Does anyone on here dream almost everynight?

i dream all the time about my childhood and teen yrs. I dream what i did,who was around me,what i was wearing. Weird and unusual dreams. I hate morning wood b/c they interrupt my sleeping!!!

TOOOOOOO MUCH INFORMATiON!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have the strangest dreams ever! Nearly every night, too. Last night, I dreamt that I re-lived my high school graduation. It was so strange

The last dream that I remember had something to do with passing a test.

Once I had a dream where I had to stat a character to do something. This dream was influnced by a game that I played. If you were really into PvP (players vs players), you wanted the best possibble stats that you could get for your character and that meant endless statting to see if you got the stats you were looking for when you reached level five on your character. If it was bad or just not what you wanted, you had to kill the character till it reached level one and so that it would delete quickly. This was before changes were made.

Wirelessly posted

I always usually have dreams and they range from being in the world of Harry potter to being chased by someone to avatar the last air bender :)

Yes I dream every night! Sometmes have "Lucid" dreams where I can control the dream and do whatever I wanna do! There are no limits to your dreams!

I have the strangest dreams. The most recent one, I was involved in a black and white comic book type of scenario where a group of mice were talking in the comic style of talk and thought balloons. Except, I could read their thoughts almost as if by telepathy. One of the mice was an "old man" that was looking for the spirit of his dearly departed. He could hear her voice and I could too - we were the only ones to do so.

Then, I offer to help him find her (remember - this all just a bizarre dream) because apparently, where she is in the spirit world, she is being tortured by a bad spirit. We have to find her location to set her free. Everything in the dream is just black and white pen drawings up until we enter a house and then everything becomes vivid color in the hallways (but the walls are still black and white).

What happened next is extremely hard to explain. The "old man" becomes a human being and we both can hear the spirit of his dearly departed coming from the upstairs pleading with us to hurry up and set her free because the mean spirit is doing awful things to her. I then see, out of the corner of my eye, a huge gloved hand swooping down to kill the old man - apparently, from the mean spirit. It enrages me .... I follow the arm connected to the hand and totally annihilate the malevolent spirit - thus setting the trapped soul free and preventing the old man from meeting a horrible fate.

Weird dreams ... maybe I need to stop drinking so much mountain dew before I go to sleep :hmm:

weird on my dream feeling bother my mind trick! i am surprised I am puzzled it I think so odd on nap 15 or 30 minutes fast sleep! trick on nightmare!

I love the scientific explanation!

But although I sleep well, I rarely remember dreams.

The fact that you sleep well is the reason you don't remember many of your dreams. You only remember the ones you wake up during.

Interesting article here about remembering dreams and other research on dreams. I put in a bit of bolding on one part of the answer about why some people are more likely to remember their dreams.

I have not seen any research that says anything about remembering only those dreams during which you woke up.

Dreams: FAQ

The interesting bits about dream recall:

Why don't I remember more dreams?
There's no one final answer so far, just several little ones. Keep reading to learn more.
Why are dreams so forgettable?
It seems likely that all of us forget 95-99% of our dreams for the very ordinary reason that we sleep right through them and aren't paying attention to remembering anything. One dream researcher suggests that it's similar to when you are doing something that doesn't take much concentration, such as driving on an open road, so you are not paying attention to what you are doing.
Can you predict who will recall a lot of dreams and who won't?
In studies that compare people who recall several dreams a week with those who recall one a month or less, the biggest difference is that the people who recall have a greater interest in dreams and therefore a greater motivation to pay attention to them. For some reason, these people have decided that their dreams are worth remembering. Sometimes it is because they had one that seemed to come true, or one that fascinated them. The main reason we know "interest" and "motivation" are important is the high recallers say on surveys that they think dreams are important. But we also know it because some low recallers are stimulated to recall when they read about dreams or take a class on them.

Are there other mental or personality factors that influence rate of recall?

Some low recallers seem to be less good at tasks involving visual imagination, such as when they have to look at a picture of a building made of blocks and then construct one out of blocks that are sitting in front of them. There may be other "cognitive skills" relating to the ability to imagine things that are important, too, but the research is not yet completely convincing on this point.
As far as personality factors, which many people might think to be the main factor, studies using several personality tests don't show either large or consistent relationships. Nor is there any evidence that some people are too "defensive" or "repressed" to remember their dreams. Several studies are pretty convincing on that point.

What does it mean if someone recalls an excessive number of dreams, or no dreams at all?
In extreme cases of excessive dream recall, or no dream recall at all, there may be chemical imbalances at work. We think we know this because some medications lead people to report to physicians that they are remembering more dreams, and that the dreams are very vivid and realistic, and sometimes very scary.
In extreme cases of no recall, still another thing may be going on. These people may be dreaming very little or not at all. That probably sounds unlikely to most of you who heard growing up that everyone dreams at least during the four or five Rapid Eye Movement (REM) periods of the night. But the people who did that research in the 1950s and early 1960s may have jumped the gun a little because they hadn't studied the full range of people. Based on recent studies, including one using low recallers who were very low on visuospatial skills, it now seems probable again that some people don't dream.
Moreover, some people who suffer lesions in specific parts of the brain are known to lose their ability to dream for varying periods of time. These unusual cases show that it is possible to have the usual amount of REM sleep -- about 20-25% of the night -- and not dream. And to be mentally healthy without ever dreaming.

Me too! Dream almost everynight don't bother me. Even I dreamed during my naps. :P

Interesting article here about remembering dreams and other research on dreams. I put in a bit of bolding on one part of the answer about why some people are more likely to remember their dreams.

I have not seen any research that says anything about remembering only those dreams during which you woke up.

Dreams: FAQ

The interesting bits about dream recall:

Spatial ability and autism

Apparently then my low dream recall is part of having an ASD.

I didn't see anything in the article you linked about a relationship between autism and dream recall.

Do you want to remember your dreams more? You could try keeping a journal. Some people say if you lie quietly in the morning right when you wake up, and think about your dreams, you will remember more. Then you can take note of them, if you want to, and keep a sort of diary.

I've done that sort of thing from time to time. Never kept up with it very long but it was interesting to see patterns. I dream a lot about physical sensations which seem very real to me, like the feeling of flannel shirts, or my husband's whiskery face, or a hot cup of tea. And scents, too, are sometimes important in my dreams.

I didn't see anything in the article you linked about a relationship between autism and dream recall.

Do you want to remember your dreams more? You could try keeping a journal. Some people say if you lie quietly in the morning right when you wake up, and think about your dreams, you will remember more. Then you can take note of them, if you want to, and keep a sort of diary.

I've done that sort of thing from time to time. Never kept up with it very long but it was interesting to see patterns. I dream a lot about physical sensations which seem very real to me, like the feeling of flannel shirts, or my husband's whiskery face, or a hot cup of tea. And scents, too, are sometimes important in my dreams.

It's about visual spatial which was the part of your article linked to low dream recall.

And I am not wanting to recall more dreams, just interested in the reasons why or why not.

That's true, he did say that. But it was interesting that he said the biggest difference was that people who were more interested in recalling their dreams, more motivated to do so, were the ones who did in fact remember more.

It's fun to keep a "dream journal" by your bed to jot down your dreams right after you wake up. You might have enough good material to write a book that will knock the wind out of Stephen King. :)

You never know!!

Do you ever find that your dreams help you solve problems that you've been thinking about in the daytime?

I rarely dream.

When I do and it's huge, I usually forget what it was within a few minutes after waking up. :(

Nightmares Scare Me!

:dance:I had a not so good dream last night. Rather scary if I'm being honest.

Back