Don’t Let The ACLU Remove The Crosses From Federal Cemeteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boult said:
I know that. except for ASDB which do include that no matter what. (I guess brainwashed by video ASL of pledge) so?

Really, you can report to Board of Education about ASDB violate their law about "under god" but I don' think if state would allow them as special school. If you was at ASDB in 70's or 80's but law was passed in around late 90's.

ASDB sucks but some children from Phoenix metro have transferred to CSDR, it depends on their parent decide.

No, ASDB are allowed but it is that student themselves are allowed not to mention "under god" but they didn't bother to think about that. not my problem. They had their eye glued to tv every morning to say the pledge. *shrug* maybe some will says "oh crap I said it" or "oops too late I already said it" after they finish it eh hehe..

Boult said:
No, ASDB are allowed but it is that student themselves are allowed not to mention "under god" but they didn't bother to think about that. not my problem. They had their eye glued to tv every morning to say the pledge. *shrug* maybe some will says "oh crap I said it" or "oops too late I already said it" after they finish it eh hehe..

Well, Jew and muslim students would refuse to join ASDB but they can attend mainstream school without any problem and I graduated from mainstream school. :)

Do you like ASDB?

volcomskatz said:
Well, Jew and muslim students would refuse to join ASDB but they can attend mainstream school without any problem and I graduated from mainstream school. :)

Do you like ASDB?
we have all kinds that attends at ASDB :dunno:

I went there as little boy. it was my old school and I am alumni there. my good friend works there. so what does that means?

Boult said:
we have all kinds that attends at ASDB :dunno:

I went there as little boy. it was my old school and I am alumni there. my good friend works there. so what does that means?

I don't know because some students at CSDR was bashed on ASDB but I haven't been in ASDB before, then I'm apologize for called "ASDB sucks".

:topic: Well we are :topic: ciao to this thread.

netrox said:
I am NOT opposed to having a religious symbol on each burial on a deceased's request.

What i am opposed is putting crosses on their burials without knowing what they wanted.
:werd:

Everyone has different religious preferences. Even if they are Christians or whatever, they may prefer to be buried differently.

VamPyroX said:
:werd:

Everyone has different religious preferences. Even if they are Christians or whatever, they may prefer to be buried differently.

Buried differently ? :lol: They look all the same to me. People's bodies are the same as " dead " but, the true-believers or " born - again " Christians will go to the SAME heaven. Same place where Jesus Christ is. :)

CyberRed said:
Buried differently ? :lol: They look all the same to me. People's bodies are the same as " dead " but, the true-believers or " born - again " Christians will go to the SAME heaven. Same place where Jesus Christ is. :)
Oh, what they mean, like the cross, or angels, or something like that what people want on their burial ground. Each has different prefrences.

Boult said:
Now we have this organization to thanks for event though I am secular humanist (in other word, free thinker) which is American United; http://www.au.org/site/PageServer "Americans United for Separation of Church and State is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit educational organization, founded in 1947 by a broad coalition of religious, educational and civic leaders."

**stepping off soapbox*** :whistle:

I find it interesting that some atheists call themselves "free thinkers" as if those of no other belief are capable of thinking or making decisions. I think that kind of terminology risks setting up a very unhealthy mindset towards those of belief...it would not be right to treat believers as the equivalent of children or animals, nor even to think of them that way. (Recall in another thread I posted a list of some VERY significant scientists who were Christians, and I could find similar lists for other faiths.)

Yeah, I read about the guy who grew up christian and very active involved in church, somehow, humanist group called FREE THINKER. Everything he learned make sense to him and all the "proof" ideas and etc. Later in life, he been seriously ill and something nagging inside of him and felt the urge to ask for pastor and somehow, when pastor showed up and shared. He rededicated his life to Christ after regretting how easily he fall into human theories. Afterward, his siter came by, and sit by him and he asked his sister to find a paper that he wrote 1 two stanza of the song and she found it and gave it to him and wrote last 2 stanza. I had that story on other thread not know where, I still have the song book about him. And he prayed for those he knew that was involved Free Thinker to know the reality who Christ is and it is not just about "religions", its more than that.

hottiedeafboi said:
Yeah, I read about the guy who grew up christian and very active involved in church, somehow, humanist group called FREE THINKER. Everything he learned make sense to him and all the "proof" ideas and etc. Later in life, he been seriously ill and something nagging inside of him and felt the urge to ask for pastor and somehow, when pastor showed up and shared. He rededicated his life to Christ after regretting how easily he fall into human theories. Afterward, his siter came by, and sit by him and he asked his sister to find a paper that he wrote 1 two stanza of the song and she found it and gave it to him and wrote last 2 stanza. I had that story on other thread not know where, I still have the song book about him. And he prayed for those he knew that was involved Free Thinker to know the reality who Christ is and it is not just about "religions", its more than that.

And let's not forget about John Newton or the fact that many hymns sung in church were actually barroom (nightclub) songs.

pek1 said:
And let's not forget about John Newton or the fact that many hymns sung in church were actually barroom (nightclub) songs.
Are you referring to the melodies or the lyrics?

I can't think of any hymns that used "barroom" lyrics.

During the 18th and 19th centuries, melodies were used in common by "barroom" singers, hymn writers, and folk minstrals. The melodies weren't always necessarily written specifically for pub use but were easily spread across the land thru the pubs and inns by travellers. In fact, they often weren't even written down, but passed along, voice to voice.

Reba said:
Are you referring to the melodies or the lyrics?

I can't think of any hymns that used "barroom" lyrics.

During the 18th and 19th centuries, melodies were used in common by "barroom" singers, hymn writers, and folk minstrals. The melodies weren't always necessarily written specifically for pub use but were easily spread across the land thru the pubs and inns by travellers. In fact, they often weren't even written down, but passed along, voice to voice.

The melodies, correction noted.

Boult said:
really? how about googling this "Christianity in Russia" on google.com

Hows about talking to the Slavics in my church. They were born in Russia, and have lost family members in the UNDERGROUND churches that were found to the Russian government.

Yeah, I read about the guy who grew up christian and very active involved in church, somehow, humanist group called FREE THINKER. Everything he learned make sense to him and all the "proof" ideas and etc. Later in life, he been seriously ill and something nagging inside of him and felt the urge to ask for pastor and somehow, when pastor showed up and shared. He rededicated his life to Christ after regretting how easily he fall into human theories.

Your point? I've heard of those stories but how come you don't hear ex-Christians who stopped believing in fairy tales? How about me for an example?

Not all athiests are free thinkers or visa versa. Atheism is simply a belief that God does not exist.

netrox said:
Your point? I've heard of those stories but how come you don't hear ex-Christians who stopped believing in fairy tales? How about me for an example?

Not all athiests are free thinkers or visa versa. Atheism is simply a belief that God does not exist.
Enough of ur constant accussation and desipictable attitude. Either christian or never christian, there is no such ex christian.

That's odd. I'm an ex-Christian. Yeah. Hmm?

I strongly believed in Christ for almost years, considered a career in ministry, did some youth group leadership, etc.

Oh, wait, is this your way of saying that since I'm not a Christian now, I never really was one? Hmm! Smart way to deny stuff! Yeah! You're sharp, man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back