Don't do meth or ....

deaf24fan said:
Just my guesses.
Yeah, that’s pretty much the reason—ease of concealment. The greatest concentration of meth labs in the world is in Fresno County, California—a sparsely populated agricultural region in California’s central valley.

Cite

In April 2000, a man who police say had been taking methamphetamine and "acting paranoid" killed Vallejo Police Sergeant Jeff Azuar. Sgt. Azuar was shot when he and his partners tried to arrest the suspect on grand theft charges. The suspect fell out of a second-floor window after police shot him, yet continued to struggle with police, cutting one on the head. His "superhuman strength" was attributed to methamphetamine.

San Francisco Chronicle, 14 April 2000.

It´s very sad to read the whole thread here. :(

I keep saying to myself why the people take drugs which they knew the drugs are bad for them.

One more thing here many women esp in suburan area use meth, dunno about men, to lose weight.

Need even more convincing? Read Parental Drug Use as Child Abuse. In at least 31 states, using controlled substances in the presence of minor children is defined as child abuse.

An excerpt (bolding mine):

A few other States address the issue of exposing children to illegal drug activity in their criminal statutes. For example, in Georgia, Idaho, and Ohio, the manufacture or possession of methamphetamine in the presence of a child is a felony. Washington State provides for enhanced penalties for any conviction for the manufacture of methamphetamine when a child was present on the premises where the crime occurred. In Wyoming, selling or giving an illegal drug to a child by any person is a felony.

My two cents

Levonian said:
An excerpt (bolding mine):

A few other States address the issue of exposing children to illegal drug activity in their criminal statutes. For example, in Georgia, Idaho, and Ohio, the manufacture or possession of methamphetamine in the presence of a child is a felony. Washington State provides for enhanced penalties for any conviction for the manufacture of methamphetamine when a child was present on the premises where the crime occurred. In Wyoming, selling or giving an illegal drug to a child by any person is a felony.

I think that these laws are absolutely right. There are some family 'traditions' that should NOT continue. Sadly drugs and alcohol can be monkey see, monkey do. The kids watch and copy their parents and are more likely to do so than the average population.

deaf24fan said:
About rural places are easier to make meth than in cities. I am only guessing it is that because the houses are more remotes and have more spaces in between (neighbors are further away from each other than in the cities). They can easily make anything without suspicious or prying eyes/ears.

If they are being done in the city, then probably with cooperation of neighbors.

Just my guesses.
The reason meth is made in the country is odor. It smells like cat piss. The smell is a dead give away for a lab. So the further away from people the better. That is why they choose the country...:smoking:

Meth

Methamphetamine is an addictive stimulant drug that strongly activates certain systems in the brain. Methamphetamine is chemically related to amphetamine, but the central nervous system effects of methamphetamine are greater. Both drugs have some limited therapeutic uses, primarily in the treatment of obesity.

Methamphetamine is made in illegal laboratories and has a high potential for abuse and addiction. Street methamphetamine is referred to by many names, such as "speed," "meth," and "chalk." Methamphetamine hydrochloride, clear chunky crystals resembling ice, which can be inhaled by smoking, is referred to as "ice," "crystal," "glass," and "tina."
Health Hazards

Methamphetamine releases high levels of the neurotransmitter dopamine, which stimulates brain cells, enhancing mood and body movement. It also appears to have a neurotoxic effect, damaging brain cells that contain dopamine as well as serotonin, another neurotransmitter. Over time, methamphetamine appears to cause reduced levels of dopamine, which can result in symptoms like those of Parkinson’s disease, a severe movement disorder.

Methamphetamine is taken orally or intranasally (snorting the powder), by intravenous injection, and by smoking. Immediately after smoking or intravenous injection, the methamphetamine user experiences an intense sensation, called a “rush” or “flash,” that lasts only a few minutes and is described as extremely pleasurable. Oral or intranasal use produces euphoria—a high, but not a rush. Users may become addicted quickly, and use it with increasing frequency and in increasing doses.

Animal research going back more than 20 years shows that high doses of methamphetamine damage neuron cell endings. Dopamine- and serotonin-containing neurons do not die after methamphetamine use, but their nerve endings (“terminals”) are cut back, and regrowth appears to be limited.

The central nervous system (CNS) actions that result from taking even small amounts of methamphetamine include increased wakefulness, increased physical activity, decreased appetite, increased respiration, hyperthermia, and euphoria. Other CNS effects include irritability, insomnia, confusion, tremors, convulsions, anxiety, paranoia, and aggressiveness. Hyperthermia and convulsions can result in death.

Methamphetamine causes increased heart rate and blood pressure and can cause irreversible damage to blood vessels in the brain, producing strokes. Other effects of methamphetamine include respiratory problems, irregular heartbeat, and extreme anorexia. Its use can result in cardiovascular collapse and death.
Extent of Use

Monitoring the Future Study (MTF)*
MTF assesses the extent of drug use among adolescents (8th-, 10th-, and 12th-graders) and young adults across the country. Recent data from the survey indicate the following:

* In 2004, 6.2 percent of high school seniors had reported lifetime** use of methamphetamine, statistically unchanged from 2003. Lifetime use was measured at 5.3 percent of 10th grade students.
* Eighth-graders reported significant decreases in lifetime, annual, and 30-day use.

Community Epidemiology Work Group (CEWG)**
Results reported at the most recent CEWG meetings indicate that methamphetamine abuse and production continue at high levels in Hawaii, west coast areas, and some southwestern areas of the United States—but methamphetamine abuse also is continuing to spread eastward.

The percentage of adult male arrestees testing methamphetamine-positive in 2003 were highest in Honolulu (40.3 percent), Phoenix (38.3) San Diego (36.2), and Los Angeles (28.7).

Several other items of significance were reported, as follows:

* The numbers of clandestine methamphetamine laboratory incidents reported to the National Clandestine Laboratory Database decreased from 1999 to 2004. During this same period, methamphetamine lab incidents increased in midwestern States (Illinois, Michigan, and Ohio), and in Pennsylvania. In 2004, more lab incidents were reported in Illinois (926) than in California (673). In 2003, methamphetamine lab incidents reached new highs in Georgia (250), Minnesota (309), and Texas (677). There were only seven methamphetamine lab incidents reported in Hawaii in 2004.
* In the first 6 months of 2004, nearly 59 percent of substance abuse treatment admissions (excluding alcohol) in Hawaii were for primary methamphetamine abuse. San Diego followed, with nearly 51 percent. Notable increases in methamphetamine treatment admissions occurred in Atlanta (10.6 percent in the first 6 months of 2004, as compared with 2.5 percent in 2001) and Minneapolis/St. Paul (18.7 percent in the first 6 months of 2004, as compared with 10.6 percent in 2001).
* Some MDMA (ecstasy) and cocaine users are switching to methamphetamine, ignorant of its severe toxicity.
* In many gay clubs found throughout New York City and elsewhere, methamphetamine is often used in an injectable form, placing users and their partners at risk for transmission of HIV, hepatitis C, and other STDs.

National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH)****
According to the 2003 NSDUH, 12.3 million Americans age 12 and older had tried methamphetamine at least once in their lifetimes (5.2 percent of the population), with the majority of past-year users between 18 and 34 years of age. Significant decreases in past year use were seen among 12- to 17-year-olds.

Drug Problem From Years Ago

Call me old-fashioned but I have to agree with this e-mail that a friend sent me this afternoon.

Drug Problem From Years ago

The other day, someone at a store in our town read that a methamphetamine
lab had been found in an old farm house in the adjoining county and he
asked me a rhetorical question, ''Why didn't we have a drug problem when
you and I were growing up?''

I was drug to church on Sunday morning. I was drug to church for weddings
and funerals. I was drug to family reunions and community socials no matter the weather. I was drug by my ears when I was disrespectful to adults. I was also drug to the woodshed when I disobeyed my parents, told a lie, brought home a bad report card, did not speak with respect, spoke ill of the teacher or the preacher. Or, if I didn't put forth my best effort in everything that was asked of me.

I was drug to the kitchen sink to have my mouth washed out with soap if I
uttered a profane four letter word. I was drug out to pull weeds in Mom's
garden and flower beds and cockleburs out of dad's fields. I was drug to the homes of family, friends, and neighbors to help out some poor soul who had no one to mow the yard, repair the clothesline, or chop some fire wood, and if my mother had ever known that I took a single dime as a tip for this kindness, she would have drug me back to the wood shed.

Those drugs are still in my veins; and they affect my behavior in everything I do, say, and think. They are stronger than cocaine, crack, or heroin, and if today's children had this kind of drug problem, America would be a better place.

Very good, ITPJohn! I was brought up the same way...drug all over--LOL!

Meth

How do I start?

Before I met my wife, I was a Meth user, actually "ice" user for a while and I ll tell you, my house and cars were clean all the time because of soooo much energy that ice provided. Downfall, I was always looking over my shoulders for cops, people looking at me weird, being paranoid all the time, and scared to go anywhere unless I hit that bowl (smoking it) then I was ready but when I start to come down, I freak out.

I started to get tired of it and got off of it. My body and mind was tired all the time. Took me 1-1/2 years to get my body to adjust to sleeping and getting up and enjoy the sunshine with a fresh breath of the breeze. I missed that sunshine so I said, NO more! I:whip: my habit for good. It was fun but it can be very hard on a person once they start down that road. That was my experience.

I could never understand why people do meth. It fucks up their health and skin. Why do they prefer to feel "high" than to look good? :roll:

VamPyroX said:
I could never understand why people do meth. It fucks up their health and skin. Why do they prefer to feel "high" than to look good? :roll:

I was a recreational user but not a severe or heavy users. I have never gone that far. My assumption is that they do it so much and so high all the time, dont have time to worry about their beauty because they are busy chasing their next high. Get it?

Back