Dog That Attacked Kids Must Die

Kalista

Premium Member
Reaction score
Rottweiler A Nuisance, Vicious, Judge Says

FALMOUTH, Mass. -- A judge has upheld a decision by Falmouth officials to euthanize one of two Rottweilers that attacked children at local elementary school. :cry:

Judge Katherine Hand ruled that the dog, named Mya, is a nuisance and has a vicious disposition.

Mya's owner, Laura Warren, had hoped Mya would be saved. She has earlier dropped an appeal to save the life of her other dog, an older Rottweiler named Sinbad.

Falmouth selectmen ordered the animals euthanized after they twice escaped from Warren's yard in May and attacked children at the Teaticket Elementary School. In the first incident, the dogs jumped on a mother and her 4-year-old child, ripping the youngster's pants off.

A couple of days later, the dogs got loose during recess and bit three third-graders and a teacher's aide.

Judge: Dog That Attacked Kids Must Die - Boston News Story - WCVB Boston

yes, dog must die and serve as meat to China.
And the owner need be banned to not have pet since dog has not been train well.

Rottiwelier must send to vet and put this dog sleep which killed a innocent child..

That's horrible.. Owner must press the charged due no leashed their yard.

Rottiwelier must send to vet and put this dog sleep which killed a innocent child..

The article apparently stated, they escape from the yard. I assumed, the dogs were breaking the fence.

yes, dog must die and serve as meat to China.
And the owner need be banned to not have pet since dog has not been train well.

That's quite an inappropriate comment or gesture to make. Hopefully you'll take that back and well... :cool:

As for the incident that this story covers, the severity and times it has done this may indeed justify the euthanizing of the dogs. As it must be painful for the owner to lose her 'own', it's even painful for those who were victims of such bites and perhaps experiencing terror, trauma that may also last for a long time mentally as well as physically.

Not all dog bites should be the case for putting to sleep, a lot depends on each case and how each occurred as well as how it may have been provoked. For instance, while I was a 'newspaper boy' making my collection rounds, a dog bit me at a house I was approaching--to make it short, the dog was quarantined for at least a week (to check for rabies, etc.) and was able to be returned to the owner(s), which they made better adjustments and improvements so such an incident like that wouldn't happen again.

Anyhow, I don't want to start side-tracking this thread or story here...the thing is, I do hope the victims of the attacks are well and doing better now.

Thanks for sharing this story-- ;)

~RR

These two dogs escaped from the property TWICE and attacked children at the elementary school TWICE then the owner wants to try to save one dog from being euthanized? now she dropped it, good to hear, but what are they going to do about the owner?

I agree, if her dogs escaped from a fenced backyard once, then she should have tied them up on a leash or fix the fence then her dogs wouldn't have escaped again.

Dogs should be kept on the owner's property should always be kept on a leash when going for a walk or any other time the pet leaves its home. I wondered why dogs are outside alone in a fence yard? that's not gonna help keep the dogs on property, instead it'll give those dogs a chance to wandering away and possibly hurt others.

On several occasions I let my dog run around outside as long he stays on the property, for the first time last night he took off running near the apartments, I got upset with him, no more again will allow him to run around on our property because he should have known better to stay on OUR property, he disobeyed my rule. I put him in the cage and told him he was a bad dog. I need to think about our neighbors, doesn't matter if he won't attack anyone. I have to respect them by keeping my dog on my property. ;)

well sorry.
I just get my deep inside come out to show how angry I am about the poor care on dog. It become a monster.

well sorry.
I just get my deep inside come out to show how angry I am about the poor care on dog. It become a monster.

Dogs don't like to be neglected, they have feelings and sometimes those owners don't even care or thinks that dogs don't mind being left outside in a fence yard all by themselves. It's sad. :(

If they don't want their dogs in the house, then don't own a dog.

To me, rottweilers is kind of dog that live in the forest along with wolf, because if you care him/her very well, be friendly to them, they'll bite you no matter what.
I work for 10-12 different customers (at house) everyday, the more chance I met Rottweilers, Pitbulls, and other stupid mean dogs. I always tell customer to take this dog away. Most customers know that I'm sensitive to those kind of dogs. I don't care if that dog can smell my fear, but safety is very important for me.

To me, rottweilers is kind of dog that live in the forest along with wolf, because if you care him/her very well, be friendly to them, they'll bite you no matter what.
I work for 10-12 different customers (at house) everyday, the more chance I met Rottweilers, Pitbulls, and other stupid mean dogs. I always tell customer to take this dog away. Most customers know that I'm sensitive to those kind of dogs. I don't care if that dog can smell my fear, but safety is very important for me.

Rottweilers are another breed of dog that was bred over the years to be agressive, like Pitbulls and Dobermans. If you are going to own a breed of dog that has been bred to be agressive, then you have to also take the responsibility for keeping people safe from that dog. If the owner chooses to risk being attacked that is their choice. But those chidlren, and others who are attacked by dogs running loose, did not make that choice for themselves.

Pit bulls and Rottweilers are my worst fears. I refused to go near either one of those dogs. I stay the hell away.

Jillio said:
Rottweilers are another breed of dog that was bred over the years to be agressive, like Pitbulls and Dobermans. If you are going to own a breed of dog that has been bred to be agressive, then you have to also take the responsibility for keeping people safe from that dog. If the owner chooses to risk being attacked that is their choice. But those chidlren, and others who are attacked by dogs running loose, did not make that choice for themselves.

That's absolutely correct. :thumb:

Wow I grew up down there and I know where the school is. That is sad to see something like that happened. Yes it is happening everywhere on the Cape Cod believe me. I know.

Sad.

This morning I dropped off mails at elementary school and I walked out of the buidling and saw this german shepard was front of school building and ran away from me. I hope he goes back to where he came from and not attack kids at school.

Pit bulls and Rottweilers are my worst fears. I refused to go near either one of those dogs. I stay the hell away.

That's absolutely correct. :thumb:

I dont know i have seen pictures/videos of pits and rottweilers being good pets. It could just be the dog personality, i had a dalmatian that was very good to me but with strangers, etc he was very agressive, so we had to take him away.:sadwave:

*sigh - another dog attack story*

The good owners tried to positive their aggressive breed dogs like Rottweilers, Pitbulls, Doberman etc to be good dogs but it doesn't really always be good dogs.

I spoil all of my cats and educate all of my cat equal. One of 4 cats are aggressive. Like what I say that it depend on pet's emotion.

Rottweilers don't bite no matter what if they are trained and have a good home. They are guard dogs but very smart and can be trained to pay attention to people. We have Rhodesian Ridgebacks - a breed that is aggressive, brave (they hunt lions), strong, guard dogs, and usually don't like strangers. But we train them to behave and they never bite. But too many bad owners of aggressive dogs don't train them. Very sad for the dogs.

One thing to consider is that breeds like rotties, and dobermans (not pit bulls which are bred to fight other dogs) were bred to guard property and people and are territorial. The ones that attacked the children were not guarding anything. They left their own territory and went looking for something to attack. That is not acceptable behavior. Most dogs are somewhat territorial and can be trained and socialized not to attack. The owner is responsible for not keeping the dogs controlled.

Back