general age a kid would be competent enough to comprehend the reasoning of what's right/wrong would most likely be 4 at youngest and 6-ish at most eldest (which is when they start to devlope memory and persona).

I think it should be taught in stages, first would be most critical. Explaining to them what is wrong for others to do and what is ok for parents (You know like... inspecting a rash or somethin like the other person said.) within reason. Make sure they understand it. The next part would be a little more difficult. While I don't completely agree with how the world works today we have to face reality that there ARE teenagers as young as 12 who know what sex is and they find out from various sources, the worst being friends.

I wouldn't suggest to be paranoid and disbar them from seeing friends as it would dehumanize them (although you can try to steer them to hanging around with a good crowd instead of bad influnce.), another thing -- I would suggest to try to tackle the sex thing as soon as you see fit. Originally parents usually do this when their kids are around 16-ish but like i said with how the world is today it might be safer to do it sooner. You also don't want them becoming curious as to seek it out either so it's kinda hard to see where to draw the line and all.

I was in karate on Wednesday, and a good point was mentioned... This sounds stupid, but it is proven.

If you yell rape, someone, is most likely going to run AWAY from the situation.

Trust me.

If you yell fire, "they're not only going to come over, they'll bring their whole family and family's friends. Everyone wants to see a fire."

Point was that yelling fire gets better results than yelling rape.

I was in karate on Wednesday, and a good point was mentioned... This sounds stupid, but it is proven.

Trust me.

If you yell fire, "they're not only going to come over, they'll bring their whole family and family's friends. Everyone wants to see a fire."

LoL, that's good one!

Trust me.

interesting concept. thanks for the tip. :)

Back