Don't Buy Girl Scout Cookies!

I have never heard people complain that much over girl scout cookies been a years of traditions. I used to be a girl scout when I was young. But if people know that cookies are fatten, then don't buy them. If you want healthy cookies them make them without sugar. There are lot of ways to make better cookies. :)

I stopped eating them when I saw how many calories each contained. No thanks for me...

I been girl scout for long time. I ate cookies and still alive! :)

Seems folks are looking for a quick fix to the problem by boycotting. One should consider that there may be another factor at work.

You'll have to boycott not just the Girls Scouts, but nearly all cookie, cracker, pastry, cereal and microwave popcorn companies. Explosion of palm oil use is found within these products.

Palm oil is a major cause of heart disease. I find it funny that people worry about orangutans and not their own health.

:gpost:

According to the article, the bakers switched to the palm oil because people complained about them using unhealthy trans fats. Great. They did the "right" thing by switching to palm oil, so now they're punished for that action.

Is anyone boycotting the biofuel companies who are using the palm oil wholesale? Or are they picking on Girl Scouts only?

The orangutan site doesn't recommend boycotting the sale of cookies:

"Boycotting palm oil is not the answer, but demanding that it is sourced from sustainable plantations is."
The Australian Orangutan Project » Palm oil industry killing orangutans

:gpost:

I stopped buying the girl scout cookies a few years ago. I heard about this environment and poor orangutans. uh, yeah, it makes you fat.

No more excuse to buy the dirty girl scout cookies. The little girls didn't know about what was happening to the environment and the orangutans because they don't hear about it at the scout.

I haven't ate girl scout cookies for almost 10 years, just not interested with this food, I just prefer to eat cookies that cooked at home, such as old toll house.

I haven't eaten girl scout cookies for almost 10 years, just not interested with this food, I just prefer to eat cookies that cooked at home, such as old toll house.

Yeah, I am thinking about making homemade chocolate cookies this weekend. Yummy. I haven't baked the cookies for 5 years.

I stopped eating them when I saw how many calories each contained. No thanks for me...

It'll be okay when you eat moderately... Homemade cookies have less calories and fat than buy cookies at any stores. It's no good when you give your favorites up because you will craving for it and eat more and more... . I prefer to eat anything moderately.

I use lowfat butter when I bake any cakes and cookies a lot... I will try GTM's recipe but I still take lowfat butter instead of fat butter/magarine.

Sure, I got sugar free cookie I made for some friends that are diabetic can t use sugar. Here recipes:

Sugar-Free Maple Cookie Recipe

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 cup margarine, softened (make sure it's vegan!)
1/2 cup maple syrup
Ener-g Egg Replacer for 1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt

PREPARATION:

Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
Cream together the margarine, maple syrup, vanilla and egg replacer. Add the flour and stir until well combined.

Bake for 10-12 minutes, until bottoms of cookies are golden brown.
enjoy.

Stores even now sell sugar free cookies as well. :) :cool2:

Interesting recipe... I just print it and will try it this weekends.

As what you wrote: margarine - I prefer to use low fat butter because of % low fat.

maple syrup... sound good... mmmhhhh I really never thought about this. I will try it... I sometimes use honey as sugar replacement.

Egg Replacer? We don't have like this in any stores here in Germany. I has to pick egg...

:ty: very much for that interesting recipe... :thumb:

I still buy cookies from the girl scout to support their causes. I am not really crazy about their cookies, but I like to share some with my friends and family.

some Girl Scout are cute.... oh wait, you're talk about cookies. Umm, I loath these cookie. Always.

Yeah, right. I'm going to scowl down at some little Brownie and say I'm not buying her fatty cookies because she's the sole reason orangutans are homeless and the prime cause of overweight America.

Maybe I should hit her with a water balloon, too.

No, I think I'll live a while longer and keep on buying cookies from the never-ending legions of nieces.

Interesting recipe... I just print it and will try it this weekends.

As what you wrote: margarine - I prefer to use low fat butter because of % low fat.

maple syrup... sound good... mmmhhhh I really never thought about this. I will try it... I sometimes use honey as sugar replacement.

Egg Replacer? We don't have like this in any stores here in Germany. I has to pick egg...

:ty: very much for that interesting recipe... :thumb:

Yeah, you can use low fat butter I use low fat butter too without any salt in butter the butter I use is called "smart balance" butter so far it did me well with that butter.

I loved Girl Scout's cookie. I glad I don't eat these cookies by Girl Scouts anymore, because I moved to my apartment. :)
Yet, I will l miss Girl's Scout cookies. Oh well.

Yeah, right. I'm going to scowl down at some little Brownie and say I'm not buying her fatty cookies because she's the sole reason orangutans are homeless and the prime cause of overweight America.

Maybe I should hit her with a water balloon, too.

No, I think I'll live a while longer and keep on buying cookies from the never-ending legions of nieces.

:bowlol: Even though we have our disagreements, this is absolutely hilarious!! Thanks for the laugh today, Chase.

Hey Pete! :wave:

Care to explain what's trans fat ? :D

Didn't mean to ignore you until now, Maria.

Trans fat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Trans fat is the common name for a type of unsaturated fat with trans- isomer fatty acid(s). Trans fats may be monounsaturated or polyunsaturated.

Most trans fats consumed today are industrially created by partially hydrogenating plant oils — a process developed in the early 1900s and first commercialized as Crisco in 1911. The goal of partial hydrogenation is to add hydrogen atoms to unsaturated fats, making them more saturated. These more saturated fats have a higher melting point, which makes them attractive for baking and extends their shelf-life. Another particular class of trans fats, vaccenic acid, occurs naturally in trace amounts in meat and dairy products from ruminants.

Unlike other dietary fats, trans fats are neither essential nor salubrious[1] and, in fact, the consumption of trans fats increases one's risk of coronary heart disease[2] by raising levels of "bad" LDL cholesterol and lowering levels of "good" HDL cholesterol. [3] Health authorities worldwide recommend that consumption of trans fat be reduced to trace amounts. Trans fats from partially hydrogenated oils are more deleterious than naturally occurring oils.[4]

Chemically, trans fats are made of the same building blocks as non-trans fats, but have a different arrangement. In trans fatty acid molecules, the hydrogen atoms bonded to pairs of doubly bonded carbon atoms (characteristic of all unsaturated fats) are in the trans rather than the cis arrangement. This results in a straight, rather than kinked, shape for the carbon chain, more like the straight chain of a fully saturated fat.

Are you all panic about fat in Scout Cookies?? Some of them have low fat and sugar free. You need to read the nutrition fact to give you a limit on serving. If you don't want to eat whole of cookies. You can share with your family and children to eat a limit on cookies.

Me and my husband love to eat Scout Cookies. I have to be careful with nutrition facts. My husband like to eat whole of it. I won't let him to eat a piggy out. LOL I hide it from him. He will not find it.

Are you all panic about fat in Scout Cookies?? Some of them have low fat and sugar free. You need to read the nutrition fact to give you a limit on serving. If you don't want to eat whole of cookies. You can share with your family and children to eat a limit on cookies.

Me and my husband love to eat Scout Cookies. I have to be careful with nutrition facts. My husband like to eat whole of it. I won't let him to eat a piggy out. LOL I hide it from him. He will not find it.

That may be the case, Pinky, but, taking out the sugar and making them low fat will have them add something else, such as salt. Granted, we need salt in our diet, but too much is not good, either.

Back