Does anyone else here enjoy words?

I have thought about purchasing a Nintendo DS, do they have games like Scrabble for the DS??

Yes, I noticed it last night when I was looking for Scrabble purchasing places for LDNanna.

Yes, I noticed it last night when I was looking for Scrabble purchasing places for LDNanna.

Sounds good, I may look into this further if I get some money back after taxes this year.

Scrabble player here...love the game and play it as often as I can. Trying to find a willing partner has been hard tho'. Most everyone is so busy these days....or it might be they don't wanna lose to a deafie!?? HAHA

If I lived close we could play deaf vs deaf! I am highly competitive!:wave:

That would be awesome!...
Perhaps you ladies can find a way to play online! I know there are similar games, such as Literati on Yahoo. It plays like Scrabble, with a different name. I am a decent player, but have been drubbed a few times. There is someone I know that gets a special pleasure out of putting me in my place. ♥

I like anagrams and palindromes. Which word games do you enjoy? My favorite palindrome is credited to Napoleon. "Able was I ere I saw Elba." As you see, it can be read from the left or right, pivoting upon the word "ere".

I love anagrams but I'm not so wild about palindromes. I love to play with words and to think of words with similar meanings so I can pick the word that's easier for me to pronounce. I like learning the meaning of words too. Take the word club for example. Not many people are aware that the word club has at least 14 different meanings.

I also like to think about "root" signs that have similar meanings if not exact meanings for example interact and around which are made with similar motions but different handshapes.

Perhaps you ladies can find a way to play online! I know there are similar games, such as Literati on Yahoo. It plays like Scrabble, with a different name. I am a decent player, but have been drubbed a few times. There is someone I know that gets a special pleasure out of putting me in my place. ♥

Is it free?

Is it free?

Oh yes. You would need to find each other, but there are lots of other players there. Here is a link: Yahoo games

You will need to sign up. There are many word games there. Literati is the Scrabble look-alike game. Send a PM to Rockin Robin and see if you can meet up. I know she is familiar with Yahoo.

Oh yes. You would need to find each other, but there are lots of other players there. Here is a link: Yahoo games

You will need to sign up. There are many word games there. Literati is the Scrabble look-alike game. Send a PM to Rockin Robin and see if you can meet up. I know she is familiar with Yahoo.

Thanks!

:giggle: Don't waste ur $$...game would be over in 5 mins. or less....just get a place by the door (in and out).... she's a tough broad to beat!

I admit I am sometimes frustrated when a picture of a sleeping kitten beats me on my PSP Scrabble. :lol:

I love words! I think Scrabble is so focused around tactics and I'm more of a strategic person, so I'm not AS good as I'd like to be. However, I always love me a palindrome. :D

@ Deafskeptic
Which english word has the same pronunciation with 4 different spellings and 5 different meanings?
(Don't cheat and ask Botti, not that you need to, but I can imagine Botti raising her hand and saying "ooooh- I know") lololol

@ Deafskeptic
Which english word has the same pronunciation with 4 different spellings and 5 different meanings?
(Don't cheat and ask Botti, not that you need to, but I can imagine Botti raising her hand and saying "ooooh- I know") lololol

:hmm: I am observing you in complete silence.

@ Murderegina

A man, a plan, a canal, Panama!

funny-pictures-taco-cat-is-a-palindrome.jpg

My hearing sister and I love to play Literati all the time via Yahoo. I sometimes beat her and she sometimes beat me, too. We have a lot of fun!

Back