Does anybody have anxiety/panic disorder?

suthrnphoduck

Reaction score
I have met some hearing people that have anxiety/panic disorder. But, I would love to chat with some hard of hearing/deaf people who also has it.

I did not see anything in the General Health Forum, so I thought maybe I would reach more people in the General Chat.

I have had it since I was little and it helps to talk to other people who has it too. Anyone?:dizzy:

"Three enemies of personal peace: regrets over yesterday's mistakes, anxiety over tomorrow's problems, and ingratitude for today's blessings."
~William A. Ward :wiggle: That's a good quote :cheers:

I get panic attacks if I drinks too much COFFFEEEE :Ohno:

Althgouth I've never had an actual panic attack, I've had anxiety attacks and tremors before. Most recently, was one night at work a couple of weeks ago, which was caused by an ungodly amount of stress from the week before, leading up to that night. After talking with my supervisor, I was able to calm down and relax.

I'm almost to the point of having tremors now, but its probably because I took 5 Advil liqui-gels earlier.

Sorry. I guess this is :topic:, being that I'm not deaf.

panic attacks

I get panic attacks especially about work. I keep on thinking tat I'm gonna get fired for my heatring loss. I work in a small place .They keep on telling me I do a good job, but I still think I'll get fired. I also get panic attacks when I'm driving and someone is talking to me. Iget the heart [alpitations and everything, sometimes chest pains to go with it Fairymist

Thank you for sharing that with me. Cental34, don't matter if u not deaf. I welcome you to talk with me. Stress can cause anxiety, many people can have it from working. There are some breathing exercises that I can tell you about that can help.

Redwine thank you, it's one of my favorite quotes. Caffiene is a major no no. It can cause panic and raise heart rate. I had to taper off of coffee and coca cola, my favorite, but had to do it. Tapering off keeps me from having bad headaches withdrawals.

Fairymist, I work full time in a office and get anxiety when I have to talk on the telephone. Don't be afraid to speak up, I don't know how long you have worked there but they must like you if they say you are doing a good job.
I also can relate to the driving part too. I had to tell them to get me hearing devices to turn up the volume and get others to take messages for me. They said no plm. According to the Disabilty Act they can not fire you for being hard of hearing.

I go to www.bbs.stresscenter.com, there is very helpful information there for coping with stress, anxiety, panic, ocd. This is for anyone.

Thank you so much, you make me happy as a lark. LOL :D

I had a friend who've experienced some kind of panic attack before...just about last year before halloween, we were in chapel hill and got on a public bus and it was very crowded because of the upcoming football game, my friend Jim, started shaking nervously and wont stop twitching his fingures and jerking his legs, and as we got off, he still shakes his legs and rubbing his figures like something's really bad gonna happen to him I told him to take a deep breath and chill out but he still keep at it and won't stop for like 30 min 'til everything went back to normal and less crowed now lol

i use to when i was younger being around a lot of kids. I had to go to therapy.. didn't help at all. I still have some around people ,but not as much as i use too.

Moderators, Can you kindly move this thread in Health Forum. Ty. ;)

Sorry Cheri about posting in General Chat. I am still new here and did not check out the Health Forum throughly. :Oops:

LemonLime2 said:
Sorry Cheri about posting in General Chat. I am still new here and did not check out the Health Forum throughly. :Oops:

Oh I know you're new here, I was only helping out. ;) But, don't need to apology you didn't know. :hug:

LemonLime2 said:
I have met some hearing people that have anxiety/panic disorder. But, I would love to chat with some hard of hearing/deaf people who also has it.

I did not see anything in the General Health Forum, so I thought maybe I would reach more people in the General Chat.

I have had it since I was little and it helps to talk to other people who has it too. Anyone?:dizzy:

I'm all ears, when all four are on! ;) Feel free to pm me, we can compare notes.

I have panic/anxiety attacks every once in a while.. I had 2 of them over the summer, and they both happened while I was at work, which was really bad. I have since then quit that job as it was really stressing me out.

does hyperventilate count?

I have hyperventiatled few times for my knee surgery (broke my knee so I had a reason to hyperventilate!)

during my 2nd birth to my son bec 3 epidurals did not WORK. sooo I hyperventilated for a few minutes.....then I was fine...I was just breathing toooo fast...haha. oh well.

Anxiety/depression

Yes I am the one too, I am deaf and suffered from anxiety and depression... I have created a website... feel free to check it out.. I will be post many different topics relate to anxiety and depression.. The goal of this website is to reach out more of deaf people.....

www.deafanxiety.blogs.com

THank you

GoAwayAnxiety

get them for years and now more

More so now with stress and going out

im me lucitoo2 on aol or pm me

kim

I have Panariod Personality Disoder. I will be worry for no reason, such like that. I have problems with panariod abt everything. But right now, I get a little better but later, I will get better more and more for sure.

Back