Donate for Japan

Sosie

Reaction score
Hello everyone!!

My name is Taichi, Deaf, one of students at Boston University Deaf Education program.
I am from JAPAN where is hit by a huge earthquakes and tsunami.

Now over 3,000 people are dead, over 10,000 people are still missing.

A lot of Deaf and Hard of Hearing people live there,
and I want to believe they are escaping to safe places.

However, you know, Deaf and HH people are hard to get information
such as "we are providing food, so please line up."

My sponsor Nippon Foundation is raising donation and going to support them.
(I'm also getting support from Nippon Foundation to study at Boston University.)

If you are willing to donate to support Japanese Deaf and HH people,
please donate at here:
the Nippon Foundation CANPAN Project - Donation -/Donation to the Japan Earthquake Tsunami Victims

(At Gallaudet University website, there is a description of it.
The Nippon Foundation/CANPAN)

Thanks for your kindness heart and don't forget we have HOPE.

Taichi Takeda
Boston University Deaf Education Program
1st year graduate student
deaf.tt@gmail.com

I will send them some money to help Japan. Please help Japan.

Nice gesture...will donate after making sure it is a legit non-profit agency. Never know all the scam agencies out there. since it is on a Galluadet website, I feel it is pretty legit.

Nice gesture...will donate after making sure it is a legit non-profit agency. Never know all the scam agencies out there. since it is on a Galluadet website, I feel it is pretty legit.

I will NOT send them some money. I will send American Red Cross some money instead. ;)

I will NOT send them some money. I will send American Red Cross some money instead. ;)

Red Cross? Just a heads up: they are known to misappropriate funds. Find a local charity you trust to send funds to the appropriate source.

I will not donate anything to Japan. Don't you realize that Japan have $$$$$$$$$$$. No point.

Hatai is frickin poor, it's good reason for us to help them out.

GUYS GUYS GUYS!!! Please don't turn this into a fight. What about the forum as a whole donating to the Salvation Army, I believe they have a fund set up that is specifically for the Japan Quake/Tsunami Relief. I've not heard anything bad about the Salvation Army so maybe we can look into that. I have to leave for the farm in a couple of minutes, but I just thought I would share the idea.

I will not donate anything to Japan. Don't you realize that Japan have $$$$$$$$$$$. No point.

Hatai is frickin poor, it's good reason for us to help them out.
I helped them both get clean water.

GUYS GUYS GUYS!!! Please don't turn this into a fight. What about the forum as a whole donating to the Salvation Army, I believe they have a fund set up that is specifically for the Japan Quake/Tsunami Relief. I've not heard anything bad about the Salvation Army so maybe we can look into that. I have to leave for the farm in a couple of minutes, but I just thought I would share the idea.
The Salvation Army is a good organization. However, I already made my donation.

I helped them both get clean water.

Reba if I am not mistaken isn't the SBC donating a lot of funds from the Lottie Moon offerings to pay for clean water pump stations in Haiti as we speak? A friend of mine who is big in international missions said her husband is going down there for a week to help install one in Haiti. I think this will do a lot of good as clean drinking water is a necessity for life. I am sure the SBC will be doing something similar for Japan once they get the authorization from authorities to go in and do this.

Reba if I am not mistaken isn't the SBC donating a lot of funds from the Lottie Moon offerings to pay for clean water pump stations in Haiti as we speak?
I have no clue about what the SBC does. I'm not a member of that convention, nor have I ever been, so you're asking the wrong person. :)

I have no clue about what the SBC does. I'm not a member of that convention, nor have I ever been, so you're asking the wrong person. :)

I thought you were, my mistake.

I thought you were, my mistake.
That's OK.

All my Christian life I've been a member of an independent Baptist church. No conventions.

Now, let's get back on track. :)

I think giving is up to the individual. Whether or not someone gives, and to whom, should be a personal decision and not subject to criticism.

Nothing wrong with suggesting organizations, especially if an ADer knows from personal experience that the organization is reliable. :)

I rather just go over there and help
Unless you are a trained professional in a specialty that's needed there, you would probably be more of a hindrance than a help.

I guess you could check with the Red Cross to find out if they can use your skills over there.

Just do your homework and find out if the charity is legit. A lot of people do take avantage of disasters for scamming people out of money.

Our company now collecting donation for Japan. I just gave $250.00.

Back